Digest for 97-12-05

Digest for December 05, 1997

01-05 December 97  Sender:  dtremblay@kollsman.com
                   Subject: from Dana Tremblay

                   Subject: from Titlov Vitaly

                   Subject: from Robert Groebel

                   Subject: from Nancy

                   Subject: from Amanda

                   Subject: from James A. Young

                   Subject: from Youn,Tae-Oong

                   Subject: from DMITRY

                   Subject: from Jean Munch

                   Subject: from Joshua Davis

                   Subject: from Steve Hutson, Chapel Hill, NC, USA

                   Subject: Our Program

                   Subject: Releasing CD/vinyl ?

                   Subject: INFO-RUSS: advice needed

                   Subject: Fw: Hi all!

                   Subject: Travel to Moscow

                   Subject: Such a lovely Website!

                   Subject: help

                   Subject: sending medicine

                   Subject: dictionary English-Russia

                   Subject: natuurlijk, graag van dienst

                   Subject: Employment in FSU

                   Subject: Next Steps to the Market Program - U.S. CRDF (FWD)

                   Subject: NIS College and University Partnerships Program

                   Subject: Freedom Support Act Undergraduate Program

                   Subject: SCIENTIST: INTAS Calls for Proposals -- 1997

18-05 December 97  Sender:  skellogg@aaas.org (SKELLOGG)
                   Subject: SCIENTIST: Summer Course Offerings

19-05 December 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
                   Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly
                            Preview November 30th

Sender:  dtremblay@kollsman.com
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Dana Tremblay

Hello to Russia.  I am a 47 year electronics engineer in New Hampshire.  I
would like to correspond via e-mail with any from the Russia republics and
Russia.  I am interested in space science and astronomy.  Once I worked
with the US Space Shuttle and I also have many other hobbies.  I am single,
own my own home and also fly small airplanes.  Come and make a new friend
in the USA.

Dana

Sender:  manovar@dawn-0.relcom.eu.net
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Titlov Vitaly

Hi everyone! I live in Moscow region and i'm looking friends.
I'm 19 years old. I like tourism, computers, music and many other things.
It would be beutiful to find friends who likes something of it.
I will glad anu letters. ;-D
                           buy.

Sender:  rgroebel@bi-pharm.com
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Robert Groebel

Hello -

My friend and I are planning a trip to St.  Petersburg and Moscow in the
spring of 1998.  I would love some suggestions on good hotels, restaurants,
museums and shopping in both cities.  Any responses would be greatly
appreciated.

Sender:  R_Michael_Arnold@msn.com
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Nancy

My husband and I adopted a little girl from the Vologda region.  We are
interested in finding out more about Russian culture.  Please respond with
any information you might have about Vologda or Russia that we could teach
her.  We look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks!

Sender:  ankrum@mcn.net
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Amanda

Hi I am 13 and I am looking for people around the world in the Europe part
of the world.  I am studing Russia as a project and would like to get some
infromation on the area.  My frien is studing the Netherlands and needs
infromation.  I have another friend who is studing Norway and again needs
infromation.  If you live in any of these or know infomation on these
please e-mail me

Sender:  jimyoung@centralpenn.edu
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from James A. Young

I am a 56-year-old academic/labor union/entre-
peneurial person who remains interested in
Russia, Central Europe, and Eastern Europe (my
Master's thesis analyzed Franco-Soviet relations
in the 1930s).  I am not proficient in the eastern
European languages, but I want to establish
contacts with persons who are proficient in
German or English.  Perhaps we can exchange
information and insights regarding our respect-
ive regions.  Ich erwarte eine Antwort.

Sender:  outlet@www.damul.co.kr
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Youn,Tae-Oong

Hello to Russia!

I'm 31 yeards old man,not married,catholic,and Korean(south) I love Russia
and her great culture and hope make some Russian friend.  I am president of
a computer company - Damul, located in Pusan city, and I am very interest
in literary and computer network field.

I hope your response!

Good-bye!

Sender:  UPEK@VLADCOMPORT.RU
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from DMITRY

HI, FRIENDS!!!  I STUDY ENGLISH AND I WONT CORRESPOND WITH PEOPLE, WHO
SPEAK ENGLISH AND PERHAPS ARE GOING TO RUSSIA IN MY TOWN VLADIVOSTOK. You
know where there is the city Vladivostok in Russia?  Vladivostok cultural
and economic centre in the east Russia, and also great seaport.  My name is
Dmitry.  I am from Vladivostok.  I am 23 years old, have Higher Education
and work by the senior economist in seaport.
GOOD-BYE!!!

Sender:  sofus@swipnet.se
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Jean Munch

Hi there, just a 44,5 years old truckdriver who like to learn other people
and their culture to know.  Sending you all a great heart, full of heat and
joy.  Have a nice x-mas and a happy new year.

Sender:  JoshDavis@utk.edu
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Joshua Davis

Zdravstvuitye!

Menya zovut Joshua Davis.  Ya ochen xochy naidti kovo-to s kyem pucat'
pucma po-russki.  Bam intyerecuyet?  Pishitye, pozhalusta.

Vash tovarish,

Joshua Davis

Sender:  shutson@mail-hub.aoc.state.nc.us
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Steve Hutson, Chapel Hill, NC, USA

VALERI MOUZYCANT:

I am interesting in locating an E-Mail address for Valeri Mouzycant who
visited the US as an exchange professor at the University of North Carolina
at Chapel Hill.  We became friends during his stay here, worked out
together, and discussed cultural issues.  I was not able to make contact
after he returned home and hope that I may be able to do so now through
E-Mail.  He resided in Moscow before his visit to the US. I know that he
now serves as chief of an advertising agency,though I am not sure of the
location.  If he is on the internet I would very much like to locate his
E-Mail address so that I can write him.  If you know Valeri, thank you for
informing me of his address.  Valeri, if you find this please E-Mail me.

Sender:  "Amery Rock" (classactsinter@hotmail.com)

I am writing to you after exploring your web sight in the hopes that you
might be able to offer some advice  about our program, Class Acts
International, the first theatre exchange program for high school and
gymnazium students.

The mission of CLASS ACTS INTERNATIONAL is to enable students from
around the world to come together and share cultural and personal ideas
and knowledge through creative endeavor. To this end, we will
coordinate, facilitate and supervise an international theatre exchange
program for high school students in the United States and Eastern
European countries.  CLASS ACTS INTERNATIONAL does not use theatre for
professional training, but as a medium to intensify the learning
experience and share it with others.

CLASS ACTS INTERNATIONAL  aims to create a network of schools wherein
large student bodies can benefit from our work. A curriculum surrounding
the project will be developed to enhance our audiences learning.
Classroom teachers will implement this interdisciplinary curriculum
which will address an array of subjects related to each play, and
increase students awareness of the multinational, multicultural aspects
of our work. Such study will ultimately lead to greater artistic
appreciation, academic skill, and a deeper understanding of foreign
cultures.

 We are presently fundraising and seeking international support for the
program.  I wonder if you might know of some resourses that we may have
overlooked?  Anything out of the ordinary that you can suggest?

I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,

Amery Joy Rock
Project Director

Sender:  ariel62@juno.com (karl k welty)

Greetings

My name is Karl Welty, an american guitarist composer.

Several years ago, I attempted to negotiate a sub publishing agreement
with Melodya to release an album project of mine within the (then) Soviet
Union. Since this was right around the time of the political reforms
taking place, alot of mix ups occured... resulting in this whole situation
not taking place.

I still have a desire to do this, and still have the project. I own
the rights to it exclusively, and am not signed with any label or management
company domestically... no one else "owns a chunk of it". It is mine to
do with as I please.

What I would like to do is "donate" the project, for release in
Russian republics... and ask only for some copies of the product in return. A
label would be free to duplicate, distribute, and sell as many copies as they
would like to... and all I want in return is a couple hundred copies to
be shipped back to me (CD or vinyl, and it could even be under a
hundred... that is simply a starting point).

Who would be interested in sych a transaction ? The material is
instrumental heavy metal, in a neo-classical vein... tons of guitars,
that sort of thing.

Where do I start, can you help in this, are you interested yourself ?

Any information will be appreciated :)

Thanks,

Karl Welty - Ariel62@juno.com

Sender:  Nadezhda Pushkina (Npushkina@worldbank.org)

X-POSTED from INFO-RUSS

INFO-RUSS assumes no responsibility for the information/views of its users.

Hello, everybody,
     Could somebody help me with a practical matter?  I am not sure of the
safest way to take money with you when you go back to Russia, namely St.
Petersburg.  Does anybody know if traveller's checks are accepted there,
and if there is any fee when you turn them into cash?  Or is there a bank
in St. Petersburg to transfer money to, and is there a fee to get your
money from the bank?  Also, at the border do you have to declare the amount
you are bringing with you?  Is it safe to do that?  I no longer seem to
know any of this.  Please, help, any information would be appreciated.  My
address is npushkina@worldbank.org.  Many thanks.

Nadezhda Pushkina

Sender:  (larkin@glasnet.ru)

Hi!  My name is Sergey.  I live In Russia, in Moscow.  Was pleased be copy
(1-2 times at a week) and with you.  Be Not offend, if immediately does not
be able to answer.  My E-Mail: larkin@glasnet.ru

Sender:  "Andre Racine" (raz@efni.com)

Hello,  My name is Andre I am a Canadian citizen and I plan to visit Moscow
using Aeroflot>>.  I am not familiar with your language or society.  I
would like to know what I can do about traveling and visiting Moscow alone.
I Heard that it could be dangerous to visit Moscow alone, but I like to
travel and here I come.  Can you give information about the taxi services
and costs,  Local youth hostel costs or even motel costs for 20 days in
Moscow.  I assume with 9 million people around the city that I can easily
find lots of things to do and hopefully you can assist me in getting some of
this information.
Please send me by email information about my trip and even companies that
are reputable enough to assist me locally in my 20 day trip.  I plan to
travel from 15 Dec to 5 January 1998.
Please send me something soon as my deadline is approaching to take the
plane.
Thank you for your help
Andre
raz@efni.com