Digest for February 24, 1998

01-24 February 98  Sender:  vlad.b@usa.net
                   Subject: from vladik

                   Subject: from Fukalov Daniil

                   Subject: from Gary David John Mason of London, England

                   Subject: from TANYA

                   Subject: from Fredrick

                   Subject: from Duwakin

                   Subject: from Richard H. White

                   Subject: from EUGENE

                   Subject: from Ken Hutson

                   Subject: from Bruce Jenkins

                   Subject: from Beverly

                   Subject: Hello from Wales

                   Subject: message to post

03-24 February 98  Sender:  visa@cityline.ru
                   Subject: looking for friends from America

04-24 February 98  Sender:  WarWWW@aol.com
                   Subject: WWII Maps

05-24 February 98  Sender:  WD Kerr (nstn0262@fox.nstn.ca)
                   Subject: Russian course book

06-24 February 98  Sender:  damaru@aha.ru
                   Subject: looking for translator

07-24 February 98  Sender:  "Daniel Spencer"
                            (D.Spencer1@student.derby.ac.uk)
                   Subject: (Fwd) Russian Literature

08-24 February 98  Sender:  "Demovidova, Anna" (ademo643@uwsp.edu)

09-24 February 98  Sender:  "St. Tikhon's Seminary Library 2"
                            (stoslib2@socantel.net)
                   Subject: friends from Republic of Georgia

10-24 February 98  Sender:  BRASC@aol.com
                   Subject: looking for Sasha Kuvshinova

11-24 February 98  Sender:  Palms and Company (russia@aa.net)
                   Subject: donations

12-24 February 98  Sender:  pmajum01@emerald.tufts.edu
                   Subject: from India, looking for Russian friend

13-24 February 98  Sender:  berhan@telecom.net.et (Berhan General Mercantile)
                   Subject: Lada Spare Parts

14-24 February 98  Sender:  Edith Nahapetyan (NAHAPETY@unhcr.ch)
                   Subject: from Armenia

15-24 February 98  Sender:  tlm@email.unc.edu
                   Subject: river guide looking for work in Russia

Sender:  vlad.b@usa.net

Hello everyone!I have sister of 9 years old who wants to find an enlish
speaking penpal to correspond through e-mail and by post.  if there is
enyone who wants to have a penpal in Ukraine, write me.  with best regards,
Vladik

Her name's Galya.

Sender:  dan@udmnet.ru

Hello everybody!

Great(est:) thanx for this page!  It's so wonderful idea.

And, of course, i would like to correspond with sombody, who likes this
world!

Some information about me: live in Izhevsk, Russia; study in UdSU and found
of ...  (list too long)

Sorry for my english :)

Be happy!

Sender:  smason01@globalnet.co.uk

Hello One & all,

Man`s biggest problem is and always has been his inabilty to communicaate,
It certainly is heart warming to see so many people trying to change that
sorry state of affairs!!!

I need help to:-
1, Pronounce the Cyrillic alphabet.

2, Find someone in or near Forest Hill, London who is willing to assist me
in my attempt to learn Russian, A.S.A.P.

3,To inform me of the most economical form of travel to Ekaterinburg...How
far from Moscow is it ?

4,My E-mail box is always open, If I can help you........

Meanwhile keep up the good work....Gary

Sender:  TANMIL@JUNO.COM

I AM 19, LIVE IN NEW YORK, RUSSIAN. IF YOU WANT TO FIND NEW FRIEND, LIKE I
DO, YOU CAN SEND E-MAIL. SO LONG, UNTIL I HEAR FROOM YOU.

Sender:  wouldbuchr@aol.com

Wonderfull site.  Only found it by accident.
I have geniology for several Volga-German Families.

I would love to travel to Voga River area to find roots if they still exist.

LOVE to all.

Sender:  alexduw@ihug.co.nz

My name is Alexei Duwakin and I live in New Zealand.  I would like to
communicate with anyone living in the Rostov or Novocherkassck region.

I speak a little Russian due to my parents, but I have never been to
Russia.

If anyone would like to contact me in New Zealand I will respond.

Thanking You

Sender:  richey@magicnet.net

Privet ez Floride.  I have been to Russia a few times and would like to
hear from Russians.  I can type and send messages in cyrillic (using
outlook 97) I learned Russian at the Army Lang.  school many years ago.  Ya
starek no lublu ballroom dancing!  dva raza v nyedylu computers jazz and
classical music.  I liked Nevsky Prospect,in St.P. and like Novgorod (
don't forget Arbatskaya in Moskva) Do Skorovo ot Richarda.

Sender:  EARL.E.LIETZ@TWVA.MED.NAVY.MIL

I have enjoyed this site but wish it were a bit quicker in the chat room.
I am an American living in Virginia and had the fine opportunity to visit
Russia, Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia last summer.  It was a wonderful
experience and I keep in contact with a couple of friends I made in Riga,
Latvia.  Does anyone have information on how teenage students could come to
the U.S. from Latvia on the student exchange program and what steps to
take.  Thank you and for all of you in Eastern Europe, I send you my best
and offer my friendship.  Just send a friendly hello and I will respond.
Eugene from Virginia..........

Sender:  kennethh@stic.net

Hello all.  Great site here.  I would like to get help with something.  I
am living in USA and have made contact with a wonderful woman in St.
Petersburg, Russia.  We would like to exchange email but her sister's
computer is not working correctly.  She would be lucky to know someone
nearby with a computer in their home to send and recieve email.  She lives
on Kosmonavtov Street.  Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance!

Sender:  bjenkins@wisg.com

Very interesting site.  I will return again.  My company is trying to do
more in Russia and the Newly Independent States.

See my Web Page at :  http://wisg.com

Keep up the good work !!
Bruce

Sender:  web7609@charweb.org

Hi, my name is Beverly I'm from the USA. I'm looking for some friends from
other countries to enjoy.  Please write me and will respond promptly.  I
think meeting new p[eople is trhe way to go!!  hope to chat with you real
soon!!  Bye Now.

Sender:  "Daf" (daf@meirionnydd.force9.co.uk)

I hope I am beginning to understand how this page works. I think it looks
most promising. So I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Daphne [Daf for short] and I live in an old farmhouse in North
Wales. I teach Russian by post in a very small way. In theory I am retired
but need to earn some money and anyway I think I am addicted both to
teaching and to the Russian language.

As relaxation I have assorted pets - two sheepdogs, two sheep, one cat and
assorted ducks. I also paint when I have time, and translate.

I'd be delighted to hear from more prospective friends in Russia [or
elsewhere with shared interests].

Daf [web page   meirionnydd.force9.co.uk]

Sender:  "Dmitry Zverev" (dzverev@aha.ru)

SEEKING  COORDINATOR OF MANGEMET TRAINING PROGRAM, RUSSIA

Newly established by a number of sponsors Management Training Center is
seeking applications from U.S. citizens to coordinate the Management
Training program in Moscow.  The program, which began operations in Fall
1997, is run in partnership with the distinguished Russian pharmaceutical
company - Protek.

The mission of the Management Training Program is to educate young talented
individuals in the sphere of business and commerce on the principles of MBA
program, similar to the programs of US business schools.

Required person will be responsible for advising the administration on the
design and execution of a management training program intended annually to
provide intensive management skills training.

He/She will consult us on issues which include:

* Developing American - style curricula.
* Identification and prioritization of needed skills;
* Selection of methods of training for each identified skill set;
* Evaluation of training programs;
* Overseeing and mentoring Russian teaching staff;
* Directing student selection processes
* Management of the growing research program;

Other  responsibilities  include strategic planning  for  program
development,  working with the Russian faculty to promote awareness of
Management Training Center program both within  Russia and abroad.

Qualifications:
A qualified candidate may have developed a training program or supervised
large scale training operations for post-graduate students.

He/she must be familiar with training programs in America and have in-depth
 knowledge of training resources.

Candidates for the position will need both substantial academic
qualifications and a strong  background and  interest  in Russia.
The position is  based  in Moscow.

To be considered for this position, the successful candidate must at a
minimum possess a MBA in Economics, and a record of excellence in teaching
and research.
Strong leadership skills and success in team building  are desirable;
Russian language skills are preferred.

To Apply:
The  application  procedures are not so very formal, we  have  no
application forms. We do, however, require the following:

*  a  full CV, including work experience; educational  qualifications;
executive development, consulting,  research   and/or   administrative
experience; and teaching areas;
*  a  statement of preferences: length of appointment, start  and   end
dates,  courses  to be taught or supervised.

The  conditions of employment are a salary of between $1,500  and $2,000  a
month, tax-free, commensurate with  qualifications  and experience,  as
well as fully furnished accommodation and  return  airfare from/to your
home base.

Period of appointment is minimum two month, preferably four.
This is an exciting and challenging project, working with a group of  very
motivated individuals who are dedicated to the  idea  of setting up the
Business School in Russia. It is a capacity  building,
institutional-strengthening project, with a  heavy focus  on  skills  and
process transfer.

Thanks for your interest,
    Dmitry Zverev
Head of Training Department
"Protek" company
tel/fax: 7-095-113-1888
e-mail: dzverev@aha.ru

Sender:  visa@cityline.ru

to me was interesting
for finding the friends from America on correspondence. Interestingly to
learn(find out) about life in America write I shall answer to all

Sender:  WarWWW@aol.com

To whom it may concern:

    I have been looking for some Russian WWII maps and can't seem to find very
much. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You
-Ray Ardry

Sender:  WD Kerr (nstn0262@fox.nstn.ca)

Zdravstvuite!
I would like to repeat my request for information, first posted late last
year, which was answered by several readers but hasn't resulted in locating
this book.

++

Could anyone assist me with information about a Russian language course
book, recently published in the USA (I believe in late 1996 or early 1997,
possibly by one of the university presses - Baltimore??)  called "Mir
Russkikh" (exact English title not known, possibly "The Russians' World" or
"The World of the Russians").  The only other information I have is that
one of the authors is T. Stramnova.

Thanks for any information.
Zaranee blagodarju

Regards,