Digest for 97-09-15

Digest for September 15, 1997

01-15 September 97  Sender:  KMBasketLV@aol.com
                    Subject: from Kelly M

                    Subject: from Ilya Khurumov

                    Subject: from Lusy Borkhvardt

                    Subject: from Erhard Kuijken

                    Subject: from Andreas

                    Subject: from Krista Driscoll

                    Subject: from mike lindstrom

                    Subject: from Paul  Tereshchenko

                    Subject: from Teri

                    Subject: from Sonia E. McMillan

                    Subject: from Alex J. Marinin

                    Subject: from Jason Northcott

                    Subject: Bellevue Bed and Breakfast

                    Subject: RUSSIAN/ENGLISH PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATOR

                    Subject: comment about friends/cyrillic/fonts.html

                    Subject: would like more info

                    Subject: projects

                    Subject: Vladimir Zhirinovsky

                    Subject: One Good Map!

                    Subject: surname Stingemore

                    Subject: Looking for Masha Kustova

                    Subject: VisualRussia Web Ring

                    Subject: ethics in the soviet union

                    Subject: Russian Multimedia Library

                    Subject: (X-Post INFO-RUSS) - propiska in FSU

15-15 September 97  Sender:  ABNPress
                    Subject: ABNPress Information Service

16-15 September 97  Sender:  "Vladimir Ouzdin" (smrtlnk@smartlinkcorp.com)
                    Subject: Software for Russian

17-15 September 97  Sender:  "Michael D. Corbin" (mirhouse@sky.net)
                    Subject: Understanding Russian Banking

Sender:  KMBasketLV@aol.com

What do you want to know about Russia?  I'm Russian.

Sender:  is97khil@jibs.hj.se

Hi!I'm 19 and I'm a student of MIET in Zelenograd(Moscow) but now I'm
studing in Sweden in Jonkoping University.  If someone send a  message
for me, I will be happy to answer. Thanx

Sender:  Lusy@mail.nevalink.ru

Hi, my dear new friends (I hope).

My name is Lusy, I'm 24 y.o., and I would like to find more new friends.
Please beg me pardon for my English. But please write me. I will be glad
for all letters, and I promise to answer your all.

Goodbye.
Lusy.

Sender:  erhard@glo.be

I'm searching for a pension/apartment with two single beds in Moscow for
the period of 26 December '97 till 5 January '98. Prices, etc. Please
contact me.

Sender:  p7003mh@sunmail.lrz-muenchen.de

Hi to all,

My name is Andreas (28), I live in Germany/ Munich und study informatics.

I would be pleased, to get e-mail somewhere far from Russian.  I'm very
interested in the culture and society in Russian.

Bye

Andreas

Sender:  jdriscoll@revealed.net

I am a sophmore at Central High School in Davenport, IA.  I am taking a
Russian History class and I have to write a report on Alexander
Solzhenitsyn.  If anyone has any info on him Email me.  Thanks.

Sender:  mike.lindstrom@osthammar.mail.telia.com

I must say that this chatchannel must be the  best on internet. Good work.

Best regards, Mike.

Sender:  pasha10@juno.com

Hi I am 20 years old Ukrainean who lived in California now. I`d like to have
more frends in this world.
Druz`ya, davayte znakomitsya!Pishite!

Sender:  TLipscom@aol.com

Hi,  I am a graduate student at the University of Louisville in Louisville,
Kentucky, USA.  I am working on a marketing (sales) project where we have
to sell a product in a foreign country.  I would like to find any
informatoin I can about selling guitars in the Newly Independent States.

Teri

Sender:  soniamcmillan@compuserve.com

I would like to know what the russian equivalent is
for the following names:

Sonia

Darlene

Gwendolyn

like Laura is Lasha.......not the Russian symbols

just the name equivalent...

Thanks ever so much

Sender:  niniram@aol.com

My grandfather (Nicholas Eshkin (or Ishkin) came to the U.S. in 1913.
His passport shows that he came from:
Lubovo
Tadgitskaya
Duschanbe
Krasno-armaiskay
Can anyone tell me where this is located?
and if it is close to a major city?
Also, I have anotheraddress:
Volgo-Gradskaya Oblaste
Gernovsky Rayone
Seelo Lenevo
U-Letza Kansamolskaya
Nadejdena N.T.
Same question.-Where is this in Russia?
Appreciate anyone who can give a lead on this.
Bolshoi Spaciba.

Sender:  echo@nbnet.nb.ca

Hello there, I am an aspiring Canadian hoping to find a work term in
Russia.  I have always been fasinated with Russia, if there are jobs or
programs related to forestry - let me know, thanks!

Sender:  Cyrus Garnett (cyclone@eskimo.com)

Russians coming to the northwest USA would enjoy our B&B. Fifth day is
free. See us on the internet at the address below.

Cy and Carol Garnett
Bellevue Bed and Breakfast
http://www.eskimo.com/~cyclone
425-453-1048

Sender:  RB (dbulgak@pop3.utoledo.edu)
Subject: RUSSIAN/ENGLISH PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATOR AND INTERPRETER

	Very reasonable rates, highest quality, utmost accuracy!

          Please contact Rinat Bulgakov, MA, MEd
                            at
                     (419) 698-5496
              E-mail: dbulgak@POP3.utoledo.edu

Sender:  isaac@aps.anl.gov

Sorry it is not comment but a question.  Do you know is there a KOI8 font
available for Power Macintosh?  The old version has problems with printing.
Thank, Isaac Vasserman

Sender:  Jonathan Reed Liggett (liggett@email.unc.edu)

I am doing a project on Russian media for my International
Communications class at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
If you have any information you feel would help me out, please send it
to:  cday@email.unc.edu  Thank you.

Sender:  VENGANCE (JELINOW1@rachel.chatham.edu)

A colleague and myself are trying to arrange a project in Russia in the
area of cultural development.  Our 4-5 wk trip is pre funded but we were
hoping if you could point us toward some organizations who could help us
formulate an area to work on and hopefully work with them on.  Thank You

Jenn Elinow
Chatham College
PO bOX 379
Pgh, PA, 15232
USA

Sender:  Shannon Salentine (smsalent@students.wisc.edu)

To Whom it May Concern:
I am very interested in the Liberal Party of Vladimir Zhirinovsky. If you
have further information or resources regarding this subject please contact
me. I appreciate all your help.
Shannon Salentine

Sender:  Intlclaim@aol.com

Hi,

My wife and I are traveling to Siberia (specfically Novasebersk) in October
to adopt a child.  We wanted to look at a map of the area to just get a feel
for the area but were unable to find a good one.  Can you help, if you can
please Email back with a good web site or we will have to do it the old
fashion way and accually go out and buy a world map.  Thanks

Chris

Sender:  dakota@iexpress.com.au

This is actually not about your page - what I really need is help with is
my heritage which you can probably eliminate for me - my first name before
I was adopted was Allana Stingemore and the surname Stingemore is not an
European name therefore I am seeking the information as to whether
"Stingemore" could be a Russian name or derinative of, I would appreciate
your response.  I am Australian and many people have said when I have asked
them about heritage have said that I am German - one person whom I meet
from Lennigrad said I am definately Russian with my features - I am
desperate to know the truth - can you help me out?  - Is the name
Stingemore in your local or country telephone directory?  Please
respond.  Thanking you in advance.  -- Amanda

Sender:  Kathy Bishop (smedmic@electriciti.com)

My name is Kathy Bishop and I am looking for Masha Kustova of Moscow.
She was an exchange student in San Diego, California in 1993 at La Jolla
Country Day School.  She was good friends with my daughter jennifer and
we would like to know where she is.  The address I have for her family
is rusakovskaya sto      25-67   Moscow, Russia  Ph. 266-6117.  I have
been looking for a email address for the family father-kolya  and
mother-Irina.  If anyone knows here email or how to find it , please
email me.

Thank you,
Kathy Bishop
smedmic@electriciti.com

Sender:  "Oleg Moskvin" (moskvin@iname.com)

Dear friends!

If you have a non-commerical web site specializing in visual art
exhibitions by russian authors, you may be interested in joining
the Web Ring connecting such sites. It would helps all
participants to increase the site traffic and, of course, to
communicate closer.
Visit http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/7620/visualrussia.html to
join.

Sincerely, Oleg

The Phenomenon of Experienced Innocence:
Russian Reflective Nostalgia...
http://sheremey.home.ml.org/ (Image Gallery)

Sender:  TSpill3979@aol.com
Subject: Information needed for travel book

To whom it may concern:

I am currently writing a travel book entitled, How to Travel the World
without Leaving the United States. I would like to feature a Russian
community here in the United States that it reminiscent of Russia. Would your
organization be able to provide me with the names of these communities and
any information you might have regarding these locals? If not, do you know
where I might be able to find this information?

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Trina Spillman
TSpill3979@aol.com