01-23 July 97  Sender:  skholov@s-cwis.unomaha.edu
               Subject: from Kholov Siroj

               Subject: from Chris S Goehner

               Subject: from OLGA

               Subject: from Michael Berquist

               Subject: from IRINA

               Subject: from Damon McCoy

               Subject: from Nancy J. Tyminski

               Subject: from Russian Language School

               Subject: from Stephen Marsden

               Subject: from Virginia Geary-Shen

               Subject: from Matvei Finkle

               Subject: from Bob Lewis

               Subject: from RBC

               Subject: from Darlene Voda

               Subject: new on the AmCham website

               Subject: From Yegor

               Subject: Small inquiry (fwd)

               Subject: Hey there!

               Subject: Help wanted in Germany

06-23 July 97  Sender:  cmad8085@uriacc.uri.edu (Cheryl A. Madden)
               Subject: CALL FOR MANUSCRIPTS

07-23 July 97  Sender:  "Mark Foss" (yazyk@halcyon.com)
               Subject: (Fwd) Czech Flood Appeal for Assistance

08-23 July 97  Sender:  "Valeri Nikolov" (novotika95@rousse.bg400.bg)
               Subject: Proposal From Bulgaria

09-23 July 97  Sender:  "A.Karasulas" (hekisan@netro.com.au)
               Subject: Martial Arts in Russia.

10-23 July 97  Sender:  Center for Civil Society International
                        (ccsi@u.washington.edu)
               Subject: From Nyet to Da

11-23 July 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
               Subject: CALL FOR MANUSCRIPTS (fwd)

12-23 July 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
               Subject: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview July 20th, 1997,

13-23 July 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
               Subject: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview July 13th, 1997

14-23 July 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
               Subject: A Succinct Primer to Email Lists

15-23 July 97  Sender:  "Dr. Pyotr Johannevich van de Waal-Palms,
                         American_Bank, USA" (palbank@eskimo.com)

Sender:  skholov@s-cwis.unomaha.edu

What's up,everybody?  I'm from Tajikistan(former Soviet Republic) and
curently studing business in University of Nebraska at Omaha.  My hobby is
making friends and I'm looking for people with the same interest.  I'm
waiting!  Write me!

Sender:  gaokuise@centuryinter.net

Looks like a good thing for our two countries could possibly start with
effort and determination from both sides.  A union of this magnitude with
peace and harmony as our goals would be mutually beneficial for everyone.
I wish F & P the best of fortune!

Sender:  www.power2000.com

Hi everybody!!!!!

Are there any one in the world who read this page from Moscow,
Chertanovo,from school #565? I live in Chicago now and Iam 32 years
old.I'd like to hear some news from someone I possibly new before!

Privet Chertanovo!!!!!  From Chicago.

Sender:  mike.berquist@medtronic.com

Hi,

I'm looking for Aza Khabrieva.  She most likely lives in St.  Petersburg.
If you run across her, or her e-mail address, would you please have her
drop me an e-mail.  Thanks very much, Michael

Sender:  volga@iol.it

Hi, I'm Russian but I live now in Italy. I am 36 years old and I'm looking
for new friends. Is there anybody who wants write me?

Sender:  dl-mccoy@students.uiuc.edu

I am a graduate student in Slavic linguists and I looking for good friends
in Russia.  I lived in St.  Petersburg for a year and am fluent in Russia.
My computer has Cyrillic capabilities.

Sender:  pachelbela@aol.com

I am new to this area but so far it appears to be great.  I have Russian
friends and I am very interested in learning the language. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Sender:  kapuz@aol

Russian Language School for everybody.  If you are interested in learning
Russian please contact RLS at kapuz@aol.com or tel (425) 702-8381

Sender:  Herbal@dialnet.net

I'll be going to Moscow the first week of September, then on to Kemerovo
the next week for three weeks.  Could help me find someone that speeks
English and has Email in Kemerovo or Novosibirsk?

Thank you for your help
Stephen Marsden
International Agricultural Consultant

http://www.HerbalAdvantage.com
Herbal@HerbalAdvantage.com

Sender:  SSSHEN@worldnet.att.net

I am interested in writing friends from all over the world.  I live on a
farm in Iowa, United States, with my husband and two daughters.  Our
youngest daughter was adopted from Russia.  We have many pets including
horses, ponies, llamas, bunnies...Would enjoy all letters!

Sender:  mfinkel@gntech.net

As Russian like to say: "Everyting is forbidden but nothing is impossible".
Your dorect connection to information, products, archives, business amd
people in Russia and the former USSR Matvei Finkel Russian-American Island
509-467-5562 http://ftp.turbonet.com/cwd/siberian.htm
http://www.sanfranciscobay.com/AmericanIsle/pins.htm

Sender:  robert.lewis@usa.net

Hi,

I found this site by accident.  I would like to correspond with anyone in
Russia.  I live in the USA and have always had an interest in Russia and
its people.  Drop me a note, I will answer all emails.

Bob Lewis

Sender:  rbc@msn.com

Welcome to RBC.  Largest russian music store in US.

http://www.brainlink.com/~al1/rbc

Sender:  dane@epix.net

Hi!  What a great idea "Friends and Partners" is!  I'm a middle aged lady
from northeast Pennsylvania, USA who has many interests:music,
gardening,craftwork and sewing,reading and genealogy.  I don't read,speak
or write the Russian language, but I wish I could.  My grandparents were
born in the Ukraine,Galicia-Sambor District-villages of Laka, Dublany and
Tatary.  I would enjoy very much corresponding (either by e-mail or postal)
with anyone who has a knowledge of this general area.  Also, could anyone
tell me if there might be available any genealogical information on the
family Tchaikovsky (Ilya Petrovich 1795-1880), father of the composer,
Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.  I am seeking information on this family up to
any present day descendants.

Hoping to hear from someone I can exchange friendship and information with!
Postal address: Darlene S.  Voda RR1 Box 109-A Laceyville.  PA 18623-9619

Sender:  Bill Fick (bill@samovar.ru)

The July-August issue of AmCham News, the journal of the American Chamber
of Commerce in Russia,is now available on the web at http://www.amcham.ru

This issue is devoted to "Investment in Russia."

Sender:  "Egor" (tumba@glas.apc.org)

Hi, people.

My name is Yegor.  I am 28 y.o.  Russian male.  I want to find some
interesting people in the net.  If you have something interesting to tell
me then e-mail me.  tumba@glas.apc.org

Sender:  "Miranda, Rafael" (Rafael_Miranda@tvratings.com)

Dear Friends and Partners:

I would like to send a friend of mine in Rostov-on-Don $40 dollars.  I
already tried the mail but it was confiscated (I guess it is an improvement
over stealing) and I was hoping you knew of somebody who will be going to
Rostov-on-Don in the next couple of days so that I can ask them to deliver
the money for me.

I am also looking for a pen pal in Rostov-on-Don with e-mail.

Sincerely

Rafael Miranda
625 E. 8th court
Hialeah, Florida 33010-4619
USA
(305) 885-0542

Sender:  "Greg G. Gleinig" (ggleinig@swbell.net)

I am from Dallas Texas and was interested in talking with anyone in Russia
about every day life and events.

Email me!

-Greg G. Gleinig

Sender:  "Pashkova, Tanya" (Tanya@chap.FreeNet.Kiev.Ua)

Hi there!  I am a student at an American University in its Kyiv's branch,
Ukraine I will be traveling to Germany starting from August 1, 1997.I am
planning to stay there for 1 week, then proceed to Netherlands, where my
friend lives.  I have never been to Germany before and I do not know
German, just English and some French.  If you are interested in showing me
some nice places in Germany or if you have any ideas what I should see
there, you can contact me before July 28 on my e-mail address.  Thanks for
your help in advance Hope to hear from you soon Tanya Pashkova

Sender:  cmad8085@uriacc.uri.edu (Cheryl A. Madden)

Call For Manuscripts: Book Project
The B/Na Debates: Identity, Ideology, and Language in [the] Ukraine

Since independence, a number of issues have developed concerning Ukraine's
right to define itself in and on its own terms. But perhaps no issue has
proven to be more perplexing than that articulated across discussion groups,
listservers, and a number of scholarly communities: the use (or misuse) of
the article "the" in Ukraine's official title.

Seeing the need for further discussion on this issue both within the
scholarly community and the international community, Alfred G. Mueller of
Wesleyan College and Cheryl A. Madden of the University of Rhode Island have
agreed to co-edit a compendium devoted to this topic. The editors envision a
book that addresses all sides of the subject, including, but not limited to,
the following:

--What is at stake in the use or in the absence of the article "the" when
referencing Ukraine? Who or what comprise the various camps who stand to
gain/lose on this issue?

--Is this an issue of concern for the Ukrainian community? Has it eclipsed
more important national concerns unnecessarily? Is it a topic of extreme
national importance for Ukrainians? Does the issue impact only a relative few
in academia?

--Are there alternatives that should be considered? What does the process of
"naming" entail? Who should decide the issue?

Those wishing to participate in this discussion, which has come to dominate
the attention of many in recent weeks, are asked to prepare finished
manuscripts that directly address the Ukrainian situation. Submitted
manuscripts should contain no more than 30 pages of text, should omit
any and all references to the author or the author's affiliation in the body
of the text to facilitate blind review, and should conform to current
standards of either APA or MLA with regard to endnotes, footnotes, and
in-text citations.
Submissions will be accepted until December 15, 1997.

For further information regarding the project or for mailing information, you
are asked to contact the editors directly at their respective e-mail
addresses:

Al Mueller
Wesleyan College
almueller@aol.com

Cheryl Madden
University of Rhode Island
cmad8085@uriacc.uri.edu

Graduate students and new faculty are especially encouraged to submit
materials.

Sender:  "Mark Foss" (yazyk@halcyon.com)

Greetings.  I'm passing this on to this list in the hope that there
is someone here who might be able to help.  Please respond to William
West at the email address shown below.

Regards,
Mark Foss