Digest for 98-01-16

Digest for January 16, 1998

01-16 January 98  Sender:  bmacneil@mnsi.net
                  Subject: from Bill Mac Neil

                  Subject: from Masha Hvostova :-)

                  Subject: from holly cooper

                  Subject: from Gennadi,  Melbourne, Australia

                  Subject: from Stacy Stanley

                  Subject: from Vitaliy

                  Subject: from Arturas

                  Subject: Moving to Russia

                  Subject: baby names

                  Subject: WORLD PEACE & EARTH PRESENCE

                  Subject: Capitol

                  Subject: Please Help!

                  Subject: festivals

                  Subject: Russian Trade Publication

                  Subject: Black Sea University Foundation

                  Subject: A bit about me.

                  Subject: Job of a translator

                  Subject: chance to advertise to potential interns

                  Subject: Edmund S. Muskie and Freedom Support Act Graduate

                  Subject: Freedom Support Act Undergraduate Program

                  Subject: NIS Research and Training Program on Eastern Europe

                  Subject: TryzubSite - The complete YEAR END issue of

17-16 January 98  Sender:  "Serguei A. Oushakine" (G96ous72@sirius.ceu.hu)
                  Subject: The Rotary Foundation 1999-2000 Ambassadorial
                           Scholarships

18-16 January 98  Sender:  "Serguei A. Oushakine" (G96ous72@sirius.ceu.hu)
                  Subject: The Open Society Archives research grants

Sender:  bmacneil@mnsi.net

Hello everyone!

I have met a new friend in Russia over the internet.But, she does not speak
English, and I do not speak Russian.  Is there a program out there
somewhere that can translate incoming mail & messages?From Russian to
english.  And also outgoing messages from English to Russian?  Maybe I will
find such a progam some day.

   See Ya,
    Bill

Sender:  russianl@aol.com

Privet Yaroslavl, Russia!!!!!

I wish to converse with Russian who live in Yaroslavl.  I lived there in
1994 for 1 year.  I would like a pen-pal from this region.  I married a
Russian from Yaroslavl and now have a daughter named Katya (Katushingka) We
now live in St.  Catharines,ON, Canada.  So I would love to hear from you
soon!  ...Dusvedonya,..Masha ;-)

Sender:  itsahoax@topend.com.au

hello im 15/f and lookig for someone to talk to any interests i dont care
opnly write if your 14-17 i live in australia

Sender:  Russlink@Majestic.net.au

I am accountant, 5 years in Australia and remain interested in Moscow and
Financial development in Russia.  It seems to me your investment market has
grown significantly for the last year.  I want to establish contacts with
persons who are proficient in that area to hear their opinion..  And we
could find some ground for cooperation.  Thank you.

Sender:  stacy@imag.net

Hi
I was suffing the web and stumbled upon this site.  I love to write to
people from all around the world if you wish, please e-mail me.  This is a
great site.  Thanks.

Sender:  riak@chat.ru

Privet!!!
Meny zovut Vitaliy!
I like skydive!
Welcome to http://www.homepage.techno.ru/riak
Zahodite!!!

Sender:  saule@tdd.lt

                Privet vsem,
   Menia zovut Arturas, mne 22 goda. Ucus v
istoriceskom fakultete Vilniuskogo universiteta.
Necaino zaglianul v etu stranicu, i esli uz tak,
to davaite pisite ( i ne tolkio ob istorii ).
                            Poka .

Sender:  "Angie Theis" (angie@itis.com)

I am thinking about moving to Russia for at least a one year commitment. My
concern is that I have a seven year old son and I am not sure what it is
like to raise a child on my own in a different country, and what resources
would be available to me there. I have heard both positive and negative
aspects about bringing him with me. He has travelled internationally before
and did very well, but it was only for two weeks. If anyone has brought
young children to Russia and may be able to give me advice, please contact
me.

Thank You!

Angie

Sender:  nancy@mtb.phil.mop.com (Nancy Tyminski)

Does anyone have a list of russian baby names (boys & girls) that
they would forward me or let me know where I can obtain them?
Thank you.

nancy@mop.com

Sender:  "gary clark" (garyclark@hotmail.com)

   From the island of Clearwater Beach, Florida, USA, on the Gulf of
Mexico.

My name is Gary Clark.  I live next to a five-mile beach of sugar-white
sand.   The ocean shimmers in sunlight, with endless waves that shssss
along the shore.  The sky is a canvas of spectacular cloudforms.  Each
day is a miracle.  Every night the wind offers another message.  I have
been  listening.   I am a poet fascinated by the Earth.  I am especially
interested in world peace, communication among  people, & helping others
develop artistic sensitivities.   I also  enjoy creating art & music &
emailing worldwide.  Hope to hear from you.  Good Cheer for the New
Year!
Gary Clark
garyclark@hotmail.com

Sender:  Sue Longtin (slong@keynet.net)

I am hopeful that you can answer my question. Here in the United States we
have the Capitol Building where our government leaders sit. Can you tell me
the name of the capitol building in Belarus? Thank you and have a very
Happy New Year! Sue

Sender:  Tennis4EC (Tennis4EC@aol.com)

Hi~

I am a student writing for a research project and I need to know what the
helth conditions were like under the OLD Soviet Health Care System?!?!

PLease respond as soon as possiable, Thanks ALOT!!

Sender: Sergei Stepanov (school50@tversu.ac.ru)

Dear Friends,
My name is Sergei Stepanov. I am the director of a small Film School,
which includes a group of video-makers and a comic-mime-group (age
13-15 years old).
With our videos (silent comedies) we took part in international
student's film festivals in Italy, Spain, Germany. In 1994 we won
Super-Prize of a popular program of Russian Television "Sam sebe
rezhisser" (Home videos).
We would like to take part in international festivals in the USA:
1)A festival of student's videos,
2)A student's theater (or clown) fesival.
If you have an information about such festivals, please send it us
by E-mail  kino@sch50.tmts.tver.su  or to address:
Russia, 170003, Tver, Lunacharskogo, 12-56.
Fax  7-0822-570000 (for S.Stepanov, tel.559060).
Tel. (home) 7-0822-559060 .
Thank you in advance.
With best wishes,
Sergei Stepanov,
member of "Tver-Buffalo, NY Sister Cities" organisation.