Digest for April 21, 1998

01-21 April 98  Sender:  concord@fyi.net
                Subject: from Pastor John K. Smith

02-21 April 98  Sender:  chatelaa@wharton.upenn.edu
                Subject: from Adele A. Chatelain

03-21 April 98  Sender:  doma-becker@t-online.de
                Subject: from Manfred Becker

04-21 April 98  Sender:  arkamy@hotmail.com
                Subject: from Amy

05-21 April 98  Sender:  ggaulke@nutecnet.com.br
                Subject: from Guenther Gaulke

06-21 April 98  Sender:  ivan.ru@altavista.net
                Subject: from Ivan

07-21 April 98  Sender:  russia_citylink@yahoo.com
                Subject: from Message from Alexander Krivenyshev

08-21 April 98  Sender:  ufs12878@zeus.sjsu.edu
                Subject: from Faina

09-21 April 98  Sender:  http://www.oldrussia.com
                Subject: from Mikhail

RECENT EMAIL . . .

01-21 April 98  Sender:  Center for Civil Society International
                         (ccsi@u.washington.edu)
                Subject: The Russian Non-Profit Sector: 1997

02-21 April 98  Sender:  "Galina A. Andrianova" (galina@eschool.chg.ru)
                Subject: My virtual home

03-21 April 98  Sender:  Victor Samsonoff (samson@nosu.ru)
                Subject: Message to friends

04-21 April 98  Sender:  emargile@solar.cini.utk.edu (Ellee C. Margileth)
                Subject: Re: Cordell Hull Museum in Byrdstown TN

05-21 April 98  Sender:  emargile@solar.cini.utk.edu (Ellee C. Margileth)
                Subject: Re: Information (Ulyanovsk - Simbirsk)

06-21 April 98  Sender:  "Francesco Deved'" (grisha@MIT.EDU)
                Subject: Sova bien - Filin good!

07-21 April 98  Sender:  "Makiko Sakiyama" (makikom@ba.mbn.or.jp)
                Subject: Seeking Russian friends

08-21 April 98  Sender:  martin@raft.org
                Subject: Project Whitewater Russia/USA

09-21 April 98  Sender:  "Ramtin - Sohrabian" (ramtin@APADANA.COM)
                Subject: I want to have penfriend !

10-21 April 98  Sender:  "gary clark" (garyclark@hotmail.com)
                Subject: E A R T H  D A Y

11-21 April 98  Sender:  Glen Cochennet (fuman@usa.net)
                Subject: e-mail pals

12-21 April 98  Sender:  Ilya Shlyakhter (ilya_shl@MIT.EDU)
                Subject: information about Russian books on tape

13-21 April 98  Sender:  LEGOMSKY Kathryn (LEGOMSKY@iom.int)
                Subject: IOM releases new report

14-21 April 98  Sender:  vesan@bser.msk.ru
                Subject: Russian Insurance

15-21 April 98  Sender:  rusric@erols.com
                Subject: RUSSIAN GEMS

16-21 April 98  Sender:  Tim McDowell (tjm@micronet.net)
                Subject: Immigration!

17-21 April 98  Sender:  "Valerij Sologubenko" (val_47@hotmail.com)
                Subject: about  my  home  page

18-21 April 98  Sender:  "Terry L. Freitag" (TFre@aol.com)
                Subject: Terry L. Freitag

19-21 April 98  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
                Subject: Ukrainian Weekly Preview April 12th, 1998

Sender:  concord@fyi.net

I have been enjoying this great site for almost two years!  Its great to
see the increasing relationship between Americans and Russians.  I've been
to Russia (from Pittsburgh, USA) five times in the past three years.  If
anyone is interested in work with orphanages in the Vladimir area (about
150 miles east of Moscow) contact me.  We don't do adoptions.  We do work
to meet the spiritual, emotional, educational, and medical needs to the
kids who are in the 18 orphanages of the Vladimir region.  What precious
kids!  Nearly 10% of them will commit suicide after hitting the streets
(Russian government statistic).

Sender:  chatelaa@wharton.upenn.edu

I have a passion for all things Russian, particularly poetry and ballet.
My favorite period of history is the turn of the 19th-20th Century.  I am
so happy to find this site!

I hope to visit St. Petersburg someday.

Sender:  doma-becker@t-online.de

It is very interesting to see, how many people in the world have a good
feeling to international friendship, specially to Russia.  I know and like
the eastsibirian City of Irkutsk very much.  On this time I`m working as a
manager of a social project by the European Union between Pforzheim,
Germany and Irkutsk.  The subject is to create "foster families" instead
giving children in children-homes.  In these days we have 3 russian people
as guests here.  In august, 98 I`m travelling once more to Irkutsk.  If
anybody is interested to be in contact with me to develop social friendship
with Russia, send me your e-mail; I`m a social worker and 53 years old;
speaking very little russian, but german.  Cheers, Manfred

Sender:  arkamy@hotmail.com

Hello!  Hope everyone is doing well...I am looking for anyone from
Kyrgyzstan (Kyrges Republic) because I am going there in June with the
Peace Corps.  I am especially interested in finding out about daily
life,living conditions and food.  Please write me at my e-mail address and
I will get right back with you...Thank you!!!

Sender:  ggaulke@nutecnet.com.br

Dear Friends & Partners!  I look for interchange of correspondence (letters
or mails) with Eastern European for friendship and knowledge.  I write in
German, Portuguese, Spanish and English and wish to study the Russian
language.  I am a Brazilian man, 46 years old, married and I like to read
and write much letters.  Best wishes from Brazil, Guenther Gaulke
( ggaulke@nutecnet.com.br )

Sender:  ivan.ru@altavista.net

Hello from Russia!
Privet iz Moskvy!

I would like to present our new super-interesting web site devoted to
russian history.  It is called "The Unknown Pages of Russian History"

Here you can find a lot of rare books on history of Russia in XIX and XX
senturies.  All of these books were hidden for russian readers during the
Soviet period of Russian history.

So, visit our web site:
http://members.xoom.com/sunnick/rhistory/

Sender:  russia_citylink@yahoo.com

Students from Chita region of Russia (Eastern Siberia) would like to
correspond with people around the World.

If you are interested in Russia, its traditions and ways, if you would like
to know more about this country, write to us!

Learn more about the Siberian part of Russia where cultures from Europe and
Asia are living together.

Here is our
Web site with addresses:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5082/penpals.htm