Digest for 97-09-09

Digest for September 09, 1997

01-09 September 97  Sender:  lkatz@arcadis.be
                    Subject: from Daniella

                    Subject: from Ian Schindelmam

                    Subject: from Mary Devin Connolly

                    Subject: from Masha Hvostova:-)

                    Subject: from Richard Baughman

                    Subject: from Sasha

                    Subject: from Ralph Jones

                    Subject: from Merian A. Nunez

                    Subject: from Alexander

                    Subject: from Aviv Jasman - Israel

                    Subject: from Joe Beggs

                    Subject: from Tais

                    Subject: from Dave Ruffley

                    Subject: from Kelly M

                    Subject: from Katerina Vaculova

                    Subject: from Al

RECENT EMAIL . . .

01-09 September 97  Sender:  RB (dbulgak@pop3.utoledo.edu)
                    Subject: Professional Russian/English translator and
                             interpreter

02-09 September 97  Sender:  bisnis3@usita.gov
                    Subject: Russia and the CIS Business Forum

03-09 September 97  Sender: "Greg Sango" (gsango@rclink.net)
                    Subject: Seeking WWII Russian/German aircraft photo's

04-09 September 97  Sender:  "Dr. Pyotr Johannevich van de Waal-Palms,
                             American_Bank, USA" (palbank@eskimo.com)
                    Subject: Russian Banking System

05-09 September 97  Sender:  (paulrichardson@compuserve.com)
                    Subject: Russian Life!

06-09 September 97  Sender:  LWolboldt7@aol.com
                    Subject: please help me

07-09 September 97  Sender:  Alex van Tricht (csa@ecmwf.int)
                    Subject: Contacts in the UK

08-09 September 97  Sender:  alexis perrier (okho@rocketmail.com)
                    Subject: French - Russian Association OKHO

09-09 September 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
                    Subject: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview August 31st, 1997

Sender:  lkatz@arcadis.be

Hi,

I'm looking for Ania Loupanova.  Hope to hear from you soon Ania.
Chastlivo

Daniella

Sender:  imschind

My name is Ian Schindelman and I am of Russian and Polish decent.  I have
lived in America all my life, and I would like to correspond with somebody
from Russia and discuss all aspects of life.

Sender:  Gmconnolly@aol.com

I am 17 years old and visited Moscow and St.  Petersburg in 1993 with my
7th grade school Russian club.  I hope to study Russian at the University
of Washington in Seattle.  Would enjoy hearing from others.

Sender:  russianl@netcom.ca

Privet,

I wish to convers with anyone from the Yaroslavl region, We have family who
live in the Bradina area.  Do contact me soon!

Spaseeba,

Poka
Masha;-)

Sender:  rockdogrus@aol.com

Hello my name is Richard and i am planning to visit soon.  It would be nice
to talk to some people in the hope of making some friends.  Anyone who
likes to hike,climb,repell,ect or just have fun , drop me a line.

Sender:  vertigoo@chat.ru

Hello!

I'll be glad to pen pal with somebody about PostModern in Literature,
Music, Art and Industrial Technologies.

Also, I'll be glad to any letter.

I am WAITing...

Sender:  R007J@aol.com

Hi.  I am looking to learn more about your beautiful country.  If any one
would care to correspond with me It would be very appreciated.  I intend to
visit Kiev some time in sept.  Thanks Ralph

Sender:  mn5163@acspr1.acs.brockport.edu

I am a student in New York and I am very interested in the Russian culture
and language.  I speak a little Russian, but I would like to learn more.
I'm 22 years old and I speak Spanish, Italian, and Japanese.

Sender:  Alex@markins.nsk.su

Hello,partners!  I'm a man,36 y.o.,mathematician,programmer, since 1994
business man.I find the partner in US for making programming job via
internet.  There are the groop of high skilled programmers in here (in
Novosibirsk,Akademgorodok)ready to do some contracts.If you speak well
english and russian,work with computer and want to make money (or want to
escape you job :=),do write!

Sender:  talgil@shani.net

Hello world .  (22 years old) I am now sitting in front of the computer
wondering how can those thing can still happen in this world .  Today I
have been in the street were the bomb EXPLOD ,killing in the street of
Jeruzalem - whY??  I'm looking forward to here from you what did you fill
when you hered about it.  If someone can make me smile send me an e mail.

Sender:  jbeggs@divide.net

Hi to all of you!  This is an inspirational site.  I am looking for
information available on the net about the city of Kobrin, in Belarus.  My
wife's family is from there, and she and her parents would like to know
about websites or contacts (E-Mail) in Kobrin.  Please help!  Thank you...
Joe

Sender:  tais.lyna@usa.net

Hi to all of you!:))

That's me againg:) I'm really sorry for my English Forgive me please:)
Well, little bit about myself.  I'm 16 years old girl, with rear name Tais.
I'm living in USA, Oregon, Portland for about a year.  my native city iz
Khabarovsk, Far East Russia.  I love to have lot's of friends, any race,
religion, color, etc.  I do horse back riding, LOVE to dance, read, write:)
I'm studing in High School - Junior.  What else?  Also I love to drive
cars:) And my hobby computers.  If anybody want to write an e-mail, do it:)
bye all:))

Tais:

Sender:  dlrwy@msn.com

I am writing my doctoral dissertation on Russian citizens born between
1940-1960 who finished higher education prior to 1982.  If you fit this
category, please contact me, I'd like to interview you about your life in
the USSR in the Brezhnev years.  Russian or English is OK.

Sender:  KMBasketLV@aol.com

I am an american with a slavic soul, polish heritage, who loves Russian
culture, politics, etc.  I lived in Moscow in 1991 attending MGIMO, doing
research on nationality conflict/international politics.  Fell absolutely
in love with Moscow, got to travel in Ukraine, which I also enjoyed
immensely.  I am a little homesick for the Russia I knew, and would like to
get back there, maybe to work as a trainer, as I have developed management
training programs for Russian joint venture participants.  Would love to
correspond with someone from Russia or simply an american who loves
Russia!!!!

Sender:  vaculova@vukrom.cz

Agricultural Research Institute Krom, Ltd., Mendel University of
Agriculture and Forestry Brno and Food Research Institute Prague (all the
Czech Republic) take great pleasure to invite you to participate in the
international Conference CEREALS FOR HUMAN HEALTH AND PREVENTIVE NUTRITION
which be held in the town Brno, Czech Republic, July 7 - 11, 1998.  Who are
interested in the participation on this Conference, please see WWW pages on
Internet address: http://czis.anet.cz/en.htm, slogan Agriculture

Contact Address:
Ing. Katerina Vaculova, CSc.
Agricultural Research Institute Kromeriz, Ltd.
Havlickova 2787
CZ - 767 41 Kromeriz
CZECH  REPUBLIC
Tel.: (420) 634 317 112      Fax: (420) 634 333 923
 E-mail: vaculova@vukrom.cz

Sender:  bog@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au

G'day, How's it going everybody.  Privet tem kto ne ponyal.  If you have
nothing to do, visit my home page on:
http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~bog/home~1.htm but don't judge it too harsh,
cause it is only 2 weeks old.  Ok, Hi (privet) from Australia, and Take
care people.  Al Bogatyrev Melbourne, Australia

Sender:  RB (dbulgak@pop3.utoledo.edu)
Subject: Professional Russian/English translator and interpreter

EXPERIENCED RUSSIAN/ENGLISH PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATOR AND INTERPRETER

Very reasonable rates, highest quality, utmost accuracy!

Please contact Rinat Bulgakov, MA, MEd
at
(419) 698-5496
E-mail: dbulgak@POP3.utoledo.edu

Sender:  bisnis3@usita.gov

The University of Arizona will hold its fourth annual "Russia and the CIS
Business Forum" in Tuscon October 31--November 1, 1997.  The theme of this
year's forum is "Success in the CIS." The forum will provide an up-to-date
analysis of political, economic, and legal aspects of business ventures in
the former Soviet Union and will present case studies of successful
American businesses and strategies for success.  The Consul General of the
Russian Federation in San Francisco will address the forum.
Representatives of various U.S.  Government programs that support American
business ventures in the NIS will make presentations and answer questions
as well.  For more information contact Dr.  Roza Simkhovich of the
University of Arizona, at 520-626-4007, or visit the forum's website:
http//russian.arizona.edu/cis97.htm.

Sender: "Greg Sango" (gsango@rclink.net)

Dear Friends & Partners

Writing again to all my fellow "Friends" again, this time looking for
anyone that would be willing to help a friend I have in Sweden make a dream
come true. He is very close to getting a book published (publisher here in
the States is very interested) about Russian and German aircraft used in
WWII he is looking for photographs that he can use in his book. He needs
aircraft photographs from both forces from 1941-1945 along with any
photographs of pilots from Russia and Germany. If anyone can help me please
contact me and I will gladly send his address Sweden.

Many Thanks Greg Sango

Sender:  "Dr. Pyotr Johannevich van de Waal-Palms,
         American_Bank, USA" (palbank@eskimo.com)

New Book available, 300 pages - Understanding the Russian Banking System,
Securities Markets, and Money Settlements - co-authors Mossbusinessbank,
Promstroibank, Bank St. Petersburg PLC, Petrovskiy Bank and Dr. Pyotr
Joannevich van de Waal-Palms
WWW URL:  http://www.aa.net/~russia/banking/book.html
russia@aa.net

Also see Russian Ministry of Education: "Palms Free Electronic Russian
Public Library Of 1000 Great Books Of The World"
Home page: http://www.informika.ru/windows/books/gutenb/list.html

Sender:  "Paul E. Richardson" (paulrichardson@compuserve.com)

We continue to see lots of postings to this newsgroup from people looking
for penpals, looking for ways to keep in touch with what is going on in
Russia, looking for family roots, yearning feed the Russophile bug...

For thousands of people across the US and around the world, RUSSIAN LIFE
magazine helps fill these voids. RUSSIAN LIFE is a monthly trip to the
heart of Russian reality. It is an objective, colorful look at life as it
is being lived in Russia today, as it has been lived and as it will be
lived. Each MONTHLY issue is packed full of colorful photos and great
journalism (edited by native English speakers -- no Russlish here!). Here's
a sampling of what you'll find in a typical issue of RUSSIAN LIFE:

SEPTEMBER 1997 ISSUE
-- "Keeping the Faith" -- a look at the dispute raging over the influx of
religious missionaries into Russia
-- "Very Big River" -- we sent a photographer and journalist on a two-week
cruise up and down the Lena river, in the middle of Siberia. The snapshots
they brought back of life there are beautiful!
--  Vologda, Beauty of the North
-- Student Slang -- our monthly "Survival Russian" feature makes a foray
into the interesting and often humorous realm of academic ephemisms
-- A tribute to Yuri Nikulin, Russia's premiere comic
-- A recipe for Povidlo, a jam with a political history
-- Plus letters, our Russian Calendar and much more!

(Coming in October: Beer in Russia... An extended excerpt from Ilf &
Petrov's famous story, "The Twelve Chairs", profile of a successful
Magnitogorsk theater and much more!)

TO SUBSCRIBE TO RUSSIAN LIFE, simply email your mailing address to:

risvt@compuserve.com

We'll get you started and send you a bill for just $23 -- a special rate
for new subscribers only (normal rate is $29 for one year, 12 issues)! Be
sure to mention this special offer in your email message. Act now and your
first issue will be the October issue!

Paul Richardson
Publisher

p.s. If you would like to sample a bit of RUSSIAN LIFE, check out our
website at:
http://www.friends-partners.org/rispubs

Sender:  LWolboldt7@aol.com

Hello there!  My name is Natalia.  I have been looking everywhere for one
simple answer, and I can't seem to find it.  Can you PLEASE answer it!?  What
I need to know is, how do you say  "ocean" in Russian?  Thank you.

Natalia

Sender:  Alex van Tricht (csa@ecmwf.int)

Hi,

My Russian fiancee would like to have some Russian friends here in
England. Can you help us with any contacts?

Thanks a lot
--
Alex van Tricht
csa@ecmwf.int

Sender:  alexis perrier (okho@rocketmail.com)

The OKHO Association is helping Russian people visit France at the
smallest possible cost for a couple of weeks and French people to
discover Russia from the inside.

Although the borders are theoretically open, it remains nearly
impossible for most Russian people to visit a foreign country due to
the cost involved in traveling but also due to the many regulations
that makes it very difficult to obtain a visa. For instance, in order
to visit France, a Russian person would have to be invited by an
acquaintance who would have to obtain a "certificat d'hebergement"
(hosting certificate) that is currently delivered by local
administrations in cities. The administrative procedure is of heavy,
absurd and a real hassle.

In the same way, French persons wishing to visit Russia have to go
through expensive travel agencies. And once in Russia, they pay the
tourist fare which is sometimes incredibly high (Taxi from
Cheremetievo to Moscow, museum entrance, ... ). To bypass this system
one would have to know a Russian Person and get invited by him or her
in order to get a Visa.

The goal of the non-profit OKHO association is to facilitate this
individual exchange system in order to boost French-Russian cultural
and business relations. The idea is for a French family/person to
invite a Russian family/person for short period of time (typically 2
weeks) and free of charge. The Russian person then invites the French
one if  it is possible for him.

For the French family/person it is an unique opportunity to enjoy a
real linguistic training at home while receiving its Russian guest.
This is extremely beneficial if one member of the household is
struggling to learn this wonderful and poetic but sooooo difficult
language. The only efficient way to learn any language is to practice.
The costs involved in receiving someone at home are nothing compared
to a "stage linguistic" in Russia through a standard firm.
It is also a very good way to make friends and learn about the Russian
way of life.

Therefore we are looking for
- French families or persons that wish to invite a Russian person for
some time.
- Russian wishing to come to France and also who may invite foreigners
at home.

If you are interested please send message to OKHO@rocketmail.com with
your Email address or fax number and questions and we will send you
more information.

Thank you

Alexis Perrier

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview August 31st, 1997,

Greetings,

The latest *preview* of the Ukrainian Weekly is now available on the
Ukraine FAQ Plus site!  This is an exclusive regular feature each week
containing timely and the most up to date information on Ukraine and the
Ukrainian Diaspora available on Internet.

The Ukrainian Weekly is the largest weekly newspaper (in English) extant in
the Western world covering Ukrainian issues both in Ukraine and in the
Ukrainian Diaspora.  The preview is available on Internet at the address of
the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project.  You can obtain subscription information in
order to read the complete articles when you visit the web-site.  The
Ukrainian Weekly is funded by the Ukrainian National Association and your
subscriptions.  Their website may be perused at http://www.tryzub.com/UNA/.

We also have a new little section in the "About Ukraine" page where people
may request that their pages dealing (accurately) with Ukraine may be
enplaced!  Drop us an email at faq@tryzub.com

Please note that one may now browse the FAQ project using an advanced three
dimensional navigational tool.  Point your browser to
http://www.tryzub.com/ for information on how to download the plug-in for
your browser and the actual "mcf" image which is used for this.

We also have a search engine where you can search through
most of the contents on TryzubSite.  Give it a try and let
us know what you think!  Send email to WebMaster@Tryzub.com

TryzubSite is one of the quickest growing and most visited sites for matters
Ukrainian on Internet. Located at http://www.tryzub.com/, it is currently
host to several organizations. For information and to report problems
such as these, e-mail should always be sent to the attention of the site†s
webmaster to the address: WebMaster@TRYZUB.com. Contacting the webmaster
is the best way to guarantee that any problems are resolved in the most
efficient manner.

The address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project is now:

http://www.std.com/sabre/UKRAINE.html

Either click the button labelled "Current Events" by the
Tryzub (Trident) graphic or scroll down and click the
"Current Events" section summary to access this latest
news.

As always, please feel free to email us at faq@tryzub.com