Digest for 97-12-01

Digest for December 01, 1997

01-01 December 97  Sender:  martin@tillier.force9.net
                   Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Martin

02-01 December 97  Sender:  WingNut8@aol.com
                   Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Jennifer

RECENT EMAIL . . .

01-01 December 97  Sender:  RPAINE@cc.colorado.edu
                   Subject: Russian articles on the web

02-01 December 97  Sender:  Center for Civil Society International
                            (ccsi@u.washington.edu)
                   Subject: Please, help to find a person (fwd)

03-01 December 97  Sender:  Doug Eldred (Douglas.K.Eldred@cdc.com)
                   Subject: Russian Calendar?

04-01 December 97  Sender:  Ethel Dunn (edunn@well.com)
                   Subject: Marx and Engels in Russian

05-01 December 97  Sender:  "Serguei A. Oushakine" (oushakin@ssc.upenn.edu)
                   Subject: the Second International  School for Gender
                            Studies in Foros

06-01 December 97  Sender:  "Serguei A. Oushakine" (oushakin@ssc.upenn.edu)
                   Subject: CFA: The 3d Russian  Summer  School in Gender
                            and Women's Studies

07-01 December 97  Sender:  ian.maccormick@which.net
                   Subject: This site has relocated

08-01 December 97  Sender:  kevin@online.ru
                   Subject: comment about friends/travel/

09-01 December 97  Sender:  Raffi Aftandelian (brynza@glasnet.ru)
                   Subject: challenges with KOI8 font to Mac Russian
                            transfer and more

10-01 December 97  Sender:  Hugo127@aol.com
                   Subject: Hello!

11-01 December 97  Sender:  Jeroline@aol.com
                   Subject: Interested

12-01 December 97  Sender:  Converse@sesame.demon.co.uk (John Clews)
                   Subject: Transliteration standards

Sender:  martin@tillier.force9.net

We are considering accepting a posting to Moscow and would welcome any
insight - we have a three year old child and my wife is concerned about the
medical facilities as well as the, perhaps exaggerated tales of violence in
Moscow.  We would appreciate all comments, both positive and negative,
which would help us make a decision.

Thank you

Sender:  WingNut8@aol.com

ڷٗ!  I'm a 25 year old university
student...I'm very interested in Russia...and
I would like to correspond with people in Russia.
 ͜ ș ڞ ҙ  ȗ,
 ϯ Ԗ ӷ ڞ ҙ.
(I just started studying Russian in September).

PS: This site is Ԝӯ Ԛ!!!

Sender:  RPAINE@cc.colorado.edu

You are welcome to read current articles in Russian in a section of
Friends and Partners web pages:
 http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/oldfriends/language/rpaine/rusweb.html
Hopefully you will find them interesting and informative.

*************
PEACE and FRIENDSHIP are beautiful words in any language
Richard B. Paine
Home telephone number (719) 635-4879
(Work) FAX number: 719-389-6282
internet: RPAINE@CC.COLORADO.EDU
 Articles in Russian on WWWeb:
http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/oldfriends/language/rpaine/rusweb.html

Sender:  Center for Civil Society International (ccsi@u.washington.edu)

CCSI recently the message below.  If you can help him please reply to:

	labaton@online.ru