Digest for 98-01-07

Digest for January 07, 1998

Dear friends,

We want to wish a very Merry Christmas to Orthodox Christians who are
celebrating Christmas today (January 7).  To learn more about the
celebration of Orthodox Christmas in Russia, please visit Ellee Margileth's
new page on the subject at:

  http://www.friends-partners.org/friends/life/life_in_russia/rus.xmas.html

A nice, brief introduction to the celebration of Christmas is found at

  http://www.sky.net/~eric/t/xmas.htm

where Alex Kondur answers a 7 year old boys' questions about the Russian
Christmas.

Our many thanks to Ellee for sharing her research.  In addition to the
links about Christmas, she has added a number of interesting links about
the Russian Orthodox Church.

Merry Christmas!

01-07 January 98  Sender:  g.comly@alice.bmts.com