Digest for 97-12-25

 Digest for December 25, 1997

 To our  dear friends ,

from Russia and America we send warm wishing everybody a Merry
Christmas

and Happy New Year!

Peace, Health, Good luck to you and your family in 1998 and send to you
electronnic

holiday cardat:

http://alice.ibpm.serpukhov.su/xmas/xmas.html

     :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)
 :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)

  01-25 December 97  Sender:  jgatling@mindspring.com

                     Subject: from Jim Gatling

  02-25 December 97  Sender:  KLRU18F@prodigy.com

                     Subject: from Anna

  03-25 December 97  Sender:  lb.mckee@mailexcite.com

                     Subject: from Laura Mc Kee

  04-25 December 97  Sender:  shannonryan@prodigy.net

                     Subject: from Pat Patterson

  05-25 December 97  Sender:  100425.72

                     Subject: from barbara

  06-25 December 97  Sender:  adecapua@juno.com

                     Subject: from Andrea DeCapua

  07-25 December 97  Sender:  jsimon@bc.sympatico.ca

                     Subject: from Janice M. Simon

  08-25 December 97  Sender:  advanliempt@hotmail.com

                     Subject: from Ad

  09-25 December 97  Sender:  lesha@slavic.freenet.bishkek.su

                     Subject: from alecsey & Gesha

  10-25 December 97  Sender:  robroy@visuallink.com

                     Subject: from Robert Ostrom

  11-25 December 97  Sender:  S.Evseev@nym.sc.philips.com

                     Subject: from Serge

  12-25 December 97  Sender:  vlad.b@usa.net

                     Subject: from vladik

  13-25 December 97  Sender:  igor@fisica.ufpr.br

                     Subject: from Teodor I. Pisnitchenko

  RECENT EMAIL . . .

  01-25 December 97  Sender:  "Leonid L. Zaioncik"
(llz@amsp-z.tu-chel.ac.ru)

                     Subject: letter

  02-25 December 97  Sender:  Andi DeCapua (adecapua@juno.com)

                     Subject: educational system in Russia

  03-25 December 97  Sender:  REFishman@webtv.net (Erv Fishman)

                     Subject: Visit to Russia

  04-25 December 97  Sender:  Ilya Shlyakhter (ilya_shl@MIT.EDU)

                     Subject: exhibition of Russian-Israeli artist

  05-25 December 97  Sender:  Pachelbela (Pachelbela@aol.com)

                     Subject: Re: Digest for 97-12-21

  06-25 December 97  Sender:  "Andrei Yashurin" (ANDIE@glasnet.ru)

                     Subject: Shirley A. Woods

  07-25 December 97  Sender:  Preetham (oops@krec.ernet.in)

                     Subject: Help!!

  08-25 December 97  Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (fyp@usa.net)

                     Subject: Siberian Cellular System

  09-25 December 97  Sender:  emargile@solar.cini.utk.edu (Ellee)

                     Subject: Re: translation (97-12-21 digest)

  10-25 December 97  Sender:  "Dr. Pyotr Johannevich van de
Waal-Palms,

                              American_Bank, USA" (palbank@eskimo.com)

                     Subject: Understanding Russian Banking

  11-25 December 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj
(Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)

                     Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly

                              Preview December 21st

  12-25 December 97  Sender:  "Lokesh Babu M"
(lokesh@adiblr1.soft.net)

                     Subject: friend

  13-25 December 97  Sender:  Tim Brinley (tbrinley@glasnet.ru)

                     Subject: From Our House to Yours

  ** 01

  *

  Sender:  jgatling@mindspring.com

  I teach the Russian language to 5th graders at an elementary school
in

  rural Alabama (USA).  I minored in Russian during the height of the
Cold

  War.  I am not fluent , but would enjoy conversing with any and all
friends

  from Russia.  Also, my 5th graders would learn a great deal from
this

  experience.  Please e-mail, if interested.

  ** 02

  *

  Sender:  KLRU18F@prodigy.com

  I'm a 33 year old American female, planning on moving soon to Nizhny

  Novgorod.  Looking to meet anyone from this area before my move.
Many

  things to sort out ahead of time - one being where to live!!  Would
like a

  two room flat near the Volga embankment.  If you are from this
region, I

  would enjoy corresponding with you.

  ** 03

  *

  Sender:  lb.mckee@mailexcite.com

  HI, I am a 15 year old girl from Michigan.  I am very interested in
the

  Russian Culture and Language.  Looking for someone who can teach me
the

  Russian Language and inform me on how the Russian Culture works.
Looking

  for a friend from Russia, around my age.  Thanks!

  ** 04

  *

  Sender:  shannonryan@prodigy.net

  I found this site trying to research my family history.  My mothers
parents

  were from Russia.  Her last name was Bochonok.  If anyone has any

  information on how to research geneology in Russia please write.
This is a

  great site and I'm glad I found it.

  ** 05

  *

  Sender:  100425.72

  Really found this site interesting.  I'm a 50 year old American who
use to

  live and work in Berlin and spoke a lot of Russian.  I now am living
in

  Scotland and have almost no contact at all with Russian people or
language.

  Happy to hear from anyone either in Russian or English to keep up
the

  language.

  ** 06

  *

  Sender:  adecapua@juno.com

  Hi!  I'm interested in learning more about changes in the Russian

  educational system.  I'm involved in education at various levels here
in

  the US, and would like to learn more about the curriculum, and
general

  school day in the pre-university school years (i.e.  kindergarten
through

  12) Thanks!

  ** 07

  *

  Sender:  jsimon@bc.sympatico.ca

  This is a great project and I am glad that I found it!  I have found
a very

  nice friend and correspondant here.  =DB
=AD=B3=A1=8E=9F=91=A0=C0=A6=D5 !!!=

    Best wishes to

  everyone for a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New
Year!!!!...J.M.

  Simon

  ** 08

  *

  Sender:  advanliempt@hotmail.com

  Zdrabstvyjte!  In a very little class at the narodnij yniversitet in

  's-Hertogenbosch (Holland)we (four people) try to learn the russian

  language.  Why?  Speaking for myself, seven years ago I worked in
Russia

  (Kashira, Mosk.  obl.)and since then I love Russia and Russian
people.  Is

  there anyone in the former SU (perhaps in Kashira?)  who wants to
write us?

  We are able to write in cyrillic characters (koi-8, etc).  Hope to
hear

  from you soon!

  Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

  Ad

  ** 09

  *

  Sender:  lesha@slavic.freenet.bishkek.su

  Privet vsem!!

  Hi!!!!!!

  Marry Cristmass!!!

  S rojdestvom!!!!!

  Happy New Year!!!!

  C novim godom!!!

  Pishite vse komu ne len!!!

  Write me soon!!

  I waiting!!!

  Ya jdu

  ** 10

  *

  Sender:  robroy@visuallink.com

  Hello friends!  Merry Christmas!  You see what the single guys are
doing on

  Christmas day!  Your site was very interesting to me and I wanted to
say

  hello.  I am a 35 YO DWM and have been looking to meet the right
lady

  overseas for some time now.  I speak only alittle Russsian but I have
been

  to Moscow visiting in May 97.  I enjoyed it very much!  Fascinating.
I was

  in Tashkent and Istanbul in 95 and I am going to try to go to Odessa
in the

  spring if I can possibly swing it.  You guys take care and have fun.

  just wanted to say hello on my way through....Later, Robert.

  ** 11

  *

  Sender:  S.Evseev@nym.sc.philips.com

  |  Merry Christmas and Happy 1998 !!  |

  |                                     |

  |   Best regards from Holland         |

  ** 12

  *

  Sender:  vlad.b@usa.net

  Hello!I'm 16 and want to make my own money.

  who can help me, write.

  I live in Ukraine, odessa.

  ** 13

  *

  Sender:  igor@fisica.ufpr.br

  Privet vsem iz Brazil, sud'ba menya zanesla v etu jarkuyu stranu tri
goda

  nazad.  Na etot site ya nabrel sluchaynno kogda iscal russkuyu
literaturu.

  Mne 17 let, sam ya iz Moskvi e hotel bi poboltat' s kem-nibud'
po-russki

  (ili po-angliyski, ili po- portugal'ski) o Rossii, o literature, o
muzike,

  koroche o chem ugodno.

  ** 01

  *

  Sender:  "Leonid L. Zaioncik" (llz@amsp-z.tu-chel.ac.ru)

                          Hello american friend!

             My name is Mary,  I  live  in Russia.I'm 15 years old.I
learn

         English and French at scholl.I like to dance,  to  listen
music.I

         have no pets now, but  we  had many  fishes and  one dog.The
dog

         lives in the country and fishes were presented  to our school
by

         my father.I like to play tennis. I used  to play piano,  to
visit

         bal-room dances,to play big tennis.

             I'm waiting or your answer.

             E-mail:LLZ@amsp-z.tu-chel.ac.ru

  =F6

  ** 02

  *

  Sender:  Andi DeCapua (adecapua@juno.com)

  Hello.  I'm currently involved in research on learning styles and

  cultural traditions of various groups of students from a variety of

  language backgrounds.  I'm trying to get more information about the

  Russian educational system K-12, as part of the background report.

  Would you have any suggestions as to whom I might contact?  Thanks,

  Andrea DeCapua, Lynn University, Florida

  ** 03

  *

  Sender:  REFishman@webtv.net (Erv Fishman)

  My wife and I plan to visit Moscow (3 days) and St. Petersburg (5
days),

  in i-July. How, if at all, can you help? We do not need financial
help,

  but would like people-help.

  We have heard many horror stories about crime and safety, but are

  determined to go. People who would be intertested in serving as
guides

  would be most helpful, as would any other specific info you might

  provide.

  Thank you.      Erv Fishman

  ** 04

  *

  Sender:  Ilya Shlyakhter (ilya_shl@MIT.EDU)

  I've put together an electronic exhibition for a Russian-Israeli

  artist, Zachar Shapiro.  Please tell me what you think and,

  if you like it, put a link on your page.  The URL is

                  http://www.fenet.net/ilya/zachar

  Good luck,

  Ilya

  ilya_shl@mit.edu

  ** 05

  *

  Sender:  Pachelbela (Pachelbela@aol.com)

  I recently became engaged to a gentleman from Kiev.

  Although he has been in this country for the past 10 years

  most of his relatives speak, read, etc. in russian.  I thought

  during our wedding ceremony/reception we could do something

  that is traditional to his native homeland but I haven't been able to
locat=

  much information.  I would appreciate anyone having any knowledge on
this

  subject to share it with me.  Thank you and Happy New Year!

  pachelbela@aol.com

  ** 06

  *

  Sender:  "Andrei Yashurin" (ANDIE@glasnet.ru)

  Dear friends,

  I would reaaly appreciate, if someone would help me to find an
address of

  Shirley Ann Woods from Iowa. She lived in Moscow in 1993-1996 and
worked as

  a Christian missionary.

  Does anyone know where is she now and how can I reach her?

  Sincerely,

  Andrei Yashurin.

  andie@glasnet.ru

  ** 07

  *

  Sender:  Preetham (oops@krec.ernet.in)

  Dear freinds,

              Some days back I have lost all my e-mail addresses and
old

  mails by the failure of hradware.I have lost so many friendS e-mail

  address,but now I want to find my one of friend she lives in OREAGON
city

  of UNITTED STATES, her name is LENA and her husband name is MICHEAL.

  I AM REALLY GREATFULL TO THOSE WHO IS HELPING ME IN THIS PROBLEM.

  Thanks.

  ** 08

  *

  Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (fyp@usa.net)

  Hi!

  Does someone know in which city of Russia the Siberian Cellular
System is

  located?

  Thanks,

  best regards

  Yanki Pursun

  ** 09

  *

  Sender:  emargile@solar.cini.utk.edu (Ellee)

  I know in my searches I had come across a dictionary that had
pictures with

  the associated text (pets) and the audio version of the Russian
words.  It

  took awhile to find it again but if you go to:

http://www.wavefront.com/~swithee/dictionary/menus/mainmenu.html

  you will find not only the words for dog but lots of other animals
and

  objects.  It is a pretty neat site by Sarah Withee.

  >Sender:  Khawkdrivr (Khawkdrivr@aol.com)

  >Subject: translation

  >i am trying to find out how to pronounce the english word "dog" in
russian=

  .

  >i am also trying to find out how to spell it in cryllic (what it
looks lik=

  e).

  >i am thinking about naming my new puppy "dog" but pronouncing it in
russia=

  >and would like to put the name on her bowl in cryllic..   can u
help???

  >thank you in advance

  >email address

  Ellee Margileth

  Center for International Networking Initiatives

  The University of Tennessee

  2000 Lake Avenue

  Knoxville, TN  37996

  Phone:  (423) 974-8121 or 7277

  Fax:  (423) 974-8022

  emargile@solar.cini.utk.edu

  ** 10

  *

  Sender:  "Dr. Pyotr Johannevich van de Waal-Palms, American_Bank,
USA"

  (palbank@eskimo.com)

  "Understanding Russian Banking" (300 pages) written by
Mossbusinessbank,

  Promstroibank, Bank Saint Petersburg, Petrovsky bank, and Dr. Pyotr

  Joannevich van de Waal-Palms. (1997)

  http://www.aa.net/~russia/banking/book.html

  ** 11

  *

  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)

  Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview December
21st,

  Greetings,

     The latest *preview* of the Ukrainian Weekly is now available

  on the Ukraine FAQ Plus site!  This is an exclusive regular

  feature each week containing timely and the most up to date

  information on Ukraine and the Ukrainian Diaspora available

  on Internet.

     The Ukrainian Weekly is the largest weekly newspaper (in English)

  extant in the Western world covering Ukrainian issues both in
Ukraine

  and in the Ukrainian Diaspora.   The preview is available on Internet
at

  the address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project.  You can obtain

  subscription information in order to read the complete articles

  when you visit the web-site.  The Ukrainian Weekly is funded by

  the Ukrainian National Association and your subscriptions.  Their
website

  may be perused at http://www.tryzub.com/UNA/.

  *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
*

  Would you like to receive announcements direct from TryzubSite
without

  the "middleman" or the "censorship" inherent to some email lists?  If
so,

  please check our main page at http://www.TRYZUB.com for information

  on how you may subscribe!

  *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
*

    We also have a new little section in the "About Ukraine" page

  where people may request that their pages dealing (accurately)

  with Ukraine may be enplaced!  Drop us an email at faq@tryzub.com

  *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
*

  There is a search engine where you can search through

  most of the contents on TryzubSite.  Give it a try and let

  us know what you think!  Send email to WebMaster@Tryzub.com

  *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
*

  TryzubSite is one of the quickest growing and most visited sites for
matters

  Ukrainian on Internet. Located at http://www.tryzub.com/, it is
currently

  host to several organizations. For information and to report
problems

  such as these, e-mail should always be sent to the attention of the
site 86s

  webmaster to the address: WebMaster@TRYZUB.com. Contacting the
webmaster

  is the best way to guarantee that any problems are resolved in the
most

  efficient manner.

  *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
*

  The address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project is now:

  http://www.std.com/sabre/UKRAINE.html

  Either click the button labelled "Current Events" by the

  Tryzub (Trident) graphic or scroll down and click the

  "Current Events" section summary to access this latest

  news.

  As always, please feel free to email us at faq@tryzub.com

          bohdan@panix.com                       Personal email

          bohdan@tryzub.com                     Business email

          faq@tryzub.com                          Ukraine FAQ+ email

  ** 12

  *

  Sender:  "Lokesh Babu M" (lokesh@adiblr1.soft.net)

  ...........................................all I need is a friend
from

  Russia !

  ** 13
*********************************************************************=

  *

  Sender:  Tim Brinley (tbrinley@glasnet.ru)

  Keep Christmas with you all through the year

  When Christmas time is over and presents put away

  Don't be sad...

  There'll be so much to treasure about this Christmas day

  And the fun we had...

  So many happy feelings to celebrate with you

  And O the good times hurry by so fast.

  But even when it's over, there's something you can do

  To make Christ - mas - last.

  Keep Christmas with you all through the year

  When Christmas is over, you can keep it near

  Think of this Christmas day, when Christmas is far away.

  Keep Christmas with you all through the year

  When Christmas is over, Save some Christmas cheer.

  These precious moments, hold them very dear

  And keep Christmas with you all through the year....

  Christmas means the spirit of giving

  Peace and Joy to you!

  The goodness of loving, the gladness of living

  These are Christmas too.

  So...

  Keep Christmas with you all through the year

  When Christmas is over, Save some Christmas cheer.

  These precious moments, hold them very dear

  And keep Christmas with you all through the year....

  You keep Christmas with you all through the year

  2 Cor 8:9

  For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was
rich,

  yet for your sake He became poor, that you through His poverty might
become

  rich.

  Tim, Rebecca, Andrew, Anna, Michael, and Marcus Brinley

  PO Box 392  Moscow RU 121170

  Telephone/FAX: (7-095) 148-97-46 [8 hours later than EST US]

  Please verify fax transmissions by voice before sending, and wait on
line

  for verification of good reception.

  Please direct personal mail to PO Box 102, Keller, TX  76244-0102

  Stateside contact:  Richland Hills church of Christ  (BRINLEYS)

  6300 NE Loop 820, Fort Worth, TX  76180-7899

  Telephone: 817-281-0773   FAX:  817 281-8618

  If you know someone who would like to receive our prayer letter by
fax or

  email, please let us know.

  ----------------------- END FRIENDS December 25, 1997

  APPENDIX

  FRIENDS is a free service started by friends in Russia and the
United

  To unsubscribe from FRIENDS, send the message UNSUBSCRIBE FRIENDS
to:

  or those who need it, the IP address of our computers are