01-23 May 97  Sender:  gladnikov@juno.com
              Subject: from Andrey Gladnikov

              Subject: letter

              Subject: Garant Service

              Subject: Re: Printed Soviet Classical Vocal Music

              Subject: Come!  See the Ukrainian Festival held in NYC!

              Subject: Can someone in Moscow get music for me?

              Subject: info

              Subject: Fundraising in science

              Subject: looking for Russian figure skating footage

              Subject: Re: Russian artists

              Subject: Project Harmony Opportunity  (x-post from CIVILSOC)

              Subject: Seeking company to join business in Petrozavodsk

              Subject: Gray Doves Int'l, Inc.

              Subject: new ukranian information

14-23 May 97  Sender:  Roustem Safronov (sgilman@gis.net)
              Subject: Moscow Apartment Available

15-23 May 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
              Subject: Excerpts from "A History of Ukraine".

16-23 May 97  Sender:  Jeff Bukowski (BukowskiJ@EM.AGR.CA)
              Subject: Greetings from Canada

Sender:  gladnikov@juno.com
Subject: GUESTBOOK entry from Andrey Gladnikov

I just begin to create new Russian Website.  I have opportunity to load
information from college to web.  So, if you want to add classifieds or put
some information on the web, you can send to me on Email and I will put on
the web.  So, Welcome to my website.

http://student.yosemite.cc.ca.us/agladnikov/boss.htm
Name:     ruski
password: muzhik
WELCOME to Russian Modesto Website

Andrey,

Sender:  Vspektor@aol.com

I'm Vladimir Sotnikov.
I need your help.
I'm looking for e-male addres in Volkovysk(Vaukavysk) or Grodno(Hrodna)
Belarus.
Can you jelp me?
I'm looking forvard your answer.

Sender:  Pete (piapia@erols.com)

If you know how I can subscribe or reach a US telephone number for the
Garant Russian Law Service (English Documents) please e-mail me at
pia@aol.com Thank you.

Sender:  Michael J Cochran (Cochran.90@osu.edu)

I am a Doctoral Student who has a very great interest in purchasing some
Soviet editions of Classical Vocal Music (new or used), especially the
complete romansy of Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka - and the two operas.
(etc.)

Michael

Michael J. Cochran, Tenor
Doctoral Student, Ohio State University
Cochran.90@osu.edu
Homesite: http://128.146.189.6/mcochran/home.html
Tenorland: http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/1450/

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)

Greetings!

Take a look at the "Current Events" section of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project
for the link to the Ukrainian Festival which was held in New York City!
The address is at http://www.std.com/sabre/UKRAINE.html

Cheers!

Sender:  Gary Goldberg (GaryG@ix.netcom.com)

I'm interested in buying classical music scores from Russia that aren't
available anywhere else.  I know that it's permissible for people at the
Conservatory in Moscow to get music.  Does anyone reading this mailing list
have access to the Conservatory?

(Mogu perepysivat' po-Russki)

Gary

Artificial Intelligence? WHAT WE NEED IS THE REAL THING!!!

Sender:  Marna Waskin (tagurit@sprintmail.com)

Hello,

I am looking for some direction in how to attempt to locate information
about lost relatives that lived in Russia.My grandmother left Russia in the
early 1900's and her sister was left behind.  They lost touch at some point
and my grandmother would love to find some information on her sisters
children.

If you can help in any way I would very much appreciate it!
Thanks,
Marna

Sender:  "Serguei A. Simonov" (simonov@ssd.sscc.ru)

Hello Webmasters,

I will be happy if you pay attention to my page which concerns fundraising
in Russia.  It's experimental page and I wait your remarks.  Additionaly I
try to find support for extension of the database (may be from any
foundation).

My page address: http://ssd.sscc.ru/simonov/

Regards,
Serguei Simonov

Sender:  redustin@cbs.com

I am an Associate Producer at CBS Sports in the Olympic Unit.  I am
working on a made-for-television movie about the lives of Yekaterina
Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov, which will air on the network in
February, around the same time as our 1998 Winter Olympic coverage.

Portions of our movie will contain archival footage of their past
competitions, both amateur and professional.  I am in the process of
researching and collecting all of the footage which we will be using.
I have been in contact with many broadcasters, both foreign and
domestic.  While I have found most of the footage I need, I would be
curious to find out if anyone has any additional footage (e.g. home
videos, footage from Russian nationals, etc...) that could supplement
our production.

...  I thank you very much for creating this forum.  If you have any
questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your time!

Best Regards,
Laura Ouziel

Sender:  prussell@mindspring.com (D. Russell)

I have been asked by a group of Russian artists and native craftspeople to
come to Russia and meet with them in order to find markets for their work.
I would appreciate help with
   funding for my trip to Russian to meet with the artists and craftspeople
   funding for the Russians to travel to the US with their work
   possible galleries to show art work
   possible museums to show the work
   possible publisher for photo/travel book of the trip and artists' work
   connections with native Americans interested in native tribes of Siberia

I would be happy to hear from anyone with interests in the arts, native
people, travel, and Russia in general.  The Russians would like to have a
joint venture with American artists.  Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks for your help and interest,
Dianne Russell

--
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
F. Scott Fitzgerald  (1896-1940)

Sender:  pharmony@igc.apc.org

Project Harmony, a non-profit organization located in Waitsfield, Vermont
is announcing an exciting opportunity to host gifted and talented students
from the former Soviet Union.  Students have been carefully selected to
participate in one of two exchange programs, the Future Leaders
Exchange(FLEX) or Project Harmony Academic Study Term(PHAST), based on
their English-language fluency, academic skills and outstanding
personalities.  They are provided with round-trip airfare, medical and
dental insurance and a monthly stipend.  Hosts from New England and the
Mid-Western states are needed to provide daily meals, transportation to and
from school and a lot of support, love and understanding.  Hosting can
truly open your eyes to a new culture and give you a new, fresh perspective
about your own culture through the eyes of your foreign exchange student.
If you would like more information about how you can participate in this
educational exchange program, please call 800-545-7734 or email
pharmony@igc.apc.org.

Sender:  "Greg Sango" (gsango@rclink.net)
Subject: Seeking company to join business in Petrozavodsk Karelia

Greetings Friends & Partners

I am looking for any a company that deals in woman and men's clothing. I
have a friend in Petrozavodsk Karelia that is looking to make business
connections with a company/business that would be interested in selling
clothing in their city. The businessman in Petrozavodsk has two stores open
at this time.

If anyone is interested in more information about possible business
opportunities please contact me at
gsango@rclink.net

Many thanks   Greg Sango

Sender:  BarbsBAK@aol.com

Hello Friends, Gray Doves distributes much needed items to the elderly in
need.  Currently, we are in a volunteer recruiting frenzy, due to the
critical situation in many countries.  If anyone is traveling and would be
interested in helping these deserving people by carrying an extra box
(customs approved of course)...we NEED your help !  Shipping costs are
exhorbitant, but more importantly the time it takes is our frustration.
Please e-mail if you can be of assistance.  There are NO current U.S.
programs that address the needs of the elderly.  There is no category for
them eligible for funding.  We are happy to provide further
details...Please e-mail....Barbsbak@aol.com

Sender:  Daniel Linet (ufm@accsoft.com.au)

If you are looking for up to the minute financial and market information
there is now a quick and painless way of getting it.

The Ukranian Financial Monitor Plus (ufm+) offers up to the minute financial
and market info for anyone contemplating or currently doing business in the
CIS.

Services available are;
*Stock Price Data
*Company Financials
*Latest Business and Economic News
*Late Breaking Trade Deals
*Commodity Prices
*Interest Rates
*Comprehensive Exchange Rates
*Specific Consulting and Market Analysis Services

Please feel free to browse our web site on:
http://www.tm.odessa.ua/~swan/
or if you have further questions you can e-mail Daniel Linet on:
ufm@accsoft.com.au

Sender:  Roustem Safronov (sgilman@gis.net)

Dear Friends,

If you or anyone you know is going to Moscow for an extended period of
time and need a place to live we have an apartment available for rent.
The apartment is one bedroom (by U.S. definition), 2 rooms (by Russian
definition) 58 square meters located in South Butova. This is a new,
lovely, forested region of the city. In spite of the areas newness there
is already an established infrastructure - there's a big new supermarket
5 minutes walking distance from the apartment. The apartment is in a
security building and has a steel door and window bars.  It is fully
furnished including television.  All furniture and appliances are less
than one year old. Rent to be paid in U.S. Dollars in the States is
$450/month not including electricity or communal services fees (less
than $50/month).  A six month minumum commitment is required.  No pets
allowed.

If you're looking for a quite place with fresh air away from the dirt
and commotion of the city center, this is it!  Contact us at
sgilman@gis.net or by phone 617-424-7701 or fax 617-424-8292.

Roustem Safronov & Susan Gilman

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus Presents:  Excerpts from "A History of Ukraine".

Greetings,

Please point your browsers to the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project
located at http://www.std.com/sabre/UKRAINE.html

)From there, click on "About Ukraine" and select

A History of Ukraine by Paul Robert Magosci

Excerpts are:

Ukrainian Ethnolinguistic Territory (Map)

What is Eastern Europe?

Dekulakization and the Great Famine
The Great Famine (Map)

Ukraine's Holocaust: The Great Famine of 1933

As always, please feel free to email us at faq@tryzub.com

TryzubSite is one of the quickest growing and most visited sites for matters
Ukrainian on Internet. Located at http://www.tryzub.com/, it is currently
host to several organizations. For information and to report problems
such e-mail should always be sent to the attention of the site's
webmaster to the address: WebMaster@TRYZUB.com.

Sender:  Jeff Bukowski (BukowskiJ@EM.AGR.CA)

Hello,

I just finished reading the "Russian Life" homepage on the internet and
found it very interesting.  I have always found Russia a very beautiful
and interesting country.  I particularly liked the segment from the August
1996 issue which mentioned the 250th anniversary of the samovar.

I am planning to visit Moscow within the next year and I would really like
to purchase a good quality electric samovar (preferably a silver or
aluminum one) when I am there.

Could you help me out on any suggestions that you may have as to
where I might buy one in Moscow and what price might I expect to pay
for a decent quality electric samovar?  I have read many travel books on
Moscow which mention numerous placed to buy Russian souvenirs
(matroshka dolls, palekh boxes, fur hats) but no mention of any specific
places to find an electric samovar.

I would truly appreciate any advice you have to offer.

spaciba balshoye

PS:  Do most Russian people use the antique charcoal samovars these
days or are most using the electric type that I am interested in?