01-11 May 97  Sender:  lenka@raf.dvgu.ru
              Subject: from Elena

              Subject: I am looking for a literary agent

              Subject: Information about France

              Subject: Recent Russian literature

              Subject: Biography of LENIN

              Subject: linking Russians to Europe?

              Subject: an Internet literary contest

              Subject: Cyrillic Fonts - tmg

              Subject: Zaoksky Central Hospital

              Subject: how to find a job

              Subject: Seeking for editor

              Subject: (x-post INFO-RUSS)

              Subject: Web Site Search

              Subject: Russia-Belarus integration debates

              Subject: TryzubSite: SUCHASNIST'

              Subject: Agency Agreement

              Subject: Reference sources/links

              Subject: East-West Report by E-mail!

              Subject: New book on post-Soviet Russia

              Subject: group Sektor Gaza

20-11 May 97  Sender:  "AMIR PIROUZAN, Ph.D." (prof3t@n2.net)
              Subject: Better Educational Tools

21-11 May 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
              Subject: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview May 4th, 1997

Sender:  lenka@raf.dvgu.ru

Hello, my dear friends! How are you?
If you want to  have a good friend in Russia, WRITE ME.
If you have some problems, WRITE ME.
If you have an interesting story, WRITE ME.
I'm waiting for you. Thanks.

Sender:  Anna Geisherik (geisheaa@ucunix.san.uc.edu)

A writer, author of several thrillers, published in Moscow, topic of which
is the political and criminal terrorism, including the nuclear blackmail,
is looking for a literary agent, who would help forward these novels to
the Western market.

Michael Gelfand
gelfand@avia.kharkov.ua

Sender:  dmitry (regent@tribeca.ios.com)

I will be traveling to Paris in July. I am looking for somebody who leaves
or knows Paris and  can give me some useful information.

Regards,
Dmitry
regent@tribeca.ios.com

Sender:  Stephen Pain (S.Pain@uea.ac.uk)

Dear Friends,

I would like to correspond with someone in Russia who is involved in
whatever capacity with the production of recent Russian literature (novels
and poetry esp.).

Yours sincerely,
Stephen Pain.
S.Pain@uea.ac.uk
39 Magdalen Road,
Norwich, NR3 4LG.

Tel: 01603-440219.

Sender:  Rick Benavides (rnoelb@aol.com)

My name is Rick Benavides and I am a researcher for Actuality
Productions in Los Angeles. We are producing a Biography of Lenin for
the A&E network. I am in search of an organization that might refer us
to Russians who may have lived through the Russian Revolution or who
may have been familiar with stories of Lenin (as grandchildren). Any
help you can provide me with will be greatly appreciated.

rick
RnoelB@aol.com

Sender:  Alexandr Sharov (sharov@public.alkar.net)

Hello,

I have just visited your site and was very favourably impressed by its
design and contents.

Could you please tell me whether you can help me in finding a similar
resource or service linking Russians to Europe?

Sender:  Alexey Vernitskii (asvern@essex.ac.uk)

The TENETA Russian literary contest in Internet (http://sharat.co.il/teneta)
has proclaimed its results for 1996. They can be found at

http://sharat.co.il/teneta/1996/res-1996.html

I am NOT one of organizers of this contest; I only submitted my poems to it.

(( Alexey Vernitskii ))
e-mail: asvern@essex.ac.uk or (for KOI-8) alexey@solar.rtd.utk.edu

"We shall gadir togydir all that we love and that lovyth us" (Morte Arthur)

Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (fyp@usa.net)

Hi!

How can I read cyrillic fonts while browsing with Netscape?

Thanks in advance
Yanki

http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~puersuen/twa.htm

Sender:  MarcoJB@aol.com

I do not know whether you can help me.  In May, 1994, I visited Zaoksky
Central Hospital as a visiting surgeon from Columbus, Ohio, USA.  We
established this hospital as our sister hospital and sent much in the way of
supplies.  Subsequently, seven of their physicians visited our hospital in
Ohio and we developed a friendship.  However, our ability to communicate has
been lost.  The Seventh-Day Adventist seminary (adjacent to hospital) had a
translator (Dmitry Artamonov) but I have not heard from him in 2 years and
cannot contact anyone.  Your e-mail address came up when I attempted to
search for Zaoksky (about 50km S of Moscow, approx 1/2 way to Tula).  Perhaps
you know someone or perhaps we could communicate.  Do you know any way to
communicate with this region?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank
you

Sender:  "Justine A. Hamilton" (justine@ksu.edu)

My name is Justine Hamilton, and I am a graduating senior at Kansas State
University in Russian language.  I have been searching every resource I
can think of to find a job in Russia for next year.  Unfortunately, I
will only have a B.A. in Russian, and everyone seems to want someone
with another major as well as a knowledge of the Russian language. I've tried
internships (paid and unpaid), editing jobs, assistantships, etc.  I have
a lot of experience with computers (Mac and IBM) and years of office
secretarial/managerial experience, but this, apparently, is not enough.

I plan to return to Russia (unemployed or otherwise) in the fall, and do
not need someone to pay for me to get there.  I lived in Vologda, Russia
last year and am willing to work anywhere within the Former Soviet
Union.  I enjoy travel and am not expecting a lot of money.  What I
really would like is the opportunity to work with people and/or computers as
well as have the opportunity to improve my Russian language skills.

If anyone knows of job opportunities, please let me know.  I have
exhausted all the job sites I could find on the web and am clinging to my
last nerve as graduation is next week.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Justine Hamilton

Ms. Justine A. Hamilton
907 Osage
Manhattan, KS 66502
(913)537-8808
justine@ksu.edu
http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~justine/

Sender:  Maria (citzinfo@irk.ru)

A Group of young writers from Russia is seeking for an editor or a
literature agent to help them publish in Russian- poetry , fairy tales ,
novels for the children, novels, detective stories and humourious
stories for adults.
We will appreciate any help in publishing these things.
You can contact us - ) citzinfo@irk.ru )

Sender:  Alexander Gaizer (gaizer@wily.fusion.ucla.edu)

I am sending the following request for information hoping that there are
some people here who lived/worked in Obninsk.

I need to find the address of the meteorological institute located in
Obninsk.  I do not know the exact name of this research establishment.  All
I know is that now it is part of the Meteorological Consortium of Russia
(MECOM).  In fact, I am primarily interested in the address of the
'obschezhitie' (housing complex) for the staff of this institute.  If, at
some point in your life, you had lived in Obninsk in the same building with
a few meteorologists, you might be able to help me.  I am only looking for
the street address (i.e., postal code is not really necessary) and
directions on on how to get there from the Obninsk train station.

Any information or pointers to where I might find it will be greatly
appreciated.

Please reply directly to me since I am not subscribed to this list.

(gaizer@fusion.ucla.edu)

Sender:  Joe Duquain (LAD-CAD@worldnet.att.net)

I would like to now if any web sties exist for the city of Archangelisk in
nothern Russia.  I worked for two years on the Ardalin Pipeline Project
near usinsk and many of the contractors and interpreters on that project
lived in Archangelisk.  I would like to try and contact some of these old
co-workers if I could.  Any help you can give me would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
Lewis "Joe" Duquain

Sender:  "Andrey Ozharovskii" (zarov@host.cis.lead.org)

Dear friends,

The International Discussion Club - Moscow would like to invite you
to join the e-discussion about Russia-Belarus integration.

Please, visit our discussion pages:
http://www.cis.lead.org/zarov/bel-rus-union.html
http://www.cis.lead.org/zarov/russian/bel-rus-union.html
or just write to: zarov@host.cis.lead.org

At these pages you will find:
* Russian and English texts of the official documents;
* an alternative Treaty project by Yavlinskii (in Russian only);
* links to other relevant resources.

The International Discussion Club - Moscow is now preparing  a
seminar about Belarus-Russia re-unification issues and challenges.
We will forward the results of the e-discussion and of the seminar to
the appropriate authorities.

Sincerely yours,
Andrey Ozharovskii, President
of the International Discussion Club - Moscow

e-mail: zarov@host.cis.lead.org              Kashirskoje shosse 88/26-112
http://www.cis.lead.org/zarov/idc.html       115551 Moscow
fax: +7-095-2002265 [attn. of IDC]           Russia

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)

Greetings.

Please check http://www.tryzub.com/Suchasnist for this most important
event!

Please direct all web-related questions to webmaster@tryzub.com

Sender:  rrrc@erols.com

Dear Sir/Madam: We are ACCO International,Inc.with office in USA.
We are in the process of setting up Agency Agreements with suppliers in
your Country. We are looking for suppliers/factories/manufactruer in the
following products: UREA,ALUMINUM,WHEAT FLOUR,PETROLEUM,SUGAR,TEXTILE.
We are only interest in dealing direct we are not interested in
AGENTS/DEALERS, we have tried but most are nothing but daisy chains and
we cannot run a business with a chain of brokers that don't know what is
going on or who has the product. If you would be so kind as to mail
the names of company & product they have/addresses,phone,fax and email.
to Barry kelly,ACCO Internattional,Inc. 11015 Blenheim Dr. Oakton,VA22124
Barry Kelly is the president of ACCO and can be reached on 703-237-3696.
I want to thank you for taking the time to help in this matter.
Looking forward hearing from you.
Flo Cole
fax 703-536-3809
email rrrc@erols.com

Sender:  "Mark S. Deion" (Consult@businesson.com)

Hello Friends,

GREAT SITE!  It has provided valuable information and numerous contacts.

My firm provides numerous services for people interested in doing
business with/in the Former Soviet Union.  I have a web site which is
still being revised which describes many of these services, but I also
have a reference links pages which has almost 800 links to various sites
of interest.  Some of the links listed are references to other links
pages.

So many people have requested this information that I thought I would
post it here.

The URL for the main home page is: http://www.BusinessOn.com/consult/

The URL for the links page is:
http://www.BusinessOn.com/consult/jump.htm
(This is a jump site link page which allows the browser to jump to one
of the many categories listed).

If someone wants to view the entire list and print it of in its
entirety, they can access it at:
http://www.BusinessOn.com/consult/hplist.htm

Within the next few weeks there will 100's of pages of reference
material and text included on the main web page site.  This information
is free of charge and is posted on the internet to assist people with
accessing information to facilitate business development in the FSU.

Again, GREAT SITE! And keep up the good work.

Regards,

Mark S. Deion
(Life is Life)
--
Mark S. Deion, President  DEION ASSOCIATES & STRATEGIES, INC.
       "DEFINITIVE ANALYSIS & STRATEGIC IMPLEMENTATION"

Sender:  "Matt Miller" (Matthew.L.Miller@wheaton.edu)

The East-West Church and Ministry Report has entered its fifth year of
publication as the premier newsletter on Christian service in the former
Soviet Union and East Central Europe.  We trust that our publication has
been informative, of practical value, and even inspirational.

Our hope is to constantly improve our service.  Reader response has
indicated significant interest in subscriptions via the Internet.
Therefore, we have begun to offer e-mail subscriptions in addition to the
print format!

Electronic delivery will make the _Report_ more accessible, where mail is
less reliable, and will greatly reduce delivery time.  The newsletter will
be sent in several segments for optimal e-mail delivery.

The e-mail subscription charge has been very substantially reduced from the
print rate.  The new e-mail subscription rate is $20.00 per year.
Subscription rates for the print version are $42.75 per year (U.S.
domestic first class); $47.75 (Canada); and $52.75 (international).

The first e-mail issue (Volume 5, Number 1) of
the _Report_ features:
* "Russian Religious Rights in Decline"
* "New Internet Source on Religion in Russia"
* "On Crime and Culture Shock"
* "Seeking New Ways to Serve--or New Enemies
     to Fight?  The East European Church After
     Communism"
* "Obstacles to Evangelism"
* "Orthodoxy, Oil, Tobacco, and Wine:  Do They
     Mix?"
* Three viewpoints on the issue of bribery:
     "Giving Versus Taking," "Coming to Terms
     With a Moral Dilemma," and "Out of the
     Question"

Upcoming issues will include these articles:
* "A Success Story in Orthodox-Evangelical Relations"
* "Nine Baptists Beaten by Orthodox in Romania"
* "Adventist Couple Murdered in Russian Caucasus"
* "Violations of Religious Liberty in Uzbekistan"
* "Albania's Crisis: More Spiritual Than Economic"

To subscribe to the _Report_ you can mail a check (U.S.  funds payable to
Wheaton College) to the Institute for East-West Christian Studies, Wheaton
College, Wheaton, IL 60187-5593, U.S.A.  For faster service, phone
(630-752-5917) or fax (630-752-5916) your Visa or MasterCard order.  Only
prepaid orders are accepted.

Please direct all e-mail inquiries to melliott@wheaton.edu.

We trust that the _Report_ will be a great assistance to you!

Sincerely,
The _Report_ Staff

Mark Elliott, editor
Matt Miller, project coordinator
Louise Meyers, secretary

P.S.  If you are a current _Report_ subscriber,
your next issue will provide instructions on how
to receive an e-mail subscription.

Sender:  ray hurst (rivervalley@easynet.co.uk)

Just published! A Shrimp Learnt to Whistle, by Sarah Hurst.

A convicted murderer who protests his innocence, a hippy who dreams of
building a temple to John Lennon, a philandering polar explorer, a
disgruntled sex shop manageress...  these are just a few of the unusual
people whose lives have been turned upside-down by the collapse of the
Soviet Union.  A Shrimp Learnt to Whistle is Russia from the inside, a
simultaneously humorous and poignant journey through a society in turmoil.

A Shrimp Learnt to Whistle is Russia as you've never seen it before, not
only the darker side but also the lighter side.  If you're hoping to read
about queues, snow and the mafia - well, you will - but this book has far
more than just the typical stereotypes of Russia.  If you've been to Russia
and know what it's like, then you'll identify with Sarah Hurst's
experiences.  If you haven't, this book is a compelling introduction to the
biggest and most mixed-up country in the world.

Enquiries: Elephant Publishing, rivervalley@easynet.co.uk Tel/fax +44
(1491) 873227To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer

phone/fax 01491 873227
33 Elvendon Road, Goring-on-Thames, Reading, Berks RG8 0DP, England.

Sender:  "Robert J. Liebermann" (robert.liebermann@wmich.edu)

I am an admirer of the "Soviet" musical group Sektor Gaza; though often
described as "rough", their music has a character that is in many ways
quite appealing and even more "human" than many others [gasp!].  Does
anyone know where I can get more information about them?  I found only a
few mentions on internet sites, none very much more than minimal.  Do they
still make music?  I had good luck ordering some recordings from firm
"Favorite" in New York, and have others from trips to USSR and Russia, but
no more information than that contained on the labels.  I would like to
know some of the words to the songs a little better...  Foolishly, I did
not take the opportunity to see them perform in Minsk when I was living
there in 1992...

Anyone that can help, please write!

New_Century_Schoolbook
Robert J. Liebermann

Lake Baikal-Lake Superior Institute
RR#1, Site 6,  Box 5, Lake Superior
Wawa, Ontario, P0S 1K0, Canada

Department of Geography
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49008 5056 USA
telephone & fax: 705 856 2939

New_Century_Schoolbook

Sender:  "AMIR PIROUZAN, Ph.D." (prof3t@n2.net)

Dear good old Russian Web Master:

We have 162 sets of Integrated Teaching Materials (CBTs)
for 44 Subjects on: Computers, Networking, Accounting, English, Math.
and Educational Science.

We have more than 500 Computerized Tutorials (CBT) for tutoring,
testing and exercises plus teachers and students' kits.

These CBTs are the best educational TOOLS for Teachers,
Trainers and students.

We license our CBTs to Schools, Businesses, Organizations and
individuals (single users).

The Site Licensing fees are as low as $0.33/CBT/Computer.
Our school in San Diego (licensed by the State of California, U.S.A.)
has been helping us to improve our teaching materials and methods
constantly.

Please visit our Web Site at:  http://www.3t.org  and feel free
to download our 162 curriculum for your reviews on the scope of
available products.

We have been dedicated to develop better educational tools for
teachers and trainers since 1982.

We have been spending more than 80% of our revenues for Research
and Development. We will also continue with the same R & D
policy in the future.

We are looking forward to co-operate with you for a better
education for all our students.

Sincerely yours,

Martin Hitt
National Accounts Representative
Software Academy
martin@3t.org

PS. If all possible! Please link to our Web Site  http://www.3t.org
add us to your directory or distribute this message to other fellow
educators.

Question: Shall I spend ten minutes to visit 3T Web Site
at:    http://www.3t.org?

Answer: Following visitors did not waste their valuable time while
they reviewed our Web Site.
Following responses are some examples that we received:
prof3t@n2.net

1.) Pat & Gina D'Acre
Global Prosperity Development

Thanks for making the WWW a Positive Place.

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life that no
man can sincerely try to help another, without helping himself."
Ralph Waldo Emerson.
==

2.)I will indeed link to your site.  Thank you!
"There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of
knowledge but can never prove how it got there.  All great
discoveries have involved such a leap.  The important thing
is never to stop questioning."	-Albert Einstein

Thanks again, bye!
Sincerely,
Matthew Ginsberg-Jaeckle

3.) Thanks for sending 3t, and responding to us so soon.
Yours truly,

"Life is like a football game, every once in a while you
get a touch down"

Dr. Michael G. Flemister

** 21 **********************************************************************

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview May 4th, 1997

Greetings,

   The latest *preview* of the Ukrainian Weekly is now available
on the Ukraine FAQ Plus site!  This is an exclusive regular
feature each week containing timely and the most up to date
information on Ukraine and the Ukrainian Diaspora available
on Internet.

Please stay tuned for some MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS coming in the
near future on TryzubSite!!!!!

   The Ukrainian Weekly is the largest weekly newspaper (in English)
extant in the Western world covering Ukrainian issues both in Ukraine
and in the Ukrainian Diaspora.   The preview is available on Internet at
the address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project.  You can obtain
subscription information in order to read the complete articles
when you visit the web-site.  The Ukrainian Weekly is funded by
the Ukrainian National Association and your subscriptions.  Their website
may be perused at http://www.tryzub.com/UNA/.

   We also have a new little section in the "About Ukraine" page
where people may request that their pages dealing (accurately)
with Ukraine may be enplaced!  Drop us an email at faq@tryzub.com

   Please note that one may now browse the FAQ project using
an advanced three dimensional navigational tool.  Point your
browser to http://www.tryzub.com/ for information on how
to download the plug-in for your browser and the actual "mcf"
image which is used for this.

We also have a search engine where you can search through
most of the contents on TryzubSite.  Give it a try and let
us know what you think!  Send mail to WebMaster@Tryzub.com

TryzubSite is one of the quickest growing and most visited sites for matters
Ukrainian on Internet. Located at http://www.tryzub.com/, it is currently
host to several organizations. For information and to report problems
such as these, e-mail should always be sent to the attention of the site†s
webmaster to the address: WebMaster@TRYZUB.com. Contacting the webmaster
is the best way to guarantee that any problems are resolved in the most
efficient manner.

The address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project is now:

http://www.std.com/sabre/UKRAINE.html

Either click the button labelled "Current Events" by the
Tryzub (Trident) graphic or scroll down and click the
"Current Events" section summary to access this latest
news.

As always, please feel free to email us at faq@tryzub.com