Digest for June 17, 1998

01-17 June 98  Sender:  roig@ihug.co.nz
               Subject: from diane gooch

02-17 June 98  Sender:  No1RnSfan@hotmail.com
               Subject: from April Smith

03-17 June 98  Sender:  Chief@wbuffalo.com
               Subject: from Tricia

04-17 June 98  Sender:  hbertran@francomedia.qc.ca
               Subject: from Huguette Bertrand, poet

05-17 June 98  Sender:  lyiea@hotmail.com
               Subject: from Lyiea

06-17 June 98  Sender:  mikebox@flash.net
               Subject: from Michael

07-17 June 98  Sender:  rohan@sydney.net
               Subject: from Rohan D

08-17 June 98  Sender:  plesk@polymer.gomel.by
               Subject: from Helena Sokolova

RECENT EMAIL . . .

01-17 June 98  Sender:  Emily Sanders (esanders@counterpart.org)
               Subject: Job Announcement - Please Post

02-17 June 98  Sender:  "Andrew  Dranov" (root@andr.kemerovo.su)
               Subject: I'll soon immigrate to Canada

03-17 June 98  Sender:  "Basil M. DeLashmutt III"
                        (bdelashm@skipjack.bluecrab.org)
               Subject: Classroom interaction

04-17 June 98  Sender:  Heratheta@aol.com
               Subject: posting message

05-17 June 98  Sender:  Judy Antipin Hartheimer (jhart@cynet.net)
               Subject: Contacts during Russia visit

06-17 June 98  Sender:  RWRIGHTNOW@aol.com
               Subject: rcnp

07-17 June 98  Sender:  Maria (citzinfo@irk.ru)
               Subject: Looking for a job

08-17 June 98  Sender:  Maria (citzinfo@irk.ru)
               Subject: Looking for contact

09-17 June 98  Sender:  Sue Parslow (sue.parslow@ecm.emap.com)
               Subject: cats in russia

10-17 June 98  Sender:  Natter3@aol.com
               Subject: L:ooking for an old friend who teaches school

11-17 June 98  Sender:  Barozzi@aol.com
               Subject: Etymology

12-17 June 98  Sender:  Vsevolod Mihajlov (tanyusha@worldnet.att.net)
               Subject: Moscow State Library

13-17 June 98  Sender:  "Angela Collins" (Optrade@btinternet.com)
               Subject: RED OCTOBER RUSSIAN CHOCOLATE

14-17 June 98  Sender:  Rostyslav (poctuk@top.net)
               Subject: Send your parcel to Ukraine, Russia and rest of the
C.I.S at

Sender:  roig@ihug.co.nz

hi all readers of f & p.  I found this site by chance but am happy I did.
Would love to hear from anyone from anywhere.  I am from New Zealand and I
am really interested in the former Soviet Union and other countries.  I
have loved reading the e-mail on this site.  Looking forward to hearing
from someone - hopefully.

Sender:  No1RnSfan@hotmail.com

Hello!!

I am a 18 year old girl in the United States.  I speak relatively good
Russian, and will be taking my first trip to Russia next month.  I am
interested in talking to people over the internet from Moscow and St.
Petersburg, so that I can learn more about the cities before I go.  Please
e-mail me if you can talk with me about either city!!

Spacibo bolshoye!

April

Sender:  Chief@wbuffalo.com

Hello.  I came across this web site and decided to sign it.  I am 28 and
live in the US. Do not understand Russian language, but you can understand.
Understand?  Have a great day, hope to hear from someone.

Sender:  hbertran@francomedia.qc.ca

Hello

I am a french canadian poete (female) and I have just discovered your web
site.  I wish to thank you for this link leading to my homepage where I
have dedicated a page to Marina Tsvetaeva : ´Another wonderful page about
Marina developed by Huguette Bertrand in French only.ª

Huguette Bertrand
ESPACE POETIQUE
http://www.francomedia.qc.ca/~s.o.s.fr//Poesie/poete.html

Sender:  lyiea@hotmail.com

Hi...  my name is LYIEA. I'm Malaysian.  Have U heard about MALAYSIA
before?  If U want to know further about my country..  Iill get for u the
clear picture on that!

Sender:  mikebox@flash.net

I am a 29 year old living in Ft.Worth Texas.  I found this site while
looking for some phrases to converse with two Russian students I have in my
Vacation Bible School class.  This is a wonderful site.  I am looking
forward to learning more about the Russian people, culture, language and
customs.  If there are any questions that anyone has for me I will gladly
answer them.  I look forward to any responses I might recieve.  God bless
all.

Sender:  rohan@sydney.net

"WoW" What a choice site I'm from Sydney home of the 2000 Olympic's!  If
anyone finds this & wants to know if they can make it to the Olympic's &
are looking for a friend who lives in Australia, please call me for advice
on traveling within Australia.  :-)

Sender:  plesk@polymer.gomel.by

Chamber Chorus of Soloist
The Philharmonic Society of Gomel Belarus
http://www.belarus-online.com/chamber_chorus

Artistic Leader and Conductor - Helena Sokolova

The Chamber Chorus of Philharmonic Soloist under the direction of Helena
Sokolova comprises of 22 people and was the Laureate of the first prize at
the 14th International Festival of Orthodox Church Music in Poland.  In
attendance were the Metropolitan of Warsaw, high clergy of Greece, France,
poland as well as the Ambassadors of Russia, Belarus, Poland,
Czechoslovakia at the Inauguration of the Concert.  The Chamber Chorus of
Philharmonic Soloist received top honors during the affair.

The repertoire includes of the chorus includes masterpieces of the Slav
church's sacred music of the 17th-20th centuries: D. Bortnyansky, A.
Arkhangleskiy, P. Chaikovskiy and other composers of Western European
sacred Music: O. Lasso, F. Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, I. Bach, F. Chopin, L.
Dvorak, D. Palestrina.  Popular Music - Old Russian romances and folks
songs hold a special place with the soloists.

The Chorus has toured Poland Germany (12 times, 80 cities), The
Netherlands, and France.  In 1991, by invitation of the Rotary Club and the
Zonta Club the Chorus gave several philanthropic concerts in Hamburg to
benefit the Children of Chernobyl.  In 1993 by invitation of Mr.  Schreder,
the Minister of the President of Niedersachsen, the Chorus performed in
Hannover and Falensbosten at the celebration of the 1500th anniversary of
the town.  In 1997 the chorus performed in concert in honor of Mr.  Daniel
Spehard, the US ambassador to Belarus.

We invite offers for performances and participation in Philanthropic
concerts, as well as the opportunity for cultural exchanges and affairs.

Helena Sokolova Chief Conductor, Laureate of the first prize
Armen Dilenyan Director - Manager

Tel.: +375 (292) 76-96-58
Fax: +375 (232) 525-362
E-mail: plesk@polymer.gomel.by
Some samples of our work are available on compact disk or tape:

Russian sacred music of the 18-19th century
The great glorification (A. Strumsky)
God, please hear me pray (A. Arkhangelsky)

Belarussian sacred chants of the 18 century
Oh, Lord save us
God was born
Farewell, Maria
Oh, Maria, God's Mother
Cherub's canto no. 7 (D. Bortnyansky)
I'm Believing (P. Chaikovskiy)

Old Russian romances of the 19 century (9-18)
Parting (A. Gurilev)
At the wicket (N. Obukhov)
And There is nowhere les beaux yeux (P. Bulakhov)
Don't Tempt me (M. Glinka)
A misty morning (V. Abaza)