01-24 June 97  Sender:  "Alex M. Lidman" (alex@lidman.rosmail.com)
               Subject: penpals

               Subject: september visit to russia

               Subject: Russian rhetoric

               Subject: homepage

               Subject: grinko

               Subject: looking for my nephew

               Subject: Russian-English Translations

               Subject: SOROS Foundation: directing donations to Russia

               Subject: Moscow Times WebWatch for June 10

               Subject: TAMBOV Help Needed, Molokan Conference

               Subject: TryzubSite: SUCHASNIST' - the April issue is now

               Subject: please help

               Subject: Participants and sponsors are welcome to International

               Subject: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview June 15, 1997

16-24 June 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
               Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus Presents: After NATO expands

17-24 June 97  Sender:  Eric Fenster (efenster@igc.apc.org)
               Subject: Moscow:850th birthday study trip

Sender:  "Alex M. Lidman" (alex@lidman.rosmail.com)

Hi,
I'm Serge Karapetov from Russia, North Caucasus. I'm 14 years old.
I would like to get a correspondence with the boy of my age from
the America. Unfortunatly a don't speak English well so I will glad
to have a penpal friend who speak Russia a little.
Waiting your answer,
Serge

Sender:  AUGWWIRUS@aol.com

Greetings, i'm planning to visit moscow and st.  petersburg in september
for archival research on history of russian military aviation history
1909-1922.

Would appreciate potential sources, libraries, addresses, contact names,
e-mail address, hours, etc.  Thank you very much, August Blume at
AUGWWIRUS@AOL.COM

Sender:  Larissa Reuer (lnreuer@omni.cc.purdue.edu)

I am doing research on the history of Russian rhetoric.  I am interested
in the 18th century, with the central figures of Lomonosov and
Trediakovsky.  If anyone knows of someone doing similar work, could you
please let me know?  I appreciate your help.

Larissa Reuer
English Department
Purdue University

Sender:  Larry Allen (larrysplace@juno.com)

Hello!  My name is Aidin Kadirov.  I'm an FSA exchange student from Baku
currently living in USA.  I have my own web page and I'd like to include it
to your list.  Take a look at it if you can :
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/1860

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Aidin K.  Kadirov P.S.  My email address is aidin@juno.com

Sender:  Sandra Skerritt (SSkerritt@tridel.com)

My friend, Ed Grinko, is looking for any family.  Father, Ivan Grinko left
Belarus (Minsk), arrived Toronto, Canada 1948.  He was the eldest of 8
sons.  He passed away many years ago, mother also.  Twin brother died soon
after birth.  Where would be the best place to start seaching?  Any
information would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Sender:  JUAN JESUS MANYA SALAS (chaska@unsaac.edu.pe)

Greetings...I am hoping your organization can help me get in contact via
email with my nephew who lives in the Solchiniya area of Moscow.  His
name is Miguel Munoz and his telephone number is 731 42 39. Do you know
of a place where he can access email? I would appreciate it if you could
help us in this communication matter. In any case, please let me know if
this message was received and also if I can help your organization with
anything..russian,english,or spanish is ok. My address here in Cusco,
Peru is fps2603@quenqo.unsaac.edu.pe. SPASIBO BOLSHOI..Fredy Palma
Sanchez

Sender:  chatan@idi.org.il

If there is anybody on this list who needs books or articles translated from
Russian to English, please contact me at: chatan@idi.org.il. I specialize in
the following subjects: Social Sciences, International Relations, Military
Affairs, History, Theology (especially Christianity and Judaism), Computers
(including computer software user manuals). I can also translate from French
or Spanish to English in the same subject material for those who are
interested.

Sender:  Cindy Worster (cmw@jabba.hao.ucar.edu)

I am looking for contact information for the person(s) at the SOROS
Foundation who would be in charge of directing donations (scientific
equipment, scientific journals) to persons and/or institutions in Russia.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sender:  "Vladimir N. Kopylov" (vkopylov@issp.ac.ru)

Everybody can have his own free homepage (512K). See information at
"http://www.freebee.techno.ru/webmaster"
Best wishes to friends and partners!

-------------------------------------

Vladimir N. Kopylov,
Institute of Solid State Physics
Russian Academy of Sciences,
Chernogolovka, Mosc. Distr.,
142432, Russia
fax: 7-096-5764111

Sender:  Bill Fick (bill@samovar.ru)

The June 10 edition of the Moscow Times WebWatch column is now available
on-line at http://www.samovar.ru/col.htm

"Russia Joins the Push to Push" looks at "push" technology, or software that
feeds information directly to your desktop, in the Russian context after the
release of "RussianNews Ticker".

Sender:  "Andrew John Conovaloff" (80965@ef.gc.maricopa.edu)

E-mail and/or Internet help needed in Tambov for:

MOLOKAN* HISTORY Conference to be in TAMBOV, RUSSIA

AUGUST 1 - 4, 1997

This first ever international conference will explore
the archives, discuss the history of the Molokans and
"spiritual christianity" in Russia from 1600s, and
ways to continue the movement into the next century.

Conference will be held at and all attendees are invited
to stay at the Tambov Cartiological Sanatorium.

Invited are Molokans* from America, Australia, Russia (FSU),
and anyone else interested -- scholars, students, etc. --
especially the youth.

Complete trip cost from San Francisco: $1,500+

You'll need copy of passport and 3 visa photos.

In the US contact:
	Antonina Pushkarow    Tel/fax: 415-826-1354
 	860 Kansas Street
 	San Francisco  CA  94107

In Russia contact:
        392018, g. Tambov, ul. Shirokaia 77
        Vologin, Ivan Tim.
        telephone: (075-2) 51-98-61

If you live in Tambov and have an e-mail or internet account
and can help, please immediately contact me:
        Andrei Conovaloff (( 80965@ef.gc.maricopa.edu ))

I want to set up a web-site to post the daily proceedings of
this conference from Tambov. Maybe F&P can provide some space.
I've asked IREX several times, but they never replied.

* Molokans are bible-centered christians whose history originates
  from the "spiritual christian" movement (SCM) in central Russia
  (Tambov) in the 1600s. Mainly peasants, they rejected the
  orthodox imposed dogma in favor of "free thinking" and
  what was written in the new Bible. The SCM divided into
  Molokans, Doukhobors, and other sectarian groups and sub-groups.
  There are 3 sub-groups of Molokans in America, most in California.
  Molokans were so nicknamed for not fasting on designated days,
  rather drinking forbidden milk (Russian: "moloko", hence
  "Molokani" or "milk drinkers"). For reference material goto:
  http://www.gc.maricopa.edu/~schwalm/conov/station.htm

A.J. CONOVALOFF
"The Molokan Cyber-Cowboy"
PSP Support Groups of Arizona
80965@ef.gc.maricopa.edu

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
Subject: TryzubSite: SUCHASNIST' - the April issue is now available online!

Greetings.

Suchasnist'

The Foremost Contemporary Journal of Literary Ukraine.

"Yet one journal, Suchanist' (The Contemporary Scene), publishes new novels
which are studied and debated by everyone who reads Ukrainian.  Under other
circumstances these works might become bestsellers, though at the moment
they rarely appear as separate books..."

Solomea Pavlychko - Facing Freedom: The New Ukrainian Literature
translated by Askold Melnyczuk
"From Three Worlds -- New Writing From Ukraine"

Please check http://www.tryzub.com/Suchasnist for information and this month's
featured article (in Ukrainian).

Please direct all web-related questions to webmaster@tryzub.com

Sender:  Jeremy Shorr (jshorr@pobox.com)

Hello, my name is Jeremy Shorr and I work in the Entertainment department
at Sea World of Ohio.  We currently have a world showcase gymnastics/diving
show with athletes from around the world.  Most of the gymnists are from
Russia and Belaruse (sp?).  Many of them are close to my age (15-24) and
are extremely nice, however they have an EXTREMELY limited english
vocabulary.  I can usually manage to get my point across and vice versa,
but I was wondering if you would please send me a list of several common
words and phrases in English and with a Russian transliteration.  I have
found the language very interesting and next year I am going to look into
taking some courses, however I only have 2-3 months with these people and I
would like to be able to communicate a little bit with them.  Thank you for
your time.

Jeremy Shorr

Jeremy Shorr
jshorr@pobox.com
http://pobox.com/~jshorr/

Fear is the lock, and laughter the key to your heart

Sender:  "A. Tarasenko" (at@u-tri.nsu.ru)
Subject: Participants and sponsors are welcome to International Symposium
"Environment, Health, and Development in Siberia"

First International Symposium
"ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH, AND DEVELOPMENT IN SIBERIA"
Novosibirsk, Russia, August, 3-10 1997

Organized by:
UNESCO Chair "Sustainable Development, Environmental Sciences and Social
Problems" at Novosibirsk State University;
Commission of Health, Environment and Development of the International
Geographic Union.

SCOPE
The main topics of the Symposium:
1.Organizing and methodological problems of research of the
interrelationships
"environment - health -sustainable development"
2.Ecological education, tution, bringing up in the establishment of
sustainable development system
3.Indicators, methods, methodics of the research of the interrelationships
"ecology - health"
4.Economics, population, health in the establishment of the sustainable
development system.

SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
The abstracts should be sent in electronic form by July 01, 1997, to
e-mail:
vlasov@lab.nsu.ru
root@unesco_chair.nsu.ru
stas@lsp.nsu.ru
at@u-tri.nsu.ru
typed preferably in MS Word, though LATEX or simple MS DOS text are also
acceptable.

SYMPOSIUM FEE
The Symposium fee will cover a copy of the compiled abstracts of
presentations; symposium reception; local transport; a symposium  dinner;
coffee-breakes; sightseeing in Novosibirsk.
Registration fees of US$250 should be paid by July 01, 1997 by bank
transfer.
Beneficiary: Novosibirsk State University (NSU)
Beneficiary ac.: 000070851
Bank of Beneficiary: Sibecobank Corp., Novosibirsk, Russia
Correspondent account: 608 213 810
Bank Correspondent of the Bank of Beneficiary:
Republican National Bank of New York
New York, USA
Registration fees could also be paid in cash at the registration.

ACCOMODATION
The Symposium will be held in the Novosibirsk Scientific 	Centre
(Akademgorodok) which is located near Obskoy Sea, surrounded by beautiful
forests. Temperatures range from 22-25 'C during daytime in the first weeks
of August.
Organizing Committee has reserved accomodation for the	participants at the
Hotel "Zolotaia Dolina" and University hostel.
The rate in the hotel is US$35, US$50 (single) and US$70 (apartment).
The rate in the hostel is about US$20.

ADDRESS OF ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
1st International Symposium "ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH, AND DEVELOPMENT IN
SIBERIA",
Unesco chair, Novosibirsk State University, 2 Pirogova st., Novosibirsk,
630090, Russia.
Phone/fax: +7 (3832) 397232 (for Roudneva T.P., Novosibirsk)
Fax: +7 (3832) 354851 (for Gichev Yu.P., Novosibirsk)
Fax in Moscow +7 (095) 9581421 (for Malkhasova S.M.)

E-mail: root@unesco_chair.nsu.ru
http://u-tri.nsu.ru/sym/symposium.htm

------
A. TAPACEHKO
at@u-tri.nsu.ru
at@kassi.nsu.ru
at@clan.nsu.ru

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview June 15, 1997,

Greetings,

   The latest *preview* of the Ukrainian Weekly is now available
on the Ukraine FAQ Plus site!  This is an exclusive regular
feature each week containing timely and the most up to date
information on Ukraine and the Ukrainian Diaspora available
on Internet.

   The Ukrainian Weekly is the largest weekly newspaper (in English)
extant in the Western world covering Ukrainian issues both in Ukraine
and in the Ukrainian Diaspora.   The preview is available on Internet at
the address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project.  You can obtain
subscription information in order to read the complete articles
when you visit the web-site.  The Ukrainian Weekly is funded by
the Ukrainian National Association and your subscriptions.  Their website
may be perused at http://www.tryzub.com/UNA/.

   We also have a new little section in the "About Ukraine" page
where people may request that their pages dealing (accurately)
with Ukraine may be enplaced!  Drop us an email at faq@tryzub.com

   Please note that one may now browse the FAQ project using
an advanced three dimensional navigational tool.  Point your
browser to http://www.tryzub.com/ for information on how
to download the plug-in for your browser and the actual "mcf"
image which is used for this.

We also have a search engine where you can search through
most of the contents on TryzubSite.  Give it a try and let
us know what you think!  Send email to WebMaster@Tryzub.com

TryzubSite is one of the quickest growing and most visited sites for matters
Ukrainian on Internet. Located at http://www.tryzub.com/, it is currently
host to several organizations. For information and to report problems
such as these, e-mail should always be sent to the attention of the site†s
webmaster to the address: WebMaster@TRYZUB.com. Contacting the webmaster
is the best way to guarantee that any problems are resolved in the most
efficient manner.

The address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project is now:

http://www.std.com/sabre/UKRAINE.html

Either click the button labelled "Current Events" by the
Tryzub (Trident) graphic or scroll down and click the
"Current Events" section summary to access this latest
news.

As always, please feel free to email us at faq@tryzub.com

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)

Greetings,

Freedom House and The Ukrainian Institute of America present:
After NATO Expands: Consequences for Ukraine and the Baltics
Wednesday, June 4th, 1997
Click on the "Current Events" section of the Ukraine FAQ Plus
Project to access this.

[...]

The address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project is still:

bohdan@panix.com                      Personal email
bohdan@tryzub.com                     Business email
faq@tryzub.com                        Ukraine FAQ+ email

Sender:  Eric Fenster (efenster@igc.apc.org)

The 1997 month long Moscow study trip about which information was
previously posted here has just been completed. To keep this message
brief, I can send you the daily schedule on request.

Before leaving Moscow, the host institution invited me to bring a
group for the two weeks surrounding the major celebration being
prepared for the 850th anniversary of the founding of the city.

I agreed to measure potential interest since this would be an
exceptional opportunity for people who have wanted to participate in
these study trips but could not manage the time and/or cost of the
usual four week version

Because of the cultural and other events connected with the
anniversary, the study component would be less intensive than usual,
but we would still have a substantive program dealing with Russia's
political, economic and social transition.

The likely dates are August 29-September 13. Time is short to make all
necessary arrangements, so I need to know quickly if there is adequate
interest.

For more details, send e-mail to efenster@igc.org

Thank you,
Eric Fenster

consisting of one line of the following format:

   Greg Cole, Director
   Center for International Networking Initiatives
   The University of Tennessee System                Phone:  (423) 974-7277
   2000 Lake Avenue                                    FAX:  (423) 974-8022
   Knoxville, TN  37996                     Email:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu
   http://www.friends-partners.org/friends/