Digest for July 13, 1998

01-13 July 98  Sender:  jworth@iland.net
               Subject: from Jeane

               Subject: from David Murray

               Subject: from Susanne Hilton

               Subject: from Michael

               Subject: from NAZIRA

               Subject: Trans-Siberian Railroad

               Subject: Looking for the contacts in DC

               Subject: INFO-RUSS: Russian Weekend school info (XPOST)

               Subject: Galleries/arts organizations in Moscow or "Golden Ring"

               Subject: transcultural chitchat

               Subject: Seeking information and guidance

               Subject: US-Ukraine Small Business R&D Cooperation Program

               Subject: from Abilene, Texas

               Subject: I'm looking for somebody

               Subject: Howdy

               Subject: Need Russian Domestic Help

               Subject: Russian Books

               Subject: Ireland-Russian links

               Subject: Russian Resources or People in Connecticut USA?

               Subject: I'm Daler

               Subject: wanting to chat

               Subject: population

18-13 July 98  Sender:  Marco Ziegler (Marco.Ziegler@unifr.ch)
               Subject: URL inclusion

19-13 July 98  Sender:  Rostyslav (poctuk@top.net)
               Subject: USA-CIS

20-13 July 98  Sender:  vict@iname.com
               Subject: PeReStRoIkA

Sender:  jworth@iland.net

What a great thing to find while spending a few minutes on the web.  I
almost feel like Mother Earth, seems like I'm the oldest one around this
page.  Being a 69 year old,(young) grandmother.  I am raising my two
grandchildren since my daughter died and I would like to hear from someone
who may be doing the same thing,only in another part of the world.  We may
be able to share our experiences as Moms all over again.  I'll be looking
forward to hearing fromyou out there.  Thanks

Sender:  mdmurray@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

Hi,

I'm a grandson of Ukrainian Canadian immigrants and I'm very interested in
finding out about my Ukrainian heritage, perhaps getting in touch with my
relatives whom I believe to be in the Odessa area.  I enjoy visiting
websites like this one and anything connected to East Europe.  I'm also
interested in finding out what life is like in that part of the world,
particularly for the average person.  My particular interests at this point
are on opportunities for education, as I am about to complete my bachelor
of petroleum engineering program and go on in school via distance education
while launching into a career as an engineer.  If there's anybody out there
who is interested in corresponding, please feel free to get in touch.  I
appreciate the good work you've done on this website...Thanks!

Sender:  worldwide@thegrid.net

I am a happily married 47 year old woman who lives in the desert area of
California.  We live on a 5 acre ranch.  I am looking for a Russian woman
penpal 30+ for conversation and friendship.  Must speak English as I do not
speak Russian.  I have always been interested in your culture and would
like to learn more.  I can tell you about America.  Write anytime.

Sender:  kmichlrose@hotmail.com

I'm interested in studying in Russia and the FSU, any and all advice is
welcome.

Also interested in meeting people from any area interested in the further
study of current relations between US and FSU countries...

Thanks...

Sender:  nazira_17@hotmail.com

Prevet vsem!  Ya is Tashkenta,nedavno zakonchila shkolu(# 164) ,no teper
uchuc v Tailande.Skuchau po Tashkentu, no osobenno po moim drusiam.Pishite
vse kto menya znaet i pomnit.  I'll be waiting.Pleas write back soon, as
soon as possible.

Sender:  bb906@lafn.org (Frank Leupp)

        I (among so many others, apparently) am contemplating
taking the Trans-Siberian train trip across Russia in the near
future and would appreciate any hints, advice, etc., from
anyone.  I would like to stop over in several places, not just
a thru trip.  thanks in advance.

Frank Leupp

Sender:  "Roman A. Novozhilov" (roman_novozhilov@hotmail.com)

Hi

My name is Roman Novozhilov. I am from St.Petersburg, Russia and moving
to Washington, DC in August 1998. I would like to get in touch with
someone from DC who can provide me with some orientation and insight
into a city life or just to have a beer together and talk while
practicing their Russian or English or whatever...
I would also appreciate if any students from American University, DC
where I am going to study (are there any Russians?) may be intersted in
getting in touch with me and giving me an insiders' look on the life and
study in DC.

Roman
roman_novozhilov@hotmail.com