Digest for July 27, 1998

01-27 July 98  Sender:  vova.krass@xtra.co.nz
               Subject: from ELEONORA

02-27 July 98  Sender:  beckster@gte.net
               Subject: from Becky

03-27 July 98  Sender:  booboo319@hotmail.com
               Subject: from Lindsay Hughes

04-27 July 98  Sender:  cushet@yahoo.com
               Subject: from emily

05-27 July 98  Sender:  nazira_17@hotmail.com
               Subject: from Nazira

06-27 July 98  Sender:  nfairy@cheerful.com
               Subject: from Kostya

07-27 July 98  Sender:  0383247365.0001@t-online.de
               Subject: from Karolin Schmidt

08-27 July 98  Sender:  cwilliams@som-ky.campus.mci.net
               Subject: from Lisa Williams

09-27 July 98  Sender:  daria_9.mail.yahoo.com
               Subject: from Dasha Mashnik

10-27 July 98  Sender:  star@bb.vyatka.ru
               Subject: from Elena Starigina

11-27 July 98  Sender:  wwlowejr@worldnet.att.net
               Subject: from William Lowe

RECENT EMAIL . . .

01-27 July 98  Sender:  Doug LaVerne (dlaverne@usit.net)
               Subject: Russian-US aviation

02-27 July 98  Sender:  Mac@Maine.edu (Dennis McConnell, Maine Business School)
               Subject: Websites: U.S. City/State Guides

03-27 July 98  Sender:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu
               Subject: IREX Short-Term Travel Grants

04-27 July 98  Sender:  medmagic@aol.com
               Subject: cruise ship video

05-27 July 98  Sender:  pankiewicz@hotmail.com
               Subject: Family Name Pankiewicz

06-27 July 98  Sender:  rlc.paris@wanadoo.fr
               Subject: Some info, please!!

07-27 July 98  Sender:  "Serghei Oushakine" (G96Ous72@STUDENT.CEU.HU)
               Subject: Director, Moscow American Center

08-27 July 98  Sender:  "Serghei Oushakine" (G96Ous72@STUDENT.CEU.HU)
               Subject: Program Assistants =  Center for Democracy

09-27 July 98  Sender:  "Tamara Smith" (tlsmith@tyler.net)
               Subject: Russian Adoption

10-27 July 98  Sender:  "Ed Lednyak" (bady@email.msn.com)
               Subject: INFORMATION EXCHANGE

11-27 July 98  Sender:  kgrill@aaas.org (KGRILL)
               Subject: SCIENTIST: CEU Lecturers' Mobility Programme -
                                    Environment

12-27 July 98  Sender:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu
               Subject: SSRC--Eurasia Program: Dissertation Fellowships

13-27 July 98  Sender:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu
               Subject: SSRC--Eurasia Program: Institutional Awards/Summer
                                    Language Insts.

14-27 July 98  Sender:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu
               Subject: SSRC--Eurasia Program: Postdoctoral Fellowships

Sender:  vova.krass@xtra.co.nz

Hi  !
I am looking for friends from different countrys.
I like to communicate with people .
If you dont mind, please write for me something.
I am 22 years old student.
I am Russian, but live in New Zealand about 2 years.
I will be very happy to find a friends.
See you.

Sender:  beckster@gte.net

Greetings from Dallas, Texas!  When I was a child (I am 26 now), one of the
things that frightened me the most was Russia.  Now I am an adult and we
have our countries working together.  I have taken some Russian courses and
had a Russian roommate in college.  The internet is the next frontier that
we as a society face - I am happy so far that the U.S. and Russia as well
as other countries' peoples are coming even closer together thanks to this
medium!  Knowledge is our weapon in the fight against hatred!  Ok, that's
enough from me.  :)

Sender:  booboo319@hotmail.com

I think that what you guys are doing is a great thing.  Its helping people
become more aware that there are bigger and better things out their once
you learn to communicate with others!  Lindsay Hughes, 16, Alexandria, Va.,
USA.

Sender:  cushet@yahoo.com

I have traveled to Moscow and St Petersburg a few times for business(used
to fly for Pan Am) and once on my own.  I met many wonderful friendly
people there and hope that even though it is rough there now that they will
stick it out.  These things take time.  I look forward to improving my
russian- it's hard to find a school here.  I live in a tiny town south of
Atlanta Georgia and teaching French is far out enough for this area!I do
have a question maybe someone knows the answer to- When I was at the
Pushkin Museum I say a painting"Christ on the mount" I cannot remember the
painters' name and my friend and I are going crazy looking thru books!  I
couldn't find an email# to the Pushkin-any ideas?  Paka, emily

Sender:  nazira_17@hotmail.com

Hello!I think it's very nice place to meet friends.My name is Nazira and
I'm looking for friends all over the world.You can write me I'm waiting for
your mail with big interest.I'm a girl of 17 years old.I am studing in the
university.See you!PS: By the way,I can speak Russian.  .

Sender:  nfairy@cheerful.com

Hello evrbdy!  I'm fond of alternative and dance music, good literature and
my profession (I mean journalism).  I would be glad to talk to anyone who
has the same or contrary interests.

Sender:  0383247365.0001@t-online.de

Hi, Karolin!  My name is Daria.  I am almost 15 years old.  I am from
Russia, but I live in U.S.A. right now.  I can speak French too.  i've been
in France and Germany.  I am glad I can write you.  If you want, you can
write me.  My e-mail address is daria_9.mail.yahoo.com.  I'll be glad if
you'll answer me.  thank you.  Bye

Sender:  cwilliams@som-ky.campus.mci.net

I am a 25 year old school teacher in Kentucky.  I recently had the
priveledged opportunity to go on a mission trip with my church to Russia.
We worked with a church in Dmitrov.  The Russian people are great!  They
are very kind and hospitable.  I was very impressed with the country and
it's people.  I learned a great deal about the Russian culture.  Our
mission team developed a close relationship with our host families, as well
as with our interpreters.  I hope to return to Russia in the future.  I was
very glad to find this website.  I want to learn all I can about this
wonderful country.  Thank You!

Sender:  daria_9.mail.yahoo.com

privet, My name is Dasha.  I am 14 years old.  I am from Russia, but I live
in America right now.  I miss Russia and everything about it all the time.
I can speak English and French.  I play piano and do a lot more fun stuff.
If you want, please write me.  I'll be more than happy.  Thank you.  I'll
be waiting.:-) Poka