Digest for May 14, 1998

01-14 May 98  Sender:  klesko@aol.comm
              Subject: from Phillip Gann

              Subject: from Ron Wedin

              Subject: from Peter Crosby

              Subject: from Yana

              Subject: from Larry Gibbons

              Subject: from Pat Pletnikoff

              Subject: from David

              Subject: from Heidi

              Subject: from Sandy Goben

              Subject: from Igor Melnikov

              Subject: from Evgeshka !!!

              Subject: from A. Pradeep

              Subject: from Robert

              Subject: from Crystal Shepherd

              Subject: from Anton Nikonov

              Subject: from Yelena Kachuro

01-14 May 98  Sender:  John George (georgy@terracom.net)
              Subject: Whoopie!!!!!!

02-14 May 98  Sender:  dwildermuth@sciam.com (David Wildermuth)
              Subject: Far Eastern Travel

03-14 May 98  Sender:  Maria (citzinfo@irk.ru)
              Subject: "BAIKALSK-98" INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL

04-14 May 98  Sender:  "microfinance" (microfinance@zigzag.pl)
              Subject: training offer

05-14 May 98  Sender:  Carla Perez-Colon
                       (Carla.Perezcolon@students.miami.edu)
              Subject: RUSSIANS IN CENTRAL ASIA

06-14 May 98  Sender:  "Darya Pushkina" (v-dpushkina@bss2.umd.edu)
              Subject: INFO-RUSS: mail to Russia

07-14 May 98  Sender:  dcope@earthlink.net
              Subject: talk show hostess in Moscow?

08-14 May 98  Sender:  Jen Fischer (Jfischer@casspink.com)
              Subject: Liden & Denz school?

09-14 May 98  Sender:  John George (georgy@terracom.net)
              Subject: Request Assistance

10-14 May 98  Sender:  "marianne and kevin" (ays@bewellnet.com)
              Subject: moving to russia

11-14 May 98  Sender:  PFOX6056 (PFOX6056@aol.com)
              Subject: Going to Latvia

12-14 May 98  Sender:  Ilya Shlyakhter (ilya_shl@MIT.EDU)
              Subject: Russian chess magazines

13-14 May 98  Sender:  Jonathan Lawrence (jlawrence@sais-jhu.edu)
              Subject: coming to moscow

14-14 May 98  Sender:  saj_74@yahoo.com
              Subject: meaning of "Nikita"?

15-14 May 98  Sender:  "N. Lemley" (nlemley@sprintmail.com)
              Subject: Russian Pen Pals?

16-14 May 98  Sender:  NDiaz76958@aol.com
              Subject: from Cuba

Sender:  klesko@aol.comm

I like this web site.  I like to see people express themselves.  You don't
have to agree on everything but you can discuss it.  Discussing
disagreement is the way to solve them not fighting.  I am a product of the
Vietnam War.  I use to think killing your enemy was the only way to solve
it.  I have grown old and wiser.  I wished that I knew then what I know
NOW. Understanding kindness and being helpful will do more good then any
bomb or gun every made.  I hope the world will never see war again.
Fighting for your country is one thing but fighting for a bunch of lieing,
crooked politicians is a different.  I wish, no I pray Russia and the
Russsian people will always be what every they want to be.  These things
comes with freedom.  Good luck and may God bless you

Sender:  ron_wedin@hopkins.k12.mn.us

Zdravstvuyte!

We are are group of 4 teachers about 50 years old that will be traveling
across Russia in June, 1998.  We will fly to St.  Petersburg (June 15) for
4 days before taking train to Moscow for 4 more.  We take a package train
trip acroos to Vladivostok with stops around Lake Bakal/Irkutsk.  We are
former exchange teachers in China on our way for a return visit.  Any
ideas/suggestions for us while in Russia?  Do Svidania!

Sender:  safety1@kalama.com

Hi all!  I find this site exciting.  It's such a large world brought close
together through the net.  I'm 44, work in a pulp mill and am involved in
safety and environmental groups in the work place.  I enjoy sharing ideas
and thoughts.  My web page is ( www.kalama.com/~safety1 ) Hope to foster
friendship with fellow net persons.  Take care and be safe.

Sender:  safety1@kalama.com

My last entry cut off my web page I wanted to share with you.  Feel free to
visit.  I love to correspond.  My reflections can be found at
http://www.kalama.com/~safety1 Take care, Peter

Sender:  krylova@jur.dvgu.ru

Hi all!  I'm from Russia, Vladivostok.  My name is Yana.  I like music,
good company.  I want to find here a good friend.  If you are interestied
in my words, wright me a letter.  P.s.  sorry, but my English is not very
good.  Bye!

Sender:  LGib634874@aol.com

I hope to visit Moscow and Volgagad in Sept.  98.  I would like to stay
with a host family in these cities.  I will be traveling with a buddy of
mine.  Can you help?

Sender:  RPike37165@aol.com

Looking for someone living in Kaliningrad with a e-mail address.  The
Kaliningrad on the Baltic Sea.  Would like to do some buisness
correspondece with a friend that lives there.  Can you help?  A great site
to visit.

Sender:  DEL777@bright.net

I have just returned from Minsk, Belarus and would like to have a reliable
contact within the city.  I know several people there but they do not have
access to e-mail.  I always like to know new people so if anyone is
interested in regular contact with me, please e-mail me.  Any age or
profession is fine!

Sender:  hayds4@hotmail.com

Hello everyone out there in the net! This is a
nice site. I like it... its nice meeting and talking
to friends all over the world. CONGRATULATIONS!
Well... if there's someone who want to be my friend
feel free to write me. I'm from the Philippines.

Sender:  goben@netexpress.net

I will be leaving for Moscow on June 15th with nine
members of my family.  We are going there on a
mission trip to deliver Bibles.  We are all very
excited.  This is my husband's eighth mission trip
to Russia.  My children and my mother and aunt are
also going on this trip.  After the mission trip,
we are going to spend some time in Moscow and St.
Petersburg so any advise on things to see and do
would be appreciated.  We'd especially like to go
to the circus at Gorky Park.  I went to it in about
1990 and hope it is still there.  Thanks for your
help and comments.

Sender:  melnikov@internet-zahav.net

My greetings from Jerusalem !
Very good and interesting site.

Sender:  Yas@etel.ru

Hello!¹ !!!
I am a nice lady from Russia !!!
I like to write letters !!!
And i am waiting your letters  !
!Bye!!!

Sender:  anand_pradeep

Hi,
I am sorry , i got some work in between,so i am completing my message
. I can speak French, english , Hindi, punjabi. I am interested
in Russian people becaze i know they love those people who love them
I am a good looking guy from New Delhi.

I wanna hv a friend who can understand me , in turn i'll try to understand
my "would be" also.

If u hv i suite you. write to me.
I am ready to talk about anything, any issue.

Sender:  Anand_pradeep@hotmail.com

Hi , i am 23 yr.  old software professional from India, the country of
Human Values, Saints, Culture, Tradition.  I am currently looking for a
friend M/F who can a true friend forever.  If U hv same likings as i am
having ,please get closer to your machine and send me e-mail

what u are waiting for buddy.

bye til i hear from U.

Sender:  austere@sochi.ru

HI.My name is Robert.I am 16.I live in Sochi (Russia).I wish to contact
you.

Sender:  really19@mailexcite.com

Howdy I am 16 y/o and i am from the usa (ohio) is the
state I love to write to people so i hope to hear from
anyone please!!!

Sender:  antonnik@chat.ru

Privet!  Men'a zovut Anton.  Ja zhivu na Urale, Russia.  Uzhe bol'she 15
let ja interesujus' kul'turoj i istoriej indeytsev USA, zhivuschix k zapadu
ot Mississipi.  Ischu edinomyshlennikov dl'a obschenija po etoj teme.
antonnik@chat.ru

Sender:  alenchik@yahoo.com

Awesome idea!  Hope to see the project grow and expand in the nearest
future.  Lots of luck!

Sender:  John George (georgy@terracom.net)

I just got word that my proposal for a 5-week trip to Russia has been
accepted.   12 American and 12 Russian teachers will be doing curriculum
planning for our respective districts.  All have computers, so we'll be
able to keep up our relationships on line.

  I am an art teacher and I wish to investigate the making of clay
whistles in the manner of the old itinerant Russian potters of the last
century.  If any one out there knows how to go about finding potters- or
any artistists working in the old styles PLEASE RESPOND!

Lastly, on my trip two years ago,I discovered the importance of gift
giving.  Any suggestions?
Sincerely,
John George

Sender:  dwildermuth@sciam.com (David Wildermuth)

I was wondering whether anyone could share with me their travel experiences
in the Russian Far East, especially the region around Lake Baikal.  I will
be going there this summer and would be especially interested to know if
there is any way to organize a 1-2 day stay at a private residence in the
cities of Ulan-Ude and/or Irkutsk.  Does someone know of any must-see
sights off the beaten path?  Any insight and/or personal recommendations
would be greatly appreciated.

DW

(P.S. Sorry if this is not the proper forum for this type of inquery...)

Sender:  Maria (citzinfo@irk.ru)

The first ten days of August,1998, will witness "Baikalsk-98"
International Music Festival to be held on the southern shores of Lake
Baikal.

The festival  is supposed to gather participants -singers and bands-
representing different styles and friends of modern music from Russia
and worldwide and being widely reported in mass media will attract
attention to economic and cultural potential of the region.
In the framework of the festival a number of other cultural events will
take place: folk performances, exhibitions, sport events as well as to
those willing various tour will be offered: excursions, horseback rides
and hikes.

The ecological seminar "Youth and ecological problems" will be included
into the program of the festival. Five sections will be working during
the seminar:

Conservation and development of native cultures;
Environmental education, pedagogy and psycology;
Ecobusiness, tourism, investment;
Youth organizations and ecological politics;
Theory and practice of environmental protection.

Different accomodation facilities of your choice will be available
during the festival: from campsites and lodges in the Festival set-up
camp to suites and deluxe accommodations. To provide a high technical
and esthetical level the Organizing Committee invites to cooperate

sposors, businessmen and firms willing to be advertised.
The Committee will select participants after listening to their tapes
and video.

Deadline for presentations of the materials is July 1, 1998.
Any of your comments/ideas on the Festival's holding procedure that you
may be able to give us are available before July 10.
Hoping to see you in Baikalsk either as a guest or a participant.
For more information do not hesitate to contact us:
e-mail: citzinfo@irk.ru
For mail: 664033 Russia, Irkutsk, Lermontov str.#104
Baikalsk Institute of Ecology and Nature.