Digest for May 25, 1998

Andrey Sebrant generously shares another of his wonderful stories about
"Moscow Life".  The latest one is called "Bridge over troubled season" and
is available at:

  http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/asebrant/life/1998/apr98.html

In this story (with *lots* of photographs), Andrey takes us on a trip
around Moscow - through melting April snows, May Day holidays and a bicycle
tour.  You'll see lots of changes around Moscow and learn a little more
about "life .. not limited to Kremlin and government offices that you see in
the news".  This story features lots of local faces too (including that of
Andrey - who is one of those rare souls who seems to get younger each
year!).

Our thanks to Andrey for his continued generosity in sharing his time and
energy with Friends and Partners.  His efforts represent the very heart of
the Friends and Partners project.  You can view his 3+ years of stories from
the main Moscow Life page:

  http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/asebrant/life/ml.html

Also, please visit Andrey's weekly updated site at the Mining Company
entitled "Russia for Visitors" at:

  http://gorussia.miningco.com/

Skip Evans has recently begun a site entitled "Our Towns" which features
stories about life in various cities around the world.  Skip will be glad
to help you develop your own site about life in your town.  URL:

  http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/skipevans/ourtowns/

Skip has also published very interesting material about life in his
(current) home city of Atlanta Georgia and about recent travel in Russia
- *well* worth the visit to:

  http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/skipevans/atl/russia/

As always, please let us know if F&P can help you get started publishing
your own material.  We are especially eager to help folks in the
"west" publish material about day-to-day life that will be interesting to
our friends in Russia/NIS. We're really more than glad to provide the space
and as much help as possible for publishing your stories.

RECENT GUESTBOOK ENTRIES . . .

01-25 May 98  Sender:  jbrinson@telusplanet.net
              Subject: from Leah Blaite

RECENT EMAIL . . .