01-26 May 97  Sender:  jrschepel@deanmoor.nl
              Subject: from Jack lepesch

              Subject: from Lori Orchow Haney

              Subject: from Beth

              Subject: from Dr. John K. Smith

              Subject: Around the world

              Subject: First Names

              Subject: Greetings from Brazil

              Subject: Contacts in Volgograd, Russia

              Subject: greetings

              Subject: assistance for discharged military officers

              Subject: Just a Question!

              Subject: looking for a translater

              Subject: Maybe You know about President Bill Clinton lifestyle?

              Subject: Russian Chatting

              Subject: Russian Fonts

              Subject: Russian Movies

              Subject: Three Sisters; Crime and Punishment

              Subject: Eastern Europe Exchange

              Subject: Refugees

              Subject: Repatriation in Russia

              Subject: Russian Business Communication through Distance Learning

              Subject: Health Care Tour to Russia

19-26 May 97  Sender:  denys gagnon (denys@saglac.qc.ca)
              Subject: pen-pal

20-26 May 97  Sender:  Tver InterContact Group (renyxa@redline.ru)
              Subject: Russian Language and Area Studies Program in Tver

Sender:  jrschepel@deanmoor.nl

Hello out there,

 I would really like to have contact with all you people out there.  You can
write me about everything.  What I like most to hear are your opinions
about the thing you see and hear around you.  Please don't hesitate to
express your personal feelings.

Greetings:

Jack

Sender:  Pampushky@aol.com

Hello, I am looking for anyone form Moscow who can help me answer som
etrivia questions so that I can win a contest to Russia. Please email me if
you know a lot of historic information on Moscow. Also, any Ukrainians
please write...my family is from  town of Lipovets. Poka!!

Sender:  rbstem@msn.com

I am leaving the end of June to go to Crimea, Ukraine to adopt.  What will
the weather be like?  I should be there about 3 weeks.  Any comments about
adopting in Ukraine?  I appreciate.  I live in Alabama.  Beth

Sender:  concord@fyi.net

Thanks for this great site!  I am a United Methodist Pastor who has been to
Russia three times in the last two years.  I work with kids in orphanages,
aged 13-16, in the Vladimir region (about 150 miles east of Moscow).  I'm
leading a team of 30 Americans to do a summer camp for the kids near Suzdal
from August 8-24, 1997.  Anyone interested in our work, or in the condition
of the 500,000 or so kids in orphanges across Russia, contact me.  Also, if
you have stories of your own experience working with or adopting Russian
kids, I'd like to hear about it.  What a great privilege to now be going to
a country that used to be considered "enemy territory."  What warm and
wonderful people I have found Russians to be.  I hope they feel the same
about (at least some of us) Americans.  God's blessing on all who read
this.  -Pastor John

Sender:  Javier Quiroz (jquiroz@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)

Hi!. My name is Javier I'm student of México who likes to write and meet
people of all the world.

If you want to know anything about my country, or you just want to write to
someone about anything, please write to me!

Sender:  jadi@ix.netcom.com

Hello,

Would you know of any way to obtain a listing of Russian first names with,
perhaps, their English equivalent, if any?  Much obliged if you know of
anything.

Lynne

Sender:  "Tatiana Ramos André" (tramos@lassale.g12.br)

Dear Friends,

I live in Amazon-Brazil, I would like to exchange postcard with people in
Russia , USA and all world for my collection, and make new friends too.  If
you know some web site of information service like this , or someone who
can communicate with me in English or Portuguese , I would appreciate
having their e-mail address if they not have any objections.  Or if you
only want to have a pel-pal in Brazil , write to me, OK?

Thanks in advance

Tatiana

Sender:  Jean Nostrand (jeen@earthlink.net)

Hi, I have made seven trips to Russia.  Four of these trips were with
American 8th graders who lived with Russian families and went to school at
the Classical Gymnasium in Volgograd.  In turn, we hosted Russian children
and their teachers in New Jersey.  We were sponsored by Samantha Smith
Memorial Grants from USIA.  I would like to find some e-mail addresses in
Volgograd so that I could continue to keep in contact with the wonderful
people in this city.  My e-mail address is jeen@earthlink.net

Jean Nostrand
Marymova

Sender:  Noel Price (moirprice@tenforward.com)

Dear Friends,

Greetings from the Northwest State of Washington .  I enjoyed surfing your
site after finding it quite by accident.  I am interested in things
Russian: art, music and culture and would like to correspond with anyone
interested in sailing/cr uising, accoustic music and compsition or most
anything else.  My current e-mail address is

moirprice@tenforward.com which I check every day.

Thank you,

Noel Price

Sender:  "Dmitry L. Mayzus" (officer@salus.zaporizhzhe.ua)

Dear Gentlemen,

As a former officer of armed forces of the Soviet Union and an employee at
one of the branches of Ukrainian Fund for Social Security of the Servicemen
I was assigned manager of the of the charity project of social adaptation
of officers, who are being discharged now due to reduction of Ukrainian
armed forces and armaments and abolition of nuclear weapons.  In 1994 we
came to an important decision to direct our efforts at what may really
improve life of people and climate in the society -- we began helping
discharged officers of Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine become self-employed, open
their own businesses and support them during the start-up period of their
work.  The EURASIA FOUNDATION, financed by the USAID, supported us with
1995-1996 grant No.  K95-0389 ($9,000.00) and with 1996-1997 grant No.
K96-0946 ($20,000.00).  About 230 officers of Zaporozhzhya received
non-returnable financial help.  We are very grateful for this support,
because we cannot work without it.

Let us tell you why our work is so necessary.  There are about 4500
officers in our city who were discharged from the armed forces at the age
below 43 years.  They are in good health, they can work with people and
reach their objectives.  All of them have very good military education
which is rarely claimed at civil enterprises.  I am sure that you will
agree: people who suffer from the political decision of reduction of armed
forces must get some help.  Unfortunately, the reduction is done at
difficult times for our country and our government cannot solve this
problem by itself.  Today, small business grows in Ukraine.  And it needs
clever men.  Unfortunately, usually former officers have no skills,
knowledge and partners to start a successful company, which places them in
a disadvantaged position.  That is why our aim is to help former officers
start entrepreneurial activity.  Within the framework of this project we
plan to help 200 our clients access the Internet free of charge to promote
their businesses.  Any help which you can give us will be good for our both
countries.  We believe that participation in disarmament and strengthening
the confidence between our countries is a good investment for a good
company.  Currently, the project needs a server, software and $4,500.00 for
organization of dedicated Internet line.  We will pledge ourselves to
informing you about the implementation of this project and to telling our
partners about your invaluable help.

Please, join us.  Yours sincerely, Project Director Victor Ostapenko

Sender:  sharokni@sepehr.ece.ut.ac.ir

Dear Sir or Lady,

I live in Iran and I'd like to know if it's possible for me to find penpals
in your community.  Thanks, Bye.