Digest for 97-01-05

Digest for January 05, 1998

01-05 January 98  Sender:  david@belarus-online.com
                  Subject: from David Stickney

                  Subject: from Katya

                  Subject: from Syomin Kostya

                  Subject: from Alex

                  Subject: from Jan Clack

                  Subject: from Kenneth Pabo

                  Subject: from Isabelle

                  Subject: from Andrea Schuessler

                  Subject: from Xenia Maximovna Melnik

                  Subject: from Stephane Clement

                  Subject: from Nils Malmros

                  Subject: from Magdy Khal

                  Subject: from MAURO BY ROME

                  Subject: from Lynda Poirier

                  Subject: from rick martin

                  Subject: from Joseph Erian

                  Subject: from Richard Dana

                  Subject: from Michael Lee

                  Subject: from rbc

                  Subject: Tetiev/Tetiiv Help

02-05 January 98  Sender:  "chcloux" (chcloux@vtx.ch)
                  Subject: Russians, help me discover you and your country

03-05 January 98  Sender:  "Harrie de Reus" (hc.de.reus@thu-k.nl)
                  Subject: looking for some 'old' friends

04-05 January 98  Sender:  commdoor@netdor.com
                  Subject: Russian way of life

05-05 January 98  Sender:  Peter Sekirin (psekirin@chass.utoronto.ca)
                  Subject: Two new works by two world's best novelists
                           Tolstoy and Dostoevsky: reviewers wanted

06-05 January 98  Sender:  mac@MAINE.MAINE.EDU
                  Subject: Soros Supplementary Grants Program, 1998-99
                           (from CIVILSOC)

07-05 January 98  Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (puersuen@stud.uni-frankfurt.de)
                  Subject: New Crimea Page

08-05 January 98  Sender:  Alexis Perrier (aperrier@rocketmail.com)
                  Subject: Renault Moskvitch Info Req

09-05 January 98  Sender:  pkinhan@tsidss.com
                  Subject: getting a job in Russia

10-05 January 98  Sender:  "Sergey Streltsov" (stgeorge@cityline.ru)
                  Subject: STGEORGE: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 1998 still now

11-05 January 98  Sender:  "Sergey Streltsov" (stgeorge@cityline.ru)
                  Subject: STGEORGE: Recommendations of Russian Academy of
                           Science

12-05 January 98  Sender:  Azeri (Azeri@aol.com)
                  Subject: Book:Azerbaijani history

13-05 January 98  Sender:  Rostyslav (poctuk@top.net)
                  Subject: Parcels to Russia

14-05 January 98  Sender:  "gary clark" (garyclark@hotmail.com)
                  Subject: HAPPY NEW YEAR

Sender:  david@belarus-online.com

Dear Friends and Partners,

I am seeking individuals, organizations, sponsors and partners for
participation an Internet Development Project in Gomel Belarus.

What Better place to seek them than Friends and Partners.

I'm working on the development of a project that will allow free or low
cost public access to NGOs and private parties.  A center with public
access workstations is planned as a key aspect, as is free access points
for email.

I am also interested in source of modems that could be given away to target
users of the network or would be interested in supporting a project that
would involve this aspect.

Organizations working with NGO development that might like to replicate
their projects in new partnerships have a great opportunity to work with
qualified partners in the FSU.

Please contact me by email

david@belarus-online.com

Best, David Stickney IAEWP U.N. International Liaison

---

P.O. Box 97
16 Krystyanskaya #105
Gomel 246050
Belarus
(375) (232) 53-44-03

Http://www.Belarus-Online.com/
FIDO: david@p24.f17.n452.z2.fidonet.org

Sender:  katrinat@az.com

Hello everyone.  I am looking for people to send me their favorite
childhood stories and fairy tales so I can add them to my web page.  My
plan is to make a page of stories from Russia and other places in Eastern
Europe.  I was born in the former Yugoslavia and have lived in America much
of my life.  Come visit my page to see how your story or stories would fit
into the new addition I am planning.  My reason for this is because my
father was Russian and since I was a child when he died, all I remember
were small pieces of stories he used to tell me.  It would be nice to read
them again and just remember him that way.

http://www.az.com/~katrinat

Sender:  2480@dialup.mplik.ru

Hi!  I'm here again.  Anyone wants to correspond?  I am student of the
journalism faculty of the Ural State University (Yekaterinburg) Alternative
and breakbeat are my favourite styles of muzic.  I also like to read, to
draw and to play my Fender Strat in my band.  Hey!!!!  Be so kind as to
write me back...

Yours sincerely....
Kostya

Sender:  alex@itc.tsu.ru
Subject: from

Hi, friends !!!!!!!!!!
I`m 22
Let`s have connect !!!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I`m from Siberia, Tomsk
This year I finished Tomsk State University,
Economic fackulty.
Happy New Year  !!!!!!

Sender:  bclack@ro.com

This is a great find on the net.  Unfortunately I was unable to locate any
information on the towns in the Lviv region called Radehiv or Rozdzhaliv.
I am trying to find family in these areas.  If you have any suggestions on
who to contact for help, please e-mail me.  Thanks for the great site!

Sender:  eldreg@mscomm.com

I am very interested in locating some of my ancestors in the St.Petersburg
area.  When my Grandfather came to this country, he changed his name from
Pabov to Pabo.  It is my desire to visit Russia some day, in the pursuit of
my family history.  Please contact me if you have any helpful information.

Sender:  Izabelica@hotmail.com

Great site.  I 'm a young journalist living in Paris and I'm very
interested in the former USSR. I would especially like to hear from people
from Uzbekistan or keen on that country and its magnificente history.  My
main interests : travelling, literature, arts, politics ...etc...

Sender:  jkernstock@aol.com

Hi to everybody!  I'm a 18 year old German exchange student in the USA.
I've also been in Russia (Moscow, Jaroslawl, Kastroma and several little
villages in the countryside).  I've been nothing but impressed be the
friendliness of the Russian people.  I truly believe in creating a better
and more peaceful world by a lot of communications between the people.
That's also the reason why I came here to the USA for one year.  Da
swidanja!

Sender:  X4UMAN@aol.com

I am very interested in visiting Russia,locating my parents
families/relatives,tracing our genealogy.  I would like to give back to
Russia, what Russia gave to the U.S.=)

Sender:  clemag@microtec.net

I every one.I'm canadian 34 years old , male .Just surfing on the net and
find you.  I have a friend ( girl ) who's from Ossetie Russia ( Caucase )
She is studying in Quebec city Canada and she make me discover how great
the russian language is .  I wich I could learn it !  Any help would be
great !!!

Love you all !

Stephane

Sender:  Malmros_jr@hotmail.com

Hi I am a medical student fron Denmark I would like to get a penfriend from
Siberia Age 19-27.  Unfortunate- ly I still know too litle russian to
corrospond, but you may write me in english or german.

Sender:  mk1062@info-internet.net
Hi, every body

I am thinking about to visit Russia the next summer and I would like to
corresspond some people from petersburg.  I am from Montreal, Ca.  I am 35
y.o I am waiting for your first reply.

Sender:  shamrock@flashnet.it

I'm 34, and have about 15 years working experience.  I like Kiev so much as
Rome.  If somebody from this wonderful city has some serious interesting
idea to connect these two old beautiful city and make of it a form of
enjoying job and friendship, I'll be very very happy to hear something
about and help this project.  You can write me in English, German or
Italian.  My best greetings.

Sender:  lylis@netrover.com

Hello, I am looking for some friends in Russia.  I would like to know
everything about this mysterious country because, one day, I want to go
there.

Bye!!

Sender:  rick@li.com

DLI Grads.

Looking to get in touch with DLI grads from Foxtrot Company, "Cunning
Linquists", especially those who attended in 1990-91.

Would like to find out what everyone has done since DLI. And I'd really
like to get in touch with some of my friends with whom I've lost touch.

Thanks, Rick Martin

Sender:  erianyou@wnet1.worldnet.com.eg

Hi Everybody , I am a 21-year old medical student , I feel that I have a
lot of love to all the people of different ages , races , occupations , I
would be very happy to contact any one .

Sender:  rdana@ucsd.edu

Greetings from California.

I am the Director of the Committee for World Health

www.wrldhlth.org

I send Holiday Greetings to all of you at the
Institutes in your beautiful city.

Healthy Holidays

Richard Dana

Sender:  intntl@lasercom.net

Dear Peter Lee,

I need you to contact me in America.  I need to ask if you may be
interested to do business with me soon.  I am unable to locate your E-mail
address.  Please E-mail me when you can.  I wanting to do set up business
with you soon.  Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Michael Lee

Sender:  rbc@msn.com

Largest russian music and video collection in US
 http://www.brainlink.com/~rbc/

Sender:  GNixon%GWMHS.CADEPTED@smtp.cde.ca.gov

Greetings!

For those that have followed along over the months, I am still trying to
find my friend Mitka's family.

I am currently hoping to find someone who was in Tetiiv between 1932 and
1939.  They may have known Mitka or his family.  In particular, I would
hope to find someone that knew Colonel Wladyslaw Kalinski, of the Polish
Army, and/or his family.

Thank you, as always, for your help.

Here is my warmest wish for a wonderful, prosperous, 1998!

Please reply to: gnixon@quiknet.com

Gary Nixon

Sender:  "chcloux" (chcloux@vtx.ch)

Hello,
First of all, I want to thank my Russian friends, if they happen to take
a look at this list, too. THANK YOU!

Though, I'm looking for more people who would tell me about Russia and
her traditions,, culture, people, etc. I do not care whether your
English is good or not, anyway it is not my mother tongue either! I am a
Swiss student. I'll graduate in 1999 and after that I entend to write a
dissertation and to learn Russian. But I am very impatient and can't
wait till then, so I do whatever I can to gather knowledge about Russia,
actually especially about Russians, because what I find most interesting
in a country is its people, its inhabitants.

By the way, if some of you are more fluent in another language, you can
write in German, in French or in Italian. I'm so sorry I can't yet speak
a single word of Russian... :'-(

Thank you!
Christine
chcloux@vtx.ch