Digest 06-11-97

01-11 June 97  Training in US Business Practices Over the Internet

RECENT GUESTBOOK ENTRIES . . .

01-11 June 97  Sender:  rbstem@msn.com
               Subject: from Beth Stem

02-11 June 97  Sender:  vspero@umd5.umd.edu
               Subject: from Valeria Spero

03-11 June 97  Sender:  riccip@ms.com
               Subject: from Piero Ricci

04-11 June 97  Sender:  trez@execpc.com
               Subject: from Michelle L. Trzecinski

05-11 June 97  Sender:  lt119@idt.net
               Subject: from Lowell Turner

06-11 June 97  Sender:  dls@mpx.org
               Subject: from Debra Squire

07-11 June 97  Sender:  polpho@flash.net
               Subject: from Jim Pollick

08-11 June 97  Sender:  chesspieceface1@hotmail.com
               Subject: from Sandra Fluke

09-11 June 97  Sender:  tlingua@ctc-mundo.net
               Subject: from teodoro lingua

10-11 June 97  Sender:  smiller1@erols.com
               Subject: from patti christie miller

RECENT EMAIL . . .

01-11 June 97  Sender:  "A. Vernitskii" (asvern@essex.ac.uk)
               Subject: more young writers

02-11 June 97  Sender:  bboswell@aaas.org (BBOSWELL)
               Subject: Translators in Vladivostok

03-11 June 97  Sender:  JTrent75@aol.com
               Subject: Russian Military Medals

04-11 June 97  Sender:  Kris Kahnert (sportingman@earthlink.net)
               Subject: Visiting Russia

05-11 June 97  Sender:  Lighthouse Christian Fellowship (lthous1@aol.com)
               Subject: Local servers list for Vladimir Russia

06-11 June 97  Sender:  Steve Milholland (swampy@smartnet.net)
               Subject: Russian Marriage customs

07-11 June 97  Sender:  "Tatiana Ramos André" (tramos@lasalle.g12.br)
               Subject: Correct e-mail address

08-11 June 97  Sender:  WD Kerr (nstn0262@fox.nstn.ca)
               Subject: Digest postings

09-11 June 97  Sender:  Bill Fick (bill@samovar.ru)
               Subject: American Chamber of Commerce in Russia

10-11 June 97  Sender:  bryanh@igateway.net (Bryan & Cyndi Hupperts)
               Subject: Who runs Russian radio?

11-11 June 97  Sender:  S Hodgson (tipl@dial.pipex.com)
               Subject: Export of software to Russia

12-11 June 97  Sender:  Kisthardtd@ufrsd.k12.nj.us
               Subject: Help

13-11 June 97  Sender:  JMCOE@tayloru.edu
               Subject: Translators Needed for Conference

14-11 June 97  Sender:  Kevin Andreassend (russkidom@xtra.co.nz)
               Subject: Re: Correct Address Please

15-11 June 97  Sender:  Richard Lambert (videos@impulse.net)
               Subject: "Living in Russia Today"

16-11 June 97  Sender:  Chris Kedzie (C.KEDZIE@fordfound.org)
               Subject: Program Officer for Eastern Europe

17-11 June 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
               Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview June
1st, 1997, is

Training in US Business Practices Over the Internet

Learn the best practices of US business.  This course is for individuals
and organizations who wish to significantly improve their business decision
making skills (strategy, marketing, manufacturing, finance and accounting).
It is also for those who work with US business people and want to better
understand their way of thinking and making decisions.

The learning method is focused on decision making and not memorization.
Participants are placed in a business war game where they must run a
company and compete in the marketplace for two years of business (ten
weeks).  The course is delivered over the Internet and available to anyone,
anywhere in the world.

Please see the Education and Science Page or directly at URL:

http://www.acad.utk.edu/marketplace/

Sender:  rbstem@msn.com

This is to Tanya Podlesnaja.  I received your e-mail but you didn't send me
yours and I don't know if I can ever find your again.  Please e-mail me
with your address.  I want to respond to your sweet letter and maybe see
you when I am in Crimea.

Sender:  vspero@umd5.umd.edu

I am a teacher at Parkdale High School in Riverdale, MD, not far from the
University of Maryland in College Park.  This year, it was my pleasure to
meet and to teach a foreign exchange student from Russia.  Her name is Anna
Pantchenko, and I hate to see her leave in a few weeks.  Hopefully, when
she returns to Russia, she will be able to keep in touch.

Sender:  riccip@ms.com

Hi all,

This is Piero from Italy.I am very interested in Russian Karelja
and Archangel area.  I have been there already but I am planning to come
again Last time I was in Petrozavodsk, always for touristic purposes and
maybe I am there in July: I am planning to cross the border in Miirala
Finland.  Anyone who can can give info or even make as my travel guide please
get in touch ciao.

Sender:  trez@execpc.com

SHALOM Russian Jews, My name is Michelle L. Trzecinski. I am 18 years old.
This site look fine to me. "NIZKOR". About 12 million Jews in world was
killed in Holocaust camps in between 1930's-1955. This four years was so
awful to Jews worldwide. I was change my religion from catholic to Jewish
just few weeks ago. I want russian Jews woman (between 18 to 22) be able to
write to me. I speak english but, I learning two Jewish words. Can you
teach me some more Jewish words?  How Russia looked today?  Do you like
Russia?  I have much respect for your religion  so, Is my religion too. I
live in U.S.A.. SHALOM, Michelle L. Trzecinski--- AMERICAN JEWS.

Sender:  lt119@idt.net

Live in Texas, interested in making friends in all parts of Russia and the
CIS.  At one time, I was learning Russian, but that was decades ago in
college, and what little Russian I still have is ochen ploxha!  I'm
interested in learning what life is like over there, and welcome hearing
from anyone.

Sender:  dls@mpx.org

I find this site by accident!  I am interested in corresponding with
someone in Russia.  I had a pen pal in Moscow at one time and we wrote to
each through the fax for two years and I can no longer find him.  Does
anyone know e-mail for Vitaly Belikov in Moscow?

I am 56 years old and live in Kansas City, Missouri USA.  Hope to hear from
someone.  Sorry cannot speak Russian -

Would also be interested in pen pals from any other part of the world.

Sender:  polpho@flash.net

This is really a great site.  any russian photographers interested in
american photography, or anyone knowledgable about Lithuania?  peace

Sender:  chesspieceface1@hotmail.com

Hello.  I am currently studying Russia in high school.  I am doing an extra
credit report on several facets of Russian culture.  I think websites such
as this one are a step in the right direction, and commend the efforts of
the founders.

Sender:  tlingua@ctc-mundo.net

I am interested in contacting  possible firned from Russia, I am in Chile,
would like to know more about Russia.

all the contacts will be answered.-

Sender:  smiller1@erols.com

Dear Friends,

Well after searching the net for what seemed an eternity, I finally found a
place to secure a translator in a pocket version.  I will be moving to
Moscow in less than 6 weeks and have been trying desperately to pick up
atleast a working knowledge of the Russian language.  Thanks to your site I
found a translator that I can carry with me in my exploration of Moscow.

Since I was there in December, I realized with all the growth in the city,
and the construction going on, I would need help finding where things are.
I will be joining my new husband at the American Embassy, and it would be
rude for me to not atleast attempt to learn your language.  My interests
include postcard collecting and I'd love to hear from others that have
traveled or lived in Moscow, St.  Petersburg etc.  that have information on
where I can go to look for these cards.  I have shopped in the Arbat, and
managed to get my interest across to shop owners, but I still would like
some help.

Anyone who has information to share, please write to my email address.
Thanks so much.  Spasiba, patti

Sender:  "A. Vernitskii" (asvern@essex.ac.uk)

Dmitrii Kuz'min has submitted more prose of young Russian writers to my
homepage dedicated to Russian literature:

http://www.friends-partners.org/friends/culture/literature/alexey/home.htm

This time Igor' Riabov, Natali'ia Chernykh and Igor' Zhukov were added.

(( Alexey Vernitskii ))
e-mail: asvern@essex.ac.uk or (for KOI-8) alexey@solar.rtd.utk.edu

"We shall gadir togydir all that we love and that lovyth us" (Morte Arthur)

Sender:  bboswell@aaas.org (BBOSWELL)

Does anyone know of any good translators in Vladivostok for a
conference my organization shall hold there in mid-June? Thanks.

M. Boswell
AAAS
bboswell@aaas.org