01-27 July 97  BEYOND THE PALE: The History of Jews in Russia

RECENT GUESTBOOK ENTRIES . . .

01-27 July 97  Sender:  montana@alaweb.com
               Subject: from Montana

02-27 July 97  Sender:  106272.2034@compuserve.com
               Subject: from Chris A Hunt

03-27 July 97  Sender:  mix@bbs.surgut.ru
               Subject: from Dmitry "Mix" Aleshin

04-27 July 97  Sender:  ehlg2@cam.ac.uk
               Subject: from Edward Genochio

05-27 July 97  Sender:  ake.hansson@mailbox.swipnet.se
               Subject: from Christina

06-27 July 97  Sender:  lkatz@arcadis.be
               Subject: from Daniella

07-27 July 97  Sender:  Bayan@SWBell.net
               Subject: from Sergei  Shapoval

08-27 July 97  Sender:  upek@vladcomport.ru
               Subject: from DIMA

09-27 July 97  Sender:  simonov@ssd.sscc.ru
               Subject: from Serguei Simonov

10-27 July 97  Sender:  itb6@reaseheath.ac.uk
               Subject: from Star

11-27 July 97  Sender:  matvej@extranet.ru
               Subject: from Matvej Savonenko

12-27 July 97  Sender:  scottss@wa.net
               Subject: from Scott Schwieger

13-27 July 97  Sender:  mata@ici.net
               Subject: from ANGIE

RECENT EMAIL . . .

01-27 July 97  Sender: "m.f.miller" (miller@bway.net)
               Subject: Beyond the Pale web site

02-27 July 97  Sender:  "Humphrey Desmond Geiseb" (hum@glasnet.ru)
               Subject: Studying in Moscow

03-27 July 97  Sender:  "M. R. Embury" (embury@surfline.ne.jp)
               Subject: Penpal wanted

04-27 July 97  Sender:  "PEYoungJr" (PEYoungJr@prodigy.net)
               Subject: Need sound

05-27 July 97  Sender:  Leonard Levine (lenprag@terminal.cz)
               Subject: Coming to St. Petersburg!

06-27 July 97  Sender:  michael (mcilone@mail.mia.bellsouth.net)
               Subject: Kinor

07-27 July 97  Sender:  Peter Godefroid (gode@hermes.fho-emden.de)
               Subject: Marketing textbooks in russian language??

08-27 July 97  Sender:  WD Kerr (nstn0262@fox.nstn.ca)
               Subject: Message for posting to "Friends and Partners"

09-27 July 97  Sender:  "Web Ideas International Company" (Webideas@msn.com)
               Subject: Cyrillic Stickers

10-27 July 97  Sender:  wildpoet@pipeline.com
               Subject: Looking for relatives

11-27 July 97  Sender:  Marc Bruyneels (marc.bruyneels@skynet.be)
               Subject: Business in/with Rusian shops/distributors

12-27 July 97  Sender:  HOFFMAN@UONEURO.uoregon.edu
               Subject: research in russia

13-27 July 97  Sender:  Klaus Wellenhofer (kwellenhofer@magnet.at)
               Subject: Need Help!

14-27 July 97  Sender:  "Russian Info&Business Center, Inc." (rusric@erols.com)
               Subject: Cooperation

15-27 July 97  Sender:  yuri@bsf.gomel.by (Yuri Voronezhtsev)
               Subject: Looking for Friends and Partners

BEYOND THE PALE: The History of Jews in Russia

Please read message 01 below for the announcement.  Congratulations to
Megan and colleagues on a most interesting and well designed new site.

Beyond the Pale is the Russian/English language WWW version of an exhibit
that has recently toured in Russia, by Education Against Prejudice, a
non-profit organization. It is an in-depth, illustrated history of Jews in
Russia, with over 400 historical photographs.

Sender:  montana@alaweb.com

I was interested in writing a family in Russia.  I am a fifty year old
chemist from Alabama in the USA.  Please contact me if your are interested
in writing back and forth and learning about each others.

Sender:  106272.2034@compuserve.com

Hello

I am a 46 year old male living in South Eastern United Kingdom.  I would
like an email penpal with similar age Russian person for chat discussions
and exchange of ideas.

Please respond as soon as possible, sorry I cannot speak Russian, though !!!

Regards to everyone here in the global village.

Chris

Sender:  mix@bbs.surgut.ru

Hey Prodigy fans and all music fans, you are welcome to mail me.  Lets
exchange info beetween us.  I will wait for your comments.  Bye all.

Sender:  ehlg2@cam.ac.uk

I'm interested in Travel and the Environment.

I spent some time in 1995 in Kamchatka, and this summer I'm hoping to spend
a month or two in ex-Soviet Central Asia.

I want to look at the ecological situation around the Aral Sea.

I'm studying geography and anthropology.

I'd be interested to share experiences/information on travel and
environmental issues.

E-mail me.

Sender:  ake.hansson@mailbox.swipnet.se

Hi!
This is one of the best things i've found on the net! I think every country
should have something like this. Maybe they have? If YOU have the answer or
would like to know ANYTHING about my country-sweden, please send me an
E-mail. I would also like to meet new friends from all over the world.
I'm 22 years old and lives in the capital of sweden-stockholm. I travell a
lot I just came back from Israel there I lived for 8 month. I'm unemployed
at the moment so I got a lot of time.
Love to hear from you!
Christina

Sender:  lkatz@arcadis.be

Hi,

Who is interested in improving his french?
Or english maybe?
I would like to improve my russian!
Because ya outchous v Russkovo  Yazika Center v Brussele.
Ya zhdu atveta...

Chastlivo

Daniella

Sender:  Bayan@SWBell.net

Hello to all friends around the WORLD!!!!!!!!
My name is Sergei.
I was born in Ukraine,educated in Moscow.
I live in Kansas City,USA.
I'm professional educator.
Also I have my own auto business.
I would love to have friends or partners around
the WORLD.

Sincerely, Sergei

Sender:  upek@vladcomport.ru

Dear friends!!!
It is excellent chance to find the friend in Russia!!!
Write to me and I shall quickly answer you.
My name is Dima. I am 23 years old. I am from Vladivostok (Russia). I work
by the senior economist in seaport. My enthusiasm of trip.

I shall very wait for your letter. Write about self.
My address: upek@vladcomport.ru

Good-bye!!!  Good luck!!!

Sender:  simonov@ssd.sscc.ru

Hello Everyone, This is a nice site and for those who interesting more
about social and science activities in Russia I invite to new experimental
site which locate in my page http://ssd.sscc.ru/simonov/ where you can find
a lot of information about fundraising.  Good luck, I will be glad if you
send me any remarks and suggestions.

Sender:  itb6@reaseheath.ac.uk

Hi I am from England and I am looking for new people to chat with...if
anyone is interested and wants to talk please get in touch at
itb6@reaseheath.ac.uk.. I look forward to hearing from you with love Star

Sender:  matvej@extranet.ru

I very much love Russia and USA!  You made very good site!  Thank you!  I
live in Chelyabinsk (Southern Ural), me 16 year I know English a little,
and study him I interested is computers, internet and other To put it
briefly who wants simply to talk or to make friends with me send the
letters!  Can also mail address give: Russia, Chelyabinsk, Podolskaya 28,
454071 Matvej Savonenko

Sender:  scottss@wa.net

Privyet,

When I was studying Russian in school, we had to memorize a young person's
rhyme called "Moi Dodir'"

If anyone is willing to send me a copy of this very cute recitation in
Russian, I would be most grateful.

Kogda ya izuchal russkiy yazik, nam nado zapomnirovat' detskiy rasskaz"Moi
Dodir'"

Yesli kto-nibud' mozhet poluchat' mnye copiyu etovo cohin priyatniy
rasskaz, ya bi bil ochin rad.  Spacibo.

Scott

Ckot

Sender:  mata@ici.net

I will be hosting two girls from the Chenobyl area for one month. They are
13 and 15 years old. Any suggestions on things they might like or recipes
would be  appreciated!! :)   THANKS   GREAT SITE