01-01 July 97  Sender:  alcus@mail.internet.com.mx
               Subject: from Cristina Navidad

               Subject: from Oigen Priodl

               Subject: from Katia

               Subject: from Kelly W

               Subject: from Erik Blender

               Subject: from Tammie Barnes (Tigger)

               Subject: First Names

               Subject: Re: Digest for 97-06-27

               Subject: Posting

               Subject: INTERESTED ?

               Subject: Democracy consultant

               Subject: Russian exchange student

               Subject: Elementary Schools

08-01 July 97  Sender:  Lupe & Girls (lupe@comlynx.com)
               Subject: Moscow Move

09-01 July 97  Sender:  Richard Lambert (videos@impulse.net)
               Subject: Living in Russia Today

10-01 July 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
               Subject: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview June 29th

Sender:  alcus@mail.internet.com.mx

I am from Mexico and I find russian friend.  I am 24 years old.  Please
write me.  Thank you very much.

Sender:  starway@klaipeda.omnitel.net

Thanks to your club!  I search for the friends, of talking in Russian, In
Argentina.  It is necessary I shall answer

Sender:  Konson@allegheny.edu

Hey Guys!!! Great site, and a lot of interesting people to talk to!!! I am
4th year Physician Assistant student, and I live in Philadelphia, PA
(although I was born in Leningrad, Russia). I am 24 year old and a very
open-minded person, who loves to study and learn new things constantly. If
you have any questions, or just want to talk to me - you are welcomed to
write... Love You All!!!

Sender:  kmweber@hotmail.com

I am very interested in the stuff that you have listed.  It has help me out
alot on the stuff I have had to do.  Thank you for your help.  I hope you
enjoy reading this.  Monday, June 16, 1997

Sender:  eblender@brynmawr.edu

Hello all!  I am interested in organizations that take volunteers in
Moscow.  I will be taking a group of American college students to Moscow
very soon, and one way for them to practice their  Russian is to do
volunteer work.

If anyone has any information about any such organizations (soup kitchens,
park clean ups, humanitarian aid, etc), please let me know how to contact
them.

Thanks,
Erik
eblender@brynmawr.edu

Sender:  tammiebarnes@thezone.net

I was just surfin' and found this site, and I think this is great.  I am
looking for new cyber penpals so if you wish drop a line.

Sender:  jadi@ix.netcom.com

Hello,

Would you know of any way to obtain a listing of Russian first names
with, perhaps, their English equivalent, if any?  Much obliged if you
know of anything.

Lynne

Sender:  DrVbuzz@aol.com

Hopefully I can find someone in St Petersburg who can pass along email to a
genealogist there that is doing research for me.  I was in that great city
last July conferred with this gentleman and also enjoyed the city.  It would
certainly be a big help as you can imagine.........Victor

Sender:  ElliotLW@aol.com

I would like to post the following message.

Hi, I have been e-mailing to 2 people in Chelyabinsk.  But I have not
received anything from them for awhile.  If anybody knows Sergey and his
sister Anna Ivanov at Sergey.Ivanov@p35.f30.n5010.z2.fidonet.org (Sergey
Ivanov), please let me know what happened and how I can reach them again.   I
am also looking for other people to e-mail in Russia to learn more and make
new international friends.  All e-mail will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Sender:  lokesh (lokesh@adiblr1.soft.net)

Hello All,

My name is Lokesh from INDIA.  I am very interested in knowing
the culture, language, religion, people of "Usbekistan."  If anyone know any
information source, sites or anything please Let me know

								-Lokesh

Sender:  chatan@idi.org.il

I am affiliated with the Israel Democracy Institute in Jerusalem, Israel.
The Israel Democracy Institute is a public policy research organization
dedicated to improving the functioning of Israel's democratic system (the
Web site is www.idi.org.il). As a result, I have access to an extensive
library of materials related to various aspects of democracy and
democratization. If you are affiliated with a public policy research
organization in any of the states of the former Soviet Union concerned with
democracy, and would like to receive consulting services in the form of
research or just plain advice on issues related to democracy and/or
dcemocratization, please get in touch with me. My CV can be accessed at:
www.technion.ac.il/technion/aliyah/olim/chatan.html. Also, I am fluent in
Russian, so I can provide these services in Russian.

Sender:  jprand@mer.cioe.com

My first message to this website was to ask for information on the town to
which we were travelling this past January to adopt two preschool-age
children (and received some wonderful responses!).  Apparently we couldn't
get enough of our new Russian connection, as we are now going to host a
15-year-old Russian student for three weeks.  I saw a couple of messages
tonight from others who are also hosting Russian exchange students this
summer, and it gave me the idea to ask for assistance in making their stay
more productive and enjoyable.  This is kind of last-minute, as I know it
takes a while for a message to be posted, but in case it's not TOO late, I
would appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Pam in Northwest Indiana

Sender:  Lupe & Girls (lupe@comlynx.com)

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help.  We will be moving to Moscow
in July/Aug and I have 2 children (8 and 6) who we would like to go to
school in Moscow.  I understand the British/Embassy schools are very
expensive.  Could someone help w/ the names/phone/info of private Russian
schools.  Does anyone know if they accept children that DO NOT speak
Russian?  Do they have some sort of ESL program?  Any help would be
appreciated.  please respond to: lupe@comlynx.com Thank you.  L.Lopatinsky

Sender:  Lupe & Girls (lupe@comlynx.com)

Hello,
I have just a few more questions if anyone
can help.  We are going to Moscow for a year.

  1. Are there any consumer goods we should consider
     bringing in bulk that are hard to find over there.
     Pampers, coffee, toothpaste????

  2. Is the water safe to drink in Moscow? Is there any way
     of obtaining organic/natural foods?  especially milk.

  3. How should we go about finding an apartment in Moscow?
     Any recommended agencies? English-speaking areas of Moscow
     that we could search for?

  4. Is there any illness or health problem in Moscow that
     we should vaccinate the children against or be aware of?

  5. We hear everything is very expensive should we bring our
     own kitechen equipment, pillows, sheets, etc. or is can we
     just get those over there? How furnished is a "furnished apt."?

Any comments or suggestions to prepare us for this trip would be
appreciated.  Please respond to: lupe@comlynx.com Thank you very much!

Sender:  Richard Lambert (videos@impulse.net)

Greetings,

Last month, I posted this letter and received many replies.  If any
subscriber missed the posting and wishes to receive a free copy of this
newspaper, just let us know.

I am a video producer from Santa Barbara.  In July, our firm is releasing a
30-minute program entitled, "Living in Russia Today." It is the first
volume in a series to be distributed to American high schools and
universities for classroom instruction.

The program was shot in Russia and is designed as a candid portrait of real
life in the new Russia.  The video features interviews with many Russians
who reveal how they feel about their leaders...family
life...crime...Americans...the future...their new democracy...etc.

We have published an eight-page newspaper which accompanies the video.  The
paper includes interviews, Internet resources, excerpts from the video and
travel information.  If any subscribers to this list wish to have us send a
free copy of the newspaper to you, we will be happy to do it.  Email us
your snail mail address, and we'll send the paper to you.

Sincerely.

Richard Lambert President, The Idea Bank videos@impulse.net

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview June 29th, 1997,

Greetings,

   The latest *preview* of the Ukrainian Weekly is now available
on the Ukraine FAQ Plus site!  This is an exclusive regular
feature each week containing timely and the most up to date
information on Ukraine and the Ukrainian Diaspora available
on Internet.

   The Ukrainian Weekly is the largest weekly newspaper (in English)
extant in the Western world covering Ukrainian issues both in Ukraine
and in the Ukrainian Diaspora.   The preview is available on Internet at
the address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project.  You can obtain
subscription information in order to read the complete articles
when you visit the web-site.  The Ukrainian Weekly is funded by
the Ukrainian National Association and your subscriptions.  Their website
may be perused at http://www.tryzub.com/UNA/.

   We also have a new little section in the "About Ukraine" page
where people may request that their pages dealing (accurately)
with Ukraine may be enplaced!  Drop us an email at faq@tryzub.com

   Please note that one may now browse the FAQ project using
an advanced three dimensional navigational tool.  Point your
browser to http://www.tryzub.com/ for information on how
to download the plug-in for your browser and the actual "mcf"
image which is used for this.

We also have a search engine where you can search through
most of the contents on TryzubSite.  Give it a try and let
us know what you think!  Send email to WebMaster@Tryzub.com

TryzubSite is one of the quickest growing and most visited sites for matters
Ukrainian on Internet. Located at http://www.tryzub.com/, it is currently
host to several organizations. For information and to report problems
such as these, e-mail should always be sent to the attention of the site†s
webmaster to the address: WebMaster@TRYZUB.com. Contacting the webmaster
is the best way to guarantee that any problems are resolved in the most
efficient manner.

The address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project is now:

http://www.std.com/sabre/UKRAINE.html

Either click the button labelled "Current Events" by the
Tryzub (Trident) graphic or scroll down and click the
"Current Events" section summary to access this latest
news.

As always, please feel free to email us at faq@tryzub.com