Digest for 97-11-14

Digest for November 14, 1997

01-14 November 97  The Second International Conference on Distance Education

RECENT GUESTBOOK ENTRIES . . .

01-14 November 97  Sender:  WhippleC@AURORA.CWU.EDU
                   Subject: from Carrie Whipple

02-14 November 97  Sender:  stumanningsc@usao.edu
                   Subject: from Sam Manning

03-14 November 97  Sender:  dhall72005@aol.com
                   Subject: from david Hall

04-14 November 97  Sender:  mike@stunix.uni.udm.ru
                   Subject: from Klochkoff Misha

RECENT EMAIL . . .

01-14 November 97  Sender:  Lotta4@aol.com
                   Subject: Relatives

02-14 November 97  Sender:  Adrian Mindruta-Tanasescu  (adim@lbzbph.sfos.ro)
                   Subject: suggestion about friends

03-14 November 97  Sender:  Help (Help_Consultant@Brown.edu)
                   Subject: Help Requested

04-14 November 97  Sender:  "Anne E. van Pletsen" (vanpletsen@mofo.com)
                   Subject: Slotsky, Russian poet

05-14 November 97  Sender:  Rogers948@aol.com
                   Subject: Former USSR Republics

06-14 November 97  Sender:  Orient445@aol.com
                   Subject: second graders

07-14 November 97  Sender:  LL (milt@avana.net)
                   Subject: Locating someone in Belarus (Directory)

08-14 November 97  Sender:  MeFlos@aol.com
                   Subject: Hello--

09-14 November 97  Sender:  Dagranman@aol.com
                   Subject: Tracing my roots

10-14 November 97  Sender:  "Egor" (tumba@glas.apc.org)
                   Subject: line and the text of the message before
                            forwarding it back.

11-14 November 97  Sender:  "whitehot" (whitehot@itouch.net)
                   Subject: Russian TV

12-14 November 97  Sender:  RubyRomero@aol.com

13-14 November 97  Sender:  klawson@geocities.com (Katherine Lawson)

14-14 November 97  Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (fyp@usa.net)
                   Subject: GSM-Roaming in Russia

15-14 November 97  Sender:  romanovorten (romanovorten@glasnet.ru)
                   Subject: idea

16-14 November 97  Sender:  "LOUIS GAĖTAN"  (gaetoune@infonie.fr)
                   Subject: Hi! I 've got questions...

17-14 November 97  Sender:  NURCAN DOGRUYOL (dogruyol@ONLINE.EMICH.EDU)
                   Subject: Need your help...

18-14 November 97  Sender:  rosarh@dol.ru
                   Subject: Net

19-14 November 97  Sender:  Chris Kedzie (C.KEDZIE@fordfound.org)
                   Subject: Echoing green

20-14 November 97  Sender:  Nicholas Zagoreos (nicholas.zagoreos@lazard.co.uk)
                   Subject: Questions

21-14 November 97  Sender:  skellogg@aaas.org (SKELLOGG)
                   Subject: SCIENTIST: OPPORTUNITY FOR SOCIAL SCIENTISTS

22-14 November 97  Sender:  sgrimberg (SGrimberg@worldnet.att.net)
                   Subject: documentary

23-14 November 97  Sender:  joycewarner@juno.com
                   Subject: INTERNSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT

24-14 November 97  Sender:  Atlantic56@aol.com
                   Subject: IRANIAN WOMEN'S CONFERENCE

25-14 November 97  Sender:  Chris Kedzie (C.KEDZIE@fordfound.org)
                   Subject: FW: Call for Proposals

26-14 November 97  Sender:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu
                   Subject: USIA AED Freedom Support Act Junior Faculty
                            Development Program

27-14 November 97  Sender:  romanovorten@glasnet.ru
                   Subject: design centre

*  The Second International Conference on Distance Education

Review the proceedings of this conference held in Moscow in 1996.
Co-organized by the Association for International Education (AIE) and
International Council for Distance Education (ICDE), information about the
conference and resources dealing with this form of education are provided
on this site.

Please see the Distance Learning section from the Education page or
directly at URL:

http://www.russianstory.com/cdrom/icded96/icded96.htm

Sender:  WhippleC@AURORA.CWU.EDU

Hello- I'm a freshman at college wanting to learn more about Russia and all
her wonders.  Please E-Mail me and let me know what you know.  Thanks so
much

Sender:  stumanningsc@usao.edu

I'm just saying HI.  I am a 20 year old student at the University of
Science and Arts of Oklahoma, That is in Oklahoma, USA.  I am a computer
science major that plans on becoming a teacher.  I am trying to learn some
of the Russian language.

Sender:  dhall72005@aol.com

I would like to have some penpals from Russia.  I visited Moscow in Aug.
of this year and fell in love with the place.  Please write to me.  Maybe
we can get together and visit in Moscow or America.....

Sender:  mike@stunix.uni.udm.ru

Hello All !!!  I'm search people from the world, who wanted make contacts
with russian scientists.  My job is a managing editor from international
scientific journal, which called "Regular & Chaotic Dynamics" The journal
presents new results in the field of nonlinear dynamics, theory of
integrability, topologic analysis of dynamical systems.  The journal
accepts papers from russian and forgein authors.  If you are interesting
the news from the russian science, write me.  And I wait business request
from you.  Best regards to you.

Sender:  Lotta4@aol.com

Hello,

I am Finnish, currently working in Germany and trying to locate my Russian
relatives. During the war my grandfathers 10 sisters and brothers got
separated.

It has been rather difficult, but I thought you might be able to advice me:
where to search, e-mail addresses etc.

You have probably had similar requests from other people. I would appreciate
any help you could provide me with.

Thank you!

Kind regards from Kiel

C. Paschinsky

Sender:  Adrian Mindruta-Tanasescu  (adim@lbzbph.sfos.ro)

I was searching for any e-mail address of Dan Alexe, an RFE/ RL reporter,
but it seems so hard to find it.  I think it would be useful to have a
possibility to write to your reporters.  As a matter of fact, he's an old
friend of mine and I try to reach him through the net.  Can you help me?

Sender:  Help (Help_Consultant@Brown.edu)

Dear Sirs/Ms.:

I am interested in locating an English Teaching Position in the C.I.S.  I
am a graduate of Brown University in the United States, and am searching
for an English speaking job so that I may study Russian intensively.  Do
you have any suggestions as to where to locate such an opportunity?

Thank you,
Garth Goldstein

Garth_Goldstein@brown.edu

Sender:  "Anne E. van Pletsen" (vanpletsen@mofo.com)

I am looking for information on Slotsky, a Russian poet of the 20th
century.  Can you help me.

My e-mail at home is:

aosara@tkb.attnet.or.jp

Your help will be wonderful.

Sender:  Rogers948@aol.com

Dear Friend,

I am a first year student in International Studies course and I am having
problems finding the answer to a seemingly simple question:

Name 5 things Russia imposed on every country of the Soviet Union, and then
chose two cuntries that had something unique imposed upon them.

I would really appreciate any help on the subject.  Thank you for your time
and I hope to get a better understanding of your culture through my studies
and travels.

Sender:  Orient445@aol.com

My second grade class is beginning to study Russia.  They are very curious
about so many aspects of the culture but have decided on-endangered animals
found in Russia, types of stores, types of communities (city, rural etc)
and building structures.  Can you recommend a place where I might be able
to purchase a poster showing the beautiful building designs as seen on many
advertisements?  And are there specific websites that may show some
information we are looking for?  K.G.  orient445@aol.com

Sender:  LL (milt@avana.net)

I am trying to locate Olga Jestkaya who recently returned to Belerus in
July 1997 after living in Atlanta, Georgia (USA). Anyone receiving this
message, please forward to her if possible. THANY YOU... LONNIE JOHNS -
my  E-mail: milt@avana.net mailing address: 1758 Monroe Drive NE
Atlanta GA 30324-5027 (USA)

Sender:  MeFlos@aol.com

I am most interested in taking Russian courses wherever they may be--even via
the internet--if this expierment is to go through please contact me at this
address--I will inform you of any change.

Thank you

Sender:  Dagranman@aol.com

My family has roots in Bosotani.  Is there any way to identify birth /death
records. I"m looking for information beginning early 1900's and going back as
far as I can.

Sender:  "Egor" (tumba@glas.apc.org)
Subject: line and the text of the message before forwarding it back.

Hello there. My name is Yegor. I like to spend plenty of time near the computer
corresponding with other people. I would like to hear from you or to tell you
something about everyday life in Russia. tumba@glas.apc.org

Sender:  "whitehot" (whitehot@itouch.net)

Help !

Can you please steer me in the right direction to find a web page or a
source that will tell me what Russian TV programs are available in the USA
(rebroadcast) or through satellite ?

Thank you,
Michael

**
The right to privacy is sacred and unalienable -

Privacy and encryption are our first and fourth amendment rights I'll take
my passphrase and ALL my plaintext to the grave when they pry my cold, dead
fingers off my keyboard .  .  .  yes, another innocent victim of the USNazi
police State effort to dominate and control the masses.