Digest for February 16, 1998

01-16 February 98  Sender:  com@blueplanetc.com
                   Subject: from Franois Picamoles-Laval

                   Subject: from Derek Watson

                   Subject: from Roger Ludeman

                   Subject: from Inger-Johanne

                   Subject: from Stas

                   Subject: from Antti Hartikainen

                   Subject: from Eugene Berkoff

                   Subject: from Jodi Beznoska

                   Subject: from Sergey Kalinin

                   Subject: from Vadim Solomko

                   Subject: from Lou Graham

                   Subject: from Dave Triffo

                   Subject: Positions at the Center for Nonproliferation

                   Subject: internet access in moscow

                   Subject: .

                   Subject: To whom it may concern

                   Subject: Help

                   Subject: Goths!!!

                   Subject: Welcome to Archeological Club!

                   Subject: 1998 Heldt Prize Announcement

                   Subject: SCIENTIST: Russian Science Broadcasts

                   Subject: Anthem

                   Subject:  festivals

                   Subject: Hello

                   Subject: Army

                   Subject: E-mail addresses for friends in the Ukraine

                   Subject: nadezhdinskaia street?

                   Subject: looking for correspondence

                   Subject: Need contact number

                   Subject: Marina Tsvetaeva's page

                   Subject: SCIENTIST: International Science Centers

20-16 February 98  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
                   Subject: TryzubSite: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview

21-16 February 98  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
                   Subject: TryzubSite:  Activities of the United States
                            Peace Corps

Sender:  com@blueplanetc.com

Good day to all crazy people plugged in.I am French , living in Spain since
thirty years, I am now 58 and involved in the leather trade.  Some years
ago I read the biography of Armand Hammer.You know who he is ???.  No!  so
you should read that book.  This fantastic person died two years ago ,if I
am not wrong ,at the age of 90.  He was a Russian Jew who left Russia with
is family to move to America when he was still a child.  Then he returned
to Russia when he was only twenty and made huge business with all
successive governements, excluding Staline.He became a millionaire with
petrol business and he once said " Friendship between different peoples
will come with open free trade and communications worldwide and this will
bring peace to this world ".  I do share that feeling .  I personnally
visited over 75 countries and I am proud to say I have friends all over the
world.Best regards to every body .I was very happy indeed to find your Web
and read some lovely messages.  " Frank "

Sender:  djfwat@netcomuk.co.uk

My Cousin who stays in USA wants penfriends from
Ukraine.

Anyone interested email her at: savagegirl98@hotmail.com

Thanks
Derek
djfwat@netcomuk.co.uk

Sender:  ludemanr@uwwvax.uww.edu

Greetings to our friends in Russia and other countries.  I work in higher
education in the U.S., specifically at the University of
Wisconsin-Whitewater.  I am the Assistant Chancellor for Student Affairs, a
position that concerns itself with all services and special programs for
our university students, primarily outside the classaroom.  So, my staff
and I are involved in providing housing, food service, counseling, child
care, campus activites, cultural affairs, financial aid, career services
(job placement and health services,counseling), student jobs, recreation
sports, and services for adult students and disabled students.  We have
about 11,000 students and I have a staff of about 190 working in the
aforementioned areas.

I am working on a book chapter that will provide information and resources
on the delivery of student services in countries outside the United States.
Are there any organizations or associations in Russia or the NIS that focus
mainly on student services for university students?  Are there unions of
students?  If any of you have information about such groups, please let me
know.

I am also a member of the International Network of the National Association
of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) in the U.S. We are developing
exchange relationships with other countries and are interested in Eastern
Europe and Asia as well.  I have contacts in Slovenia, Hungary, and Russia,
but that is about it.  No exchanges in these areas, however.  What we like
to do is take a team of 5 or 6 student services professionals to another
country for 7-10 days to find out what the issues are in dealing with
students and how student services are delivered.  Then we host a similar
team from the partner country in the United States.  If any of this
information peaks your curiosity, or your interest, please feel free to
contact me at the email address of this message.  Thank you.

Sender:  ingerjm@helene.uio.no

Wow!! I like this page.

I'm from Norway.  Now I study Russian at the University of Oslo.  I love
Belarus!!  I've been there 6 times and once in St.Peterburg in Russia.  I
like to write to Belarussians.  If You write me something, I'll be happy!

Sender:  S.Ensar@bfc.spb.ru

Hello, my name is Stas.I am 25 years old, Russian, living in St.Petersburg
(Russia).I am a Barrister.I've just started to learn English and I would
like to communicate with somebody in English.Thank you.  Goodbye.

Sender:  tiitu@sci.fi

Hi

I was just curious to see what is F&P because there is a group from USA
coming to Heinola, Finland in April.  We will have one guest to our family
for one week.  If Bruce Marlowe reads this I want to welcome him to our
home!

After that week in Heinola the group will go to Petroskoi, Russia and some
teachers from here (me as one) will join them.

I wish all the luck to F&P.
Looking forward to meet your group
Antti Hartikainen
18100 Heinola
Finland
tiitu@sci.fi

Sender:  eberkoff@gj.net

Greetings from Colorado (usa).  I am older male of Russian descent
and I visit thhis site, the guestbook frequently.  I am always looking
 to meet people from Russia/Ukraine. I know Russian and can read
Russian script (Cyrillic).  I would be glad to correspond with anyone.

Sender:  jgbeznos@colby.edu

This is a great site and a great idea!  I hope that you'll have
more links soon for jobs, as I'm a graduating senior
and I need to figure out what I'm doing!  Speaking of which,
if anyone knows any sources for jobs relating to Eastern Europe,
let me know! Thanks for the site, and I look forward to seeing more.

Sender:  Sergo@krsk.ru

Hi !

If You like russian author's (bard's) song - welcome to my site.
It's more than 5500 texts about 200 authors.

Russian codepage :
http://www-win.ksp.krsk.ru - WIN
http://www-koi.ksp.krsk.ru - KOI
http://www-trn.ksp.krsk.ru - Translit
http://www-dos.ksp.krsk.ru - DOS
http://www-iso.ksp.krsk.ru - ISO
http://www-mac.ksp.krsk.ru - MAC

Sergo

Sender:  solomko@hempseed.com

Hello All!
My name is Vadim (Vadik for short).
I start to study English.
I want have friends from english-speaking country.
About me: I'm 27 year old . I am a physicist.
I live in Uzbekistan.
      Bye...
P.S.
My homepage is http://people.weekend.ru/s_vadim

Sender:  Lou747@aol.com

If Igor Chugai, professor at Sochi State University; Victoria Morosov,Mike
Sharov, Valintina or Constantine Popov, Olga Paraskeva all of Krasnodar; or
Tatyana Eudokimova of St.  Petersburg have access to internet I would like
to hear from you.  I'm planning a trip to Russia in October

Sender:  triffo@geocities.com

I would like to correspond with persons in western Ukraine.  I am
researching family roots in Tereblestie and would really appreciate some
help and new friends.  My homepage is http://www.geocities.com/~triffo/
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sender:  jlepingwell@miis.edu (John Lepingwell)
Subject: Positions at the Center for Nonproliferation Studies, Monter

The Newly Independent States Nonproliferation Project (NISNP) of the Center
for Nonproliferation Studies has a number of positions open for experts in
proliferation and the NIS region.  NISNP is a unique project engaged in
cooperative research and community-building projects throughout the former
Soviet Union, with the goal of preventing the proliferation of weapons of
mass destruction.  NISNP also maintains an extensive database on the
nuclear infrastructure and policies of the NIS region.  We are currently
accepting applications for two Senior Research Associates, NISNP
Administrator, and NISNP Director.  The Center for Nonproliferation Studies
is the largest nongovernmental organization devoted to research and
training in nonproliferation, and is a research center of the Monterey
Institute of International Studies.  The Center also has new positions open
in several fields, including for computer, network, and website support.
For more information on these positions, please see our website at
http://cns.miis.edu or email John Lepingwell at JLepingwell@miis.edu.

Sender:  Lacinda S Anderson (lacinda@U.Arizona.EDU)

About internet access--I was just in Moscow a few months back and I think
that the best place to set up an internet account is at Alpha Graphics on
Leningradsky Prospect.  I think you can walk there from the Dinamo Metro
station.  Go to the Matrix side of the store(alpha graphics).  You can set
up an account and access it through their computers or your own, and they
have the software for MAC or PC. The prices are very reasonable.  I think
like $20.set up and $18/month.  not bad.  Also there are quite a few
internet cafes popping up around Moscow, where one can access the internet.
good luck

Sender:  Nancy Sears (sears@acpub.duke.edu)

I am trying to find out if there are any Russian group/organizations in
North Carolina.  Do you have any information on this or do you know
anyone who might?

Thank you for your assistance!

Ellen Graves
E-mail: sears@acpub.duke.edu

Sender:  Kyle Lawrence (klawren@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu)

Hello.  My name is Kyle Lawrence and I am a student at Tulane University
in New Orleans.  For my politics class, I am working on a project in
which I am required to discuss the division of resources (defense)
between Russia and the other former Soviet Republics.  Any information
or assistance which you could maybe provide would be most beneficial and
appreciated.  Thank you for your time.
Kyle Lawrence

Sender:  "Norman C. McIntosh" (normmcintosh@yak-attack.com)

1. I am planning a trip to St Petersburg Russia for this Summer (98) and
have been unable to find a map of the city with sufficient detail.  I
have addresses of some college friends residing in Russia and would like
to be able to locate their residences on a map.  Does such a map exist?
If so from where?

2. Cann you reccommend a turn key home study course for Russian
language. ( Spoken and Reading  )

Best wishes
Norm

Sender:  Serge (lena@wvb.gomel.by)

My name is Belevets Vadim. I live in Belarus ,in  Minsk. I am a
post-graduate student of the Institute of History of the National Academy
of Sciences. I am an archeologist. I study the monuments of Velbar  Culture
on the territory of Belarus. There is nothing to boast of yet but I would
like to share with information about my investigations in this field. I
would be much appreciated if I had the opportunity to know about programs
on Goths History and Archeology of my colleagues.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Belevets  Vadim
e-mail: Lena@wvb.gomel.by

Sender:  Serge (lena@wvb.gomel.by)

The club of Archeological Culture was founded in 1994.,in Belarus. The
members of this club are the archeologists and amateurs .
The main goals are as follows:
* Weekly seminars on Archeology.
* The coordination of voluntary archeological movement.
* The support of friendly and business relations with the students
-archeologists from other countries.
* The celebration of holidays according to archeological calendar.

We invite all people interested in Archeology to cooperation! We invite and
unite all volunteers for archeological excavations-June-September 1998. If
you'd like to have a rest from civilization and to sink in century's dust,
take your chance and send your applications till April, 1998. The life
conditions are comparable to protohistoric. Work duration is 5 hours a day
plus cultural program.
                                       Welcome!
Our address: Belarus, Minsk, 220000, Karl Marks Street 12, National Museum,
Club of Archeological Culture.
e-mail: lena@wvb.gomel.by