Digest for 98-01-20

Digest for January 20, 1998

01-20 January 98  Sender:  tallulah@mindspring.com
                  Subject: from Skip Evans

                  Subject: from Jennifer

                  Subject: from Kate Pennington

                  Subject: from David Kilwien

                  Subject: from Darren E. Hynes

                  Subject: from Marc Krizack

                  Subject: from Asya Lapshin

                  Subject: from DAVID sOULE

                  Subject: from Ron Brosmer

                  Subject: from Dima

                  Subject: Time for Tourist Visa to US

                  Subject: ways of life

                  Subject: Travel by small plane

                  Subject: Russian Videos

                  Subject: A QUESTION ABOUT RUSSIA

                  Subject: finding my father

                  Subject: The International Discussion Club (IDC) WWW site

                  Subject: Help to Chile

                  Subject: Summer Graduate Internships at Ernst&Young (CIS)

                  Subject: Soros Supplementary Grants Program 1998-99

                  Subject: KPMG Consulting Internship Opportunities for

                  Subject: On-line Partners for Eastern Europe

13-20 January 98  Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (puersuen@stud.uni-frankfurt.de)
                  Subject: Ukraine

14-20 January 98  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
                  Subject: An Important Announcement from the Ukrainian
                           National Association

Sender:  tallulah@mindspring.com

DO YOU LIVE IN A CITY OF THE FORMER USSR?

If you do, I'd like to invite you to contribute to a new section of web
pages on the Friends and Partners site called "Our Towns".

You can send me pictures of your city and text telling anything at all you
want to say about where you live, and I'll post them on web pages for you.
Remember, photos can be of anything at all around your city, and you can
talk about any subject you like.  I'll handle the scanning of the photos
and the creation of the web pages.

Having finally visited Russia for the first time this past summer I learned
what beautiful cities so many places around the xUSSR are, and would love
to help the rest of us in the west appreciate these wonderful places.

If you'd like to participate in "Our Towns" send me a message and lets show
the world what great places we all come from.

For a sample of the pages I created on my trip to Russia, visit "My Russian
Adventure":

http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/skipevans/atl/russia/

Hope to hear from you soon!

Skip Evans,
Atlanta USA

Sender:  Chopin24@aoo.com

Hi everyone!  My name is Jennifer and I live in New Mexico.  I think this
is a wonderful site, and I have aquired about 10 Russian pen pals because
of it.  But I don't want to stop at ten!  ANYONE Russian or not that wants
a pen pal please e-mail me.  I plan to be a symphony conductor someday, but
I also love reading and Chess (GO Bobby Fischer!)  Hope to hear from you
soon!  Jen

Sender:  R.Driver@mcmail.com

Hi!  I'm a 14 year old girl from England.  I'm just browsing for new pals
on the net from any where in the world!  Drop us a line if you see this.

Sender:  netman@techline.com

Hello,
Members of My family & I are doing geneological
research of our ancestors, who were germans, migrating
to Russia in the early 1800's, then coming to the U.S
around 1897-1900. Our family surnames include
Kilwein, Kilwein, Kuhlwein, Kuntz, Wilhelm, Ruff,
Ruf, Dukart, Daum
Any one with information to share please e-mail
netman@techline.com

Sender:  hyned000@unbc.ca

I am a third year student at the University of Northern British Columbia in
Canada studying Russian language, politics, culture and whatnot.  If there
is anybody who may want to chat about Russian-US foreignpolicy towards each
other I would be than happy to discuss/debate with you.  My major term
paper surrounds foign policy, which I must come up with my own version of a
Ruissian foreign policy towards the US. Anyways, I love this website, keep
the good work up.

Sender:  krizack@sfsu.edu

I live in Berkeley, California and support an organization of people with
disabilities in Novosibirsk called the Novosibirsk Regional Center for
Independent Living "FINIST".  I have visited Novosibirsk 11 times since
1993, at all times of the year.  If you are going to Novosibirsk for the
first time and have some questions about Novosibirsk, or if you would like
to find a way you could support this great group of people, drop me an
email.

Sender:  lapshin@idirect.com

Dear friends!  Best regards from Toronto (Canada).  We are registered
consulting firm dealing with immigration to Canada.  Those of you who are
interested to come to Canada as permanent residents please contact any
time.  Tel.: (416) 635-5909 Fax: (416) 635-5855

Sender:  GERMANWINELOVER@PRODIGY.NET

Hi, i'm from USA looking for someone who knows about the Ukrainian
Migration during World War 2.  write before Feb.  5.  thanx

Sender:  ronald.l.brosmer@boeing.com

Hello.  Anyone out there living in or near the town of Mirny, Russia in the
Archangelsk region?  I visited your fine town during a business trip in
September 1997.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and I am loking forward to
returning soon.  How is the Winter weather in Mirny now?  Do you have much
snow now?

Sender:  dima_halpern@hotmail.com

Privet vsem.  mna zovut Dima.  mne 25 let, i ja givu v izraile.  uchus na 3
kurse tel-aviv'skogo universiteta po specialnosti elektronika.  v israile
givu okolo 7 let.  ochen hochu obshatsa s kem nibud , komu blizka
elektronika, da i prosto tak, skem nibud.  nadeus na otvet.

Sender:  Steve Streeter (sstreet@netfxcorp.com)

Hello Friends.
First off - I want to say that this is a great idea for a newsgroup.
Glad to be a part of it. I hope to learn alot....and maybe help others
along the way.

My friend, from Ekaterinburg, Russia want to come to visit me in
Chicago. I have been hearing that that is not always easy...she has
never been out of Russia and I could go there...but she really want to
come here to visit first. Does anyone know the proceedure for Russian
Tourist visitation and the time allowed???? Also....can it be extended
slightly under any circumstances??? I was hoping she could stay for 3-4
weeks....if possible. Any ideas or similar situations? Tips??
I want to return travel to Ekaterinburg later -- but we both have agreed
that it would be more cost effective for her to come here first. Funny
that Irina would bring up the "cost saving" idea to me.....very
thoughtful indeed!

Thanks to all.

Steve Streeter
sstreet@netfxcorp.com