Digest for 97-10-24

Digest for October 24, 1997

01-24 October 97  Sender:  JLynk@aol.com
                  Subject: from Dmitry Polynkov

                  Subject: from Emma

                  Subject: from Michael Lee

                  Subject: from Mona Styve

                  Subject: from Cory Kending

                  Subject: from Axel

                  Subject: from gens

                  Subject: from tais

                  Subject: from Ellen Oicles

                  Subject: from Ingfrid Haaland

                  Subject: from Andrea

                  Subject: Request

                  Subject: suggestion about friends

                  Subject: Interested about Russia, especially the people.

                  Subject: Have you heard of GATKOWA?

                  Subject: sheet music inquiry

06-24 October 97  Sender:  Athol Yates (russia-rail@netinfo.com.au)
                  Subject: Who is buried in the Kremlin Wall?

07-24 October 97  Sender:  skellogg@aaas.org (SKELLOGG)
                  Subject: Halloween

08-24 October 97  Sender:  Doug Eldred (Douglas.K.Eldred@cdc.com)
                  Subject: Re: Cyrillic

09-24 October 97  Sender:  Makiko Mia Kitago (makichan@gol.com)
                  Subject: looking for info on internet access from siberia...

10-24 October 97  Sender:  "Matt & Jennifer Larson"
(larsonhome@classic.msn.com)
                  Subject: internet access in Vladivostok

11-24 October 97  Sender:  lnara@fukushima-nct.ac.jp
                  Subject: Re: Language exchanges

12-24 October 97  Sender:  "Ellen Clore-Patron" (eclore@irex.org)
                  Subject: Partnerships between US and NIS Academic
Institutions

13-24 October 97  Sender:  emueller@bruderhof.com
                  Subject: toys for Russian orphanages

14-24 October 97  Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (fyp@usa.net)
                  Subject: Airline Names

15-24 October 97  Sender:  Charles Boensch (cboensch@online.ru)
                  Subject: KremlinKam

16-24 October 97  Sender:  fundraiser (fund@iclub.nsu.ru)
                  Subject: (no subject)

17-24 October 97  Sender:  skellogg@aaas.org (SKELLOGG)
                  Subject: SCIENTIST: NATO-NSF Fellowship Program

18-24 October 97  Sender:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu)
                  Subject: USIA--OIV--International Visitor Program

19-24 October 97  Sender:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu
                  Subject: USIA--ATSPD--CUAP--Free Trade and Market Economies

Sender:  JLynk@aol.com

Hi, I'm Dmitriy.  I'm 15 years old.  I'm an exchange student from Russia in
the US.  Now I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  I want to contact with another
exchange students, espesially from Volgograd.  That's all for now, bye!

Sender:  gigdet@hotmail.com

Just a friendly hello out there.  I am a 17 year old interested in
psychology, veterinary medicine and archeology.  I love meeting people from
everywhere.  So if you want a pal, I am here.  USA as of this point in time

Sender:  Intntl@Lasercom.net

I would like to just take a minute to ask if anyone from Russia would like
to correspond with me. I am a spiritual man 33 yrs. of age, who loves the
Lord. I am searching for others. If you are lead to write, please do so. I
am a professional businessman experienced in marketing all types of ideas,
and products throughout the world. I would be happy to exchange ideas,
ventures or anything which one may have passion or conviction within to
explore. I have a great desire to help the people of Russia and Isreal.
Please E-mail at the following: Intntl@lasercom.net   All letters will be
answered regardless of material or content.

I look forward to your mail.

Take care,

Michael Lee

Sender:  mstyve@hotmail.com

Anybody out there who would like to write with a girl that is 14 years old,
and lives in Norway? Write to me, and you`ll know more about me!  PLEASE
MAIL TO ME.

Sender:  ckending@knox.knox.edu

Hello My name is Cory and I am a student at Knox College.  I am looking for
any information on the health care system in Russia.  If you have any
stories that you would like tell me about I would greatly appreciated it.
The other thing that I am interested in is the treatment of Alcoholism in
Russia.  I would like to talk to any doctors or treatment personnel about
their views on the situation.  Thank you very much.

Sender:  a_x_l@yahoo.com

Hi people of the world!
I'm a 19 y.o. Russian mail. I'd be happy to find friends here! Write me and
be sure I'll answer. Smile!

Sender:  gens@slavic.freenet.bishkek.su

HI PEOPLE!!  How are you?  I'm fine!  My name is Gennadiy!  I'm from
Kyrgistan(city Bishkek) I glad if you write me.  My hobby is
music,computers,books and others.

I'm study in KR(S)U(university)
On the second course(I'll be programmer)

See you! Bye-bye.

Sender:  Tais.lyna@usa.net

Hi Tais, this is Willie.  I live in New Jersey.  Reply soon Contact me at
Envirovision@earthlink.net

Sender:  Eoicles@telis.org

I am a 10th grade teacher in San Jose, California, United States.  My class
is representing Russia in a year long negotiations project.  We need
information on Russian government policy that high school students of
average ability can understand.

Right now we are trying to find out what the Russian government policy on
migration in and out of Russia is.  What does Russia do about migration into
Russia?  What happens to children of migrants in terms of attending school.
I would appreciate help.  Thankyou. R;;rm

Sender:  ihaaland1983@hotmail.com

Hi folks!  Would someone like to have some cool mails in your in-boxes??
Don`t wait.  Mail at once.  I`m 14 years old and live in Norway.  MAIL!
IT`S AN ORDER!!!  Everybody is my friends so mail!  Ingfrid

Sender:  andrea.sala@galactica.it

Italy - Milan, 17/10/97 I am from Italy and I need help!!!  This summer I
met in MALTA Katia who lives in Surgut (Tiumenscaja).  She phoned me two
weeks ago to ask if possible to spend this Christmas holiday in Italy.  For
me it's a pleasur to have here in Italy Katia but to let her come here I
need some documents.  I don't have her telephone number and when she phoned
me I was so astonished that I forgot to ask her th number.  To obtain the
number from Italy it takes a lot of time and with Russia is not so easy.
It's for this that I ask you if you can find the number for me.  I'll give
you Katia complete adress:

EKATERINA STRELZINA
626400 TIUNEBSCAJA
SURGUT
SVOBODI (STREET) NUMBER 8
HOUSE NUMBER 113

I don't know how to thank you for the help you are giving me

The only thing I can say are:
GRAZIE e CIAO

Andrea from ITALY
andrea.sala@galactica.it
zeusapollo@galactica.it

Sender:  Jack Blanshei (russjb@timeshare.service.emory.edu)

Our Department (officially the Department of Russian, Eurasian, and East
Asian Languages and Cultures) (REEALC)  is very interested in setting up a
real-time video regularly scheduled connection with Russian university
students, particularly, although not  limited to, those who are studying
English. We would like to concentrate our initial efforts in Moscow and St.
Petersburg.  We are convinced that this type of interaction would be
mutually very stimulating and beneficial, as well as enjoyable.  We would
like to start with a relatively inexpensive system, such as CU-SeeMe (all
our lab computers are Macintosh machines, and we have installed the
Enhanced CU-SeeMe version).  Our beginning Russian classes are given at
8:30 am Eastern Standard Time, so that the real contact time in Russia
would not be inconvenient.  We do have funds to purchase more
sophisticated, and perhaps better performing equipment, when and if the
pilot program works out successfully.  We also would be prepared to offer a
dollar honorarium to the Russian faculty/staff member responsible for
establishing such a connection.

Any and all assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Incidentally, I am not one for much formality, so please don't hestitate to
call me by my first name.

Jack

Jack Blanshei
Department of Russian, Eurasian, and East Asian Languages and Cultures
Director, Center for Russian and East European Studies
Emory University
Atlanta, Ga. 30322
Tel. (404) 727-4014
Fax  (404) 727-2093

Sender:  adim@lbzbph.sfos.ro  (Adrian Mindruta-Tanasescu)

I was searching for any e-mail address of Dan Alexe, an RFE/ RL reporter,
but it seems so hard to find it.  I think it would be useful to have a
possibility to write to your reporters.  As a matter of fact, he's an old
friend of mine and I try to reach him through the net.  Can you help me?

Sender:  Tenang-4@webtv.net (Cecilia Valencia)

I would like to meet and exchange ideas with them.  I like to learn about their
language and ballets.

Sender:  Gary Nixon (gnixon@quiknet.com)

Hello again, friends!

I forgot to ask a very important question in my last mail:

Has anyone ever heard of a town or region called GATKOWA? It may be, or
have been part of Ukraine or Poland, some years ago.

Thank you!

Gary Nixon (gnixon@quiknet.com)

Sender:  Angie Wright (angie.wright@sit.edu)

Hello everyone,

I am teaching Introductory Russian to high school students in Langdon,
New Hampshire. I have a student who is a guitarist and is interested in
finding at least the chords, and possibly the words to some Russian folk
songs. He would like to perform for our class. If anyone has any music, or can
provide me with any leads, I would be very grateful.

Spasibo,
Angie

Sender:  Athol Yates (russia-rail@netinfo.com.au)

Greetings,

I am after a complete list of the dozens of honored Russians and communists
buried in the Kremlin Wall behind Lenin's mausoleum. Does anyone have such
a list or know where I can get one?

Athol Yates, russia-rail@russia-rail.com

                     RUSSIA-RAIL
          Email: russia-rail@russia-rail.com
         WWW home: http://www.russia-rail.com
            Manager: Athol Yates, author of
Russia by Rail (Sep 1996) & Siberian BAM Railway Guide (Dec 1995)
Railway Timetables http://www.russia-rail.com/timetable.htm

Sender: skellogg@aaas.org (SKELLOGG)

Is anyone going to Moscow or Tver, Russia from the United States before 31
October (Halloween)?  I have a friend there who is planning a Halloween
party, but since Halloween isn't normally celebrated in Russia, she can't
get any of the normal Halloweeny things like spiderweb decorations, orange
balloons with ghosties on them, candy corn, etc.  I put a small package
together for her, but it's way to late to send it to her via the mail
system and I can't afford Federal Express or DHL.

Is anyone going there sometime in the next week who would be willing to
take it for me?  I am sure I can have someone meet you either at the
airport or some other place that is convenient for you.  The package is
pretty small, and it weighs about 3 1/2 pounds.

Thank you!!  You can contact me at skellogg@aaas.org or at Tel:
1-202-326-7027

Sanoma Lee Kellogg