01-19 August 97  Sender:  bog@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au
                 Subject: from Alex

                 Subject: from Masha Hvostova:-)

                 Subject: from Taufik

                 Subject: from Myza Hill

                 Subject: from Vladik

                 Subject: from Gerri

                 Subject: American Chamber of Commerce in Russia

                 Subject: Want to know more russian

                 Subject: Scholarships

                 Subject: Lotus Blossoms - Volga River Delta

                 Subject: Weather info

                 Subject: Seminar in Novorossiysk announcement-2

                 Subject: Can you help please?

                 Subject: geographical coordinates of Russian and

                 Subject: Quality Engineering

                 Subject: HELP - LOOKING FOR SO. CALIFORNIA-BASED RUSSIAN

                 Subject: your page

                 Subject: law on cryptography

                 Subject: A little something to think about.
                          (X-Post COMMUNET)

14-19 August 97  Sender:  mvs3@po.CWRU.Edu (Maxim V. Soloviev)
                 Subject: Best International Phone Rates

15-19 August 97  Sender:  civilsoc@solar.cini.utk.edu
                 Subject: CIVILSOC digest 558 (fwd) (X-post civilsoc)

Sender:  bog@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au

Hey everybody, Hello to all of ya from Melbourne, Australia
I reckon this page is cool. Take care. Privet Vsem.

Sender:  russianl@netcom.ca

Privet!

Anyone from Yaroslavl can contact me at my new E-Mail address.  This is a
great web site.  I want to converst with Russian in Yaroslavl Region.

Dusvedonnya Commrades
Masha:-)

Sender:  Fik.Fine@Pointer.wahid.com

My name's Taufiq Ismail.  I studied Russian Language and Literature for
about 6 years in Padjadjaran University, Bandung, Indonesia.  Now i'm
looking for new 'Russian Friends' and I'm happy if you can send me your
first E-mail and we can talk more about your country and mine.

Spasiba ! Dasvidaniya !

Sender:  aribella@hotmail.com

Greetings everyone...well i would like help finding about my name.  Ive
heard it is a Russian last name but im not too sure.If anyone has any info
please email me.And if you just want a pen pal write to.

Thanks,
Myza Hill

Sender:  vlad.b@usa.net

Hello !  My name is Vladik.I think that there are many pupils in our school
of different age and with different interests who would like to have
penpals.

If you want to have a penpal in Ukraine,write something about yourself to
me and I'll help you.

e-mail: vlad.b@usa.net

Sender:  shaman@cnw.com

I am hoping to make contact with someone from the town of Rudya-Marymonava,
about 12 miles southeast of Homiel.  My grandfather Ippolit Ivanovitch
Schak (Szakala?) came to the US in 1913 when he was 16 years old.  All
contact with his family was lost after the war.  Although he passed away, I
hope to continue this seach for him.  He came with older companions, most
of them I believe returned to Russia to fight in World War 1.  Their names
were Rudacoff, Petrusenko, Satyrev, Marimonov, and Mairov.  If anyone could
forward this to someone in the town of Rudnya, I would be forever greatful.
I would like to make contact with anyone in the Homiel area to learn more
of it's history.  Wonderful page!!!

Gerri

Sender:  Bill Fick (bill@samovar.ru)
Subject: American Chamber of Commerce in Russia seeks Executive Director

The American Chamber of Commerce in Russia is presently accepting
applications for the position of Executive Director.  For more information,
see the announcement on AmCham's website at
http://www.amcham.ru/events/jobop.htm

Sender:  Jimmy Liu (liujiang@pacific.net.sg)

Hi, I am Jimmy Liu from Singapore, unlike Russia, here is very hot and
humid, I am recently very interested in Russia and the culture there,
anyone want to be my penpal?  You can send E-mail to "friver@hotmail.com"

Wish you all the best!

Sender:  Anna Miller (Anna.Miller@globalone.net)

Hello everyone,

I have a friend in Unkraine who would like to come and study in the USA.
I know that nationals of the former Soviet Union can get scholarships
through USAID or may be other organizations. Does anyone know how to get
more information on this issue? Where in Kiev (I assume) or in USA can
my friend apply for such scholarship. She would like to get a graduate
degree, probably MBA.

Anna

Sender:  Jean Nostrand (jeen@earthlink.net)

Help.  My husband and I want to visit the delta region of the Volga
River as it enters the Caspian Sea when the lotus flowers bloom.  We
believe that this occurs in the month of July.  Any information would be
helpful to us.  We intend to visit Russia next summer (1998). Thanks.
Jean Nostrand  jeen@earthlink.com

Sender:  Steve Marsden (herbal@dialnet.net)

Hi,
I'm looking for 5 year weather stats for Kemerovo, Russia.  Do you know
where I may find this info?  You may contact me at: Herbal@dialnet.net

Thanks,
Stephen Marsden, Ag Consultant
--
http://www.HerbalAdvantage.com        Herbal@dialnet.net

Herbal Advantage, Inc.      Order desk: 800-753-9199
Route 3, Box 93             Phone:  417-753-4000
Rogersville, MO 65742-9214  Fax:  417-753-2000

Sender:  "Andrey Ozharovskii" (zarov@host.cis.lead.org)

Dear friends,

On August 8 I put an announcement of an environmental  Seminar in
Novorossiysk. Unfortunately due to a technical failure my server was
down last week and I couldn't get your applications. Please, write
again!

Sincerely yours,
president of the International Discussion Club - Moscow
Andrey Ozharovskii.
------

The International Discussion Club has the honor to announce an
international seminar "Social Activism in Practical Urban
Environmental Projects". The seminar is to be held on October 6-12 in
Novorossiysk, the largest Russian industrial city and port on the
Black sea.

The seminar has the aim of bringing together representatives of
different sectors of society (NGO, science, municipal administration,
universities, charitable foundations) from different countries and of
sharing their experience in implementating urban environmental
projects.

The seminar will concentrate on practical urban environmental
projects - creation, protection and upkeep of city parks, botanical
gardens, arboretums, etc. Both practical and institutional aspects of
this problem will be discussed. A project "Arboretum in Novorossiysk"
which is being implemented by a local initiative group with the
support of the city administration and Leadership for Environment and
Development foundation will be analyzed as a case study.

The seminar program will give the participants an opportunity to
communicate with professors and students from the local university
and even to make their own presentations for local activists.
Site visits and an excursion to a famous vineyard of Abrau Durso is
on the agenda as well.

Further information available at Web Site:
http://www.cis.lead.org/zarov/arboretum/
or on request to zarov@host.cis.lead.org

Sender:  Dutch50184@aol.com

Hello,

I have travelled to the former Soviet Union more than a dozen times in the
past 4 years and have made many friends there.  I married a girl from Riga
in the Baltics

We would like very much to get a lsit of websites where could email and
chat with young Russians.  Any English language "chat rooms" over there?  I
can do OK in simple spoken Russian but haven't learned Cyrillic.  Elena has
no problems of course.

I also have several friends who would be VERY interested in connecting with
marriage minded young ladies.  They met my jena and ochin enrivisa.  Any
help please?

Dutch50184@aol.com

Sender:  ilya_shl@MIT.EDU
Subject: geographical coordinates of Russian and American cities & towns

Hi all,

I was wondering if somebody here might know the answer to this question:
where can I find the geographical coordinates (longitude & latitude)
of Russian & American cities and towns in _computer-readable_ form?
I need to be able to determine, from a cgi script, whether two cities/towns
are close together, given their names.  Is there a service somewhere on the
net that could help?  I'm even willing to pay something for such data,
but would much prefer for it to be free (it's for a completely
non-profit project).

I'd be very grateful for any hints/pointers.

Thanks,

Ilya
ilya_shl@mit.edu (please reply directly to this address)

Sender:  lmc@dmc10.com

Please excuse the intrusion.  Your name was linked to a quality engineering
web site and I was hoping you could help me out.

I'm looking to hire a degreed engineer with Quality Engineering experience
in high volume manufacturing environment.  Must know SPC, ISO's or
equivalent.  We will pay for move to North Carolina, compensation ranges to
$60,000 (that buys a lot of stuff in NC) very stable company with well
planned growth history.  Excellent benefits and retirement program.

If you know anyone, I can be reached at:
Voice (609) 584-9000ext216
Fax: (609) 584-9575
Email: lmc@dmc10.com

Thanks,    Larry Chiaravallo