Digest 050897

01-08 May 97  Sender:  Theodor TORTSCHANOFF (Theodor.Tortschanoff@cern.ch)
              Subject: Hotel in Samarkant

              Subject: registration

              Subject: Hello!

              Subject: Air Force flag

              Subject: convesation with friends

              Subject: comment about friends/home.html

              Subject: Chernobyl poems now available in Russian on the Web

              Subject: E-Mail pals

              Subject: traveling to Russia

              Subject: Message for Digest

              Subject: W&P

              Subject: In Search of a Russian Pen-Pal

              Subject: Language Course

              Subject: I am looking for a job

              Subject: Trying to renew friendships

              Subject: We want partners and Mammoth

              Subject: Hello to all. (Please post to digest.)

              Subject: Can you help us?

              Subject: info

              Subject: International telecommunication project

23-08 May 97  Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (puersuen@stud.uni-frankfurt.d400.de)
              Subject: TMG - News from the Region - Volume 1

24-08 May 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
              Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview April
20th, 1997,

Sender:  Theodor TORTSCHANOFF (Theodor.Tortschanoff@cern.ch)

Please, e-mail to me a list with all Hotels in Samarkant with their
addresses, phone and fax numbers.

My e-mail: Theodor.Tortschanoff@cern.ch

Many thanks and best regards,

Theodor Tortschanoff

Sender:  Nicolas Karman (nicolas_karman@hotmail.com)

Congratulations for your service (chat) I enjoy it very much I'm a french
student My e-mail is nicolas_karman@hotmail.com

personnal adress :

Nicolas Karman
Res Galilee #316
7B, rue de la Digue
59800 Lille
FRANCE

Sender:  "Ali Raza" (Ali.Raza@MCI.Com)

Hi,

I have named my daughter Nikita.  I am very much interested in finding out
what does it mean.  Could you help me out here and give me a brief
background on the name, its origination and meaning.

Thanks a lot.

ali.raza@mci.com

Sender:  steves@ripco.com

Would like to see Russian Air Force flag. I have an old book of, Soviet Air
Force
flag was shown. I would like to what has happened in these post-communist days.

Steve Stringfellow
Chicago

Sender:  mstul (m.stul@csu-e.csuohio.edu)

I am 74 years old. Cam in USA 5 years ago from Russia. In russia I was
Philosopy professor. I wish convesation by Email with American and Russia
friends my age.
Sincerely
Stul

Sender:  Frank Csongedi Morph@discover-net.net

I would very much like to establish an e-mail connection with someone from
Russia.  I thought I'd found a way when I accessed your page....only to
find out, try as hard as I could I cannot read it.  The white print on a
light yellow background is very difficult to look at and impossible to
read.  Otherwise the whole idea of the page is great.  Looking forward to
being able to read it.  Frank

Sender:  Al Bundy (ikoffman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)

Hi,

I am a student and am looking for a Cyrillic font to use with Microsoft
Word (preferably for PC-Windows 95, but for Mac would do as well). Can you
help me out here?

Thanks,

Ilya.

Sender:  Paul Brians (brians@mail.wsu.edu)

For some time I have maintained a Website devoted to the poems of
Chernobyl victim Lyubov Sirota
(http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/chernobyl_poems/chernobyl_index.html).
Now the Russian originals have been transliterated and are available at
(http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/chernobyl_poems/russindex.html). Please
pass on the word to anyone who may be interested.

Paul Brians
brians@wsu.edu

Sender:  marty brown (sludge@servtech.com)

I would be very interested in conversing back and forth using the
internet with other people in different countries on this planet Earth!!
I'am a 40 year old married male with a beautiful wife and four children
ranging in age from 5-19, my interest are fishing and fly tying, family,
and learning more about the people in the world.My e-mail address is
 sludge@servtech.com   please excuse my e-mail address, as you see I work
in a wastewater treatment plant, and it was the best I could come up with
at the spur of the moment when registering. Thank you for your time, and
I hope I  have contacted the right people. Yours truly, Marty Brown

Sender:  "Scot A. Jefferies" (scot@inconnect.com)

I am an artist that is traveling through much of Europe, to meet people,
explore cultures and promote my art. I am wondering if you know of anyone
that I can make friends and stay with during my visit to Russia. If you
would like to view my art it can be seen at
www.inconnect.com/~scot/art.html
Thank you for your assistance. I will be in Europe in July and probably
in Russia around August.  Sincerely Scot A. Jefferies

Sender:  "Patrick P. Dunn" (pdunn@WPI.EDU)

A local film club has asked me to introduce the 1926 Soviet Film -
"Yelena, Queen of Mars."  Does anyone have any information on this
film?  It has not yet arrived from the distributor, so I do not know
if promotional information will accompany it.  But it does not sound
like anything I am familiar with, i.e. the Kuleshov group.

Thanks for any help.

Pat   pdunn@wpi.edu

Sender:  "Steve J. Favia" (sjfchicago@earthlink.net)

Friends

I was searching for the electronic version of War and Peace. In
particular, I am looking for the location of the section Tolstoy states
that "people don't change, times do". Can you help? It seems I can't get
the e-version of War and Peace to download.
Thank you.
Steve Favia

Sender:  jgreed01@sprynet.com

I came across this page by accident while surfing for information
concerning Russia.  I have never communicated directly with anyone living
in Russia.  I am very curious about all aspects of Russian life.  I would
like to communicate directly via e-mail with someone not associated with
the government.

I am a 43 year old divorced male living in Texas, USA.  I have a Master's
Degree in Special Education and Speech Pathology and am currently employed
as a consultant with the Texas Education Agency.  Although I have worked in
education for the past 17 years, my passion is the study of history.  I am
most interested in the daily routine of Russian life and Russian
perceptions of the USA.

If you know of anyone living in Russia who can communicate with me in
English, I would appreciate having their e-mail address if they did not
have any objections.

Thank you for your assistance.

Jack Reed

Sender:  tboland@premier1.net

I have visited your fine website in the past, you've always been
very helpful with questions.

I hope to visit FSU in the near future, and would like to find a
videotape of a Russian language course.  I have one I purchased several
years ago featuring native speakers for French, and found it very useful.
Can you recommend where I might find this type of course?

Also, I'd like a listing of simple Russian words and phrases,
especially for simple conversation, which is done phonetically in English.

Tim Boland
tboland@premier1.net

Sender:  " Yelena  Kolesnikova" (ymik@hotmail.com)

To whom it may concern,

Dear "Friends and Partners",

My name is Yelena Kolesnikova, I am a native Russian and a recent graduate of
the Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio.  I have encountered your
homepage while browsing through the Web in search of a job.  I have a
bachelor's degree in communication arts and I have a strong interest in
international relations.
In case you have any immediate or potential positions available, please contact
me any time:

Yelena I. Kolesnikova
313 1/2 Belleview Blvd.
Steubenville, OH 43952

phone  (614)282-4812
e-mail  ymik@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time and cooperation,

Sincerely,
Y.Kolesnikova

Sender:  "Leon G. Schade" (pandl@marshallnet.com)

My wife and I hosted Valentin and Nina Shiryaev from Kstovo,
Nizegorodskaya in our home in 1994.  They were a most enjoyable couple
and we have tried many times to contact them with no success.

Mr. Shiryaev was an "owner/manager" of a brick company in his community.
Also, we have received holiday gifts from them and want them to know we
thank them for these very special thoughts.

Can you help me locate them?????

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Leon G. Schade
3303 South Center Street
Marshalltown, Iowa  50158

Telephone 515/752-6321
FAX  515/753-8098

Sender:  polydio (polydio@uriel.net)

Hello!!  How do you do!  My name is Kim, Jinyong.  I'm Korean.  My company
want to hold an event about Mammoth and mystery of Siberia in Korea.

So, I want to know the information of Mammoth.  Specially We want to know a
mummy of it.  (not the bone) We heard it is in Saint Petersburg Museum.  If
it exists, very wonderful thing to us.  Please send us information and the
pictures of Mammoth mummy.  If possible, We hope to cooperate it as
partners with you.  Have a nice time!

0426,1997

Kim,Jinyong

polydio@uriel.net

Sender:  Engebretson_Tony/edu_bear-valley_baldwin-lane-elem@omail.eee.org

Hello,

I was a subscriber to this list in 1994, but have been away from computers for
awhile. I always enjoyed being a part of this and I am sorry that I had to miss
all that has happened with this project. I participated in the IRC conference
that you sponsored from Prague in Nov. 1994. At the time I was studying to get
my teaching credentials in Ellensburg, WA, USA. Now I am a 2nd grade teacher in
Big Bear, CA, USA.

If anyone has 7-8 year olds who would like to be key-pals with kids in CA,
please e-mail me at: Tony_Engebretson@eee.org

Thank you in advance. It is great to be back.

Tony Engebretson

Sender:  Ritaly Rapaport (ritaly@ix.netcom.com)

Hello.
I'm an american student, working with the rest of my class on a large
foreign affairs project. We are attempting to take a poll of citizens of
various countries around the globe, using the internet as our main
resourse, regarding United States's foreign policy. Some of the
countries we are working on are Russia, Vietnam, Japan, China, Israel,
Egypt, Iran, Ukraine, Chezh Republic and others. What we need for our
project are citizens of these countries, who have internet access, and
wish to participate in a survey. Once the survey is complete, we will
compile the results and paste them on the World Wide Web, as well as
sending them to various United States officials.
However we have encountered a problem, one that maybe you can help with.
It is very difficult to find people on the Internet willing to
participate. What we need are E-Mail adresses of individuals you may
know who reside in these countries, who would be willing to participate
in our project. And if you wish to participate, that would be wonderful
as well. Please write back to us with any useful information you may
have. Thank you very much for your time.
Ritaly Rapaport.

Sender:  "Marek Maasik" (taksener@online.ee)

TAKSENER Ltd.
consultation & broker service / transportation & industrial equipment
Ravi t. 27, EE0001 Tallinn, ESTONIA

Dear Sir,

The company named AS TAKSENER Ltd. is established in year 1995 and our
activity is mostly to sell the second hand personal cars, cargo trucks,
city buses and coaches in Baltic states and former Soviet Union market.

Our company haw also the dealer rights in that market to sell Mercedes-Benz
new products.

So, we are looking for the exactly information from you what is your needs.

In Baltic and Russian market we are providing to the customer complex service:

1. declaring exactly needs from customer
2. finding the right equipment from Europe ore USA
3. transportation that thing to the door of customer
4. financial co-operation with banks, to find out the best solution to customer
5. after selling customer help in repair parts delivery

That is the short overview of our activities.

With best wishes

Marek Maasik
Director
AS Taksener Ltd.

TAKSENER Ltd. 		Reg.Nr. 01381872	Acc.Nr. 102039622
Ravi t. 27			Bank of Tallinn
EE0001, Tallinn	    e-mail: taksener@online.ee	Harju 13
ESTONIA				Tallinn
tel.:  +372 2 455095	code 783
fax.: +372 6 461432

** 21 **********************************************************************

Sender:  Shirobokov Sergey Nikolaevich (serge@mo.ospi.omsk.su)

Dear Sirs,

I am Vladimir V. Lenberg, M.D.(Candidatskaya Degree in Medicine),
the  chief  endoscopist at the Medical Department of the Internal
Affairs Office in Omsk.

I have got many scientific works and  interesting  inventions  in
the questions concerning the endoscoptical diagnostics,  treating
the illnesses of operated stomach and allergy damages of  gastric
intestinal   trackt   (alimentary   canal).   Among   them:  "The
Endoscoptical and Immunomorphological Changes of Operated Stomach
Mucose",  "The  Diagnostics of Primary Reflux-Esophagitis",  "The
Method of Forecasting  the  Peptic  Ulcer  of  Anastomoses  After
Resection  on  Sthomach"  (Priority  of  the invention N 91028300
-12894),  "Dynamic Endoscopy in Diagnostics and Treatment of  the
Inflommatory   Changes  of  Operated  Stomach",  "The  method  of
applying the anastomosis "end in end",  taking into  account  the
rotation-translation  motion  of contents on the gastrointestinal
tract" (N* 2307,  Omsk Medical Academy,  05.30.1996), "The way of
endoscoptical    diagnostics    of    allergy   damage   of   the
gastrointestinal tract mucose" (N* 2299, 12.25.1995, Omsk Medical
Academy) and others.

It is  possible to read some of them in the I.I.  Grekov magazine
"Vestnik khirurgii" (Moscow), 1996, vol.155, N 2, p.15-17, and in
the  magazine  "Vrach"  (Moscow),  1995,  N 4,  the Russian State
Central  Scientific  Library  of  Russia  (30  Krasikova  Street,
Moscow,  117418, Tel: 128-33-46, Fax: 128-87-39), Dep. N D-25275,
14.10.1996,  Dep.  N 23660,  26.11.1993,  and others. My articles
were printed also in Moscow,  Omsk,  Krasnodar, Irkutsk (Russia),
Alma-Ata (Kazakhstan).

Using the  method  of  dynamic   endoscopic   observation   while
examining  419 patients that survived stomach resection,  we have
managed to find out 4 types of condition  of  the  stomach  stump
mucous  membrane,  and  anastomised  intestine  depending  on the
degree  of  the  inflammatory  changes  during  the  post-operate
period.  The  dependence  between  the  type  of the inflammatory
changes and probability of anastomosis peptic  ulcer  development
has been determined.

Now I continue the scientific work on these questions. During the
endoscoptical researches we have received data which can look  at
the gastrointestinal tract anatomy in another way. At this moment
the researches have stopped because of financial difficulties.

Nowadays I   accomplish   the   diagnostical   and  therapeutical
endoscoptical measures and in 1997 we are going to open  the  new
hospital for 200 places with the Endoscoptical Department where I
am planning to carry out endoscoptical surgery.

It would  be  intresting  to study the organization of endoscopic
work  in   the   American   hospitals   and   Universityes   with
gastroenterological   specialization,  espacially  an  endoscopic
surgery and the minimally invasive surgical means, and endoscopic
observing the patients after resection of stomach.

I would  like  to ask you about the opportunities for getting the
grant for my Mayo Visiting Clinical Program. I was invited by the
Mayo Foundation,  Rochester,  Minnesota for September - December,
1997 and to come to the Mayo Clinic as an observer with the  help
of  Visiting Clinical Program to study how they run the practice.
Cooperation with Mayo Clinic would be very useful for  my  future
work.  I  think  that  both sides can greatly benefit from mutual
exchenge of ideas.

I would be very grateful to you for any information.

You can send the answer to the following address:

Health department of Internal
Affairs Office in Omsk.
7, St. Krasny put
Omsk, 644099 Russia

Tel/Fax:  381 2 - 24 37 95

e-mail:   common@mo.ospi.omsk.su

I am looking forward to hearing form you soon. Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,

Vladimir Lenberg

                                 RESUME
                            Vladimir Lenberg
                      ulitza Zaozernaya 22/1 - 66
                              Omsk,644083
                                 Russia

Education Omsk State Me

dical Academy, Candidatskaya Degree in Medicine,
December 1994.

Surgical Clinic of Assotiation "Omsk Motor Transport" Diagnostics and
Treatment of deseases of the gastrointestinal tract and accesory organs of
digestion.  January 1993

The Department of faculty Surgery, Omsk State Medical Institute Endoscopy
and surgical gastroenterology 1989 - 1990

The Department of Traumatology, Orthopaedics and Military Surgery, Omsk
State Medical Institute.  December 1985 - May 1986

The Stavropol Research Institute of the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus The
diagnistics and treatment of ecpecially dangerous infections March - May
1984

Irkutsk State Institute of the Doctors' Further Improvement
Gastroenterology.  January - March 1983

Omsk State Medical Institute 1974 - 1980

Professional experience:

1990 to present The Medical Department, the Internal Affairs Office, Omsk
The chief endoscopist

1987 - 1990 The Medical Department, the Internal Affairs Office, Omsk
Surgeon

1984 - 1987 The Citi Hospital N 3, Omsk Traumatologist

1980 - 1983 The rurai Velikorusskaya hospital, the Kalachinsk district,
Omsk Region The Chief doctor

The long-term programs are developed and carried out: "The Developvent and
Clinical Approbation of New Methods and Technical Means of Surgery" (No
01850073345), "The Organization of Dynamic Endoscopy Observation of Sick
Persons Who Transferred Operations on Stomach" (No 2267).  The programs are
used in Omsk Region, Novosibirsk, Perm.  The period of treatment the peptic
alcer of anastomosis was reduced to 30 %.  The accuraci of methods - 87 %.

Honors: The premiums and compensations of the Internal Affairs Office 1989,
1991, 1993, 1995.  The first qualifying category on surgery is awarded by
the Sertification of the Comission of a Medical Department of the Internal
Affair Office.  I expect to get the maximum category in 1997.

Tehnical skills: Computer programs FoxPro, Word, Windows95, Arm and others.

Other: Member of Omsk Branch of Russian Surgical Society

Languages: English

Interest: Running, travelling.

** 22 **********************************************************************

Sender:  world@dlc.edu.yar.ru

The Yaroslavl Regional Distance Learning Center, within the
framework of the "This is our time 97" international
telecommunication project would like to begin the
telecommunication project "The Ideal World through
the eyes of a child" and invites everyone to join in and
participate in this project.

The "The Ideal World through the eyes of a child" project is
to run for a significant period of time and will be
continued after the end of the "This is our Time 1997"
project. Participation in the project is free-of-charge for
all participants.

It is possible for children to participate in the project in
a number of different forms:

1) A story about their native country, city, village,
settlment, etc.

It is suggested that the participants write a short story
about their country, city, settlment, in any possible form.
It can be a literary story, a photostory, poetry, a song, a
videofilm or any other representation of information about
their native place on Earth. It can be HTML or VRML pages.
In the story they can reflect upon the history of the city,
its sights etc. Historical photos may also be included. The
participants are free to choose their own form and content.
The story can be written in Russian and/or in English.
Please send your pieces of work to world@dlc.edu.yar.ru. The
deadline for the first stage within the framework of the
"This is our Time 1997" project, is 30th May 1997.

All pieces of work received before May 30th will be
forwarded to the organizers of the "This is our Time 1997"
project and can be included in the project's final report.

The deadlines for the following stages are September 30th,
October 30th, November 30th 1997 respectively. The project
can also be continued into next year.

All pieces of work will be placed on the Yaroslavl Regional
Distance Learning Center's WWW site
(http://www.edu.yar.ru/).

2) E-mail exchange between participants

The participants have the possibility to discuss via E-mail
the modern world in relation to its social, ethnic,
economic, political, cultural and other problems. The
children can discuss what they like about the modern world and
what they would like to change. The participants are free to
discuss everything that interests them. Please send copies
of all materials to world@dlc.edu.yar.ru. All materials
received from participants will be placed on The Yaroslavl
Regional Distance Learning Center's WWW site. For E-mail
exchange the mailing lists world-l@dlc.edu.yar.ru (in
English) and world-r@dlc.edu.yar.ru (in Russian) can be
used. Please do not send binary files (pictures, programs
etc.) to these lists. The special mailing list
world-b@dlc.edu.yar.ru was created for this purpose. To
subscribe to these lists, send letters in any form to
world@dlc.edu.yar.ru with information on who are you and
which lists you wish to subscribe to. All lists will work at
least until the end of the year. We hope for increased
activity on these lists on May 16th 1997 - the actual day of
the "This is our Time 1997" project, as well as in the
period leading up to this date.

3) A description of the ideal city from a child's point of
view.

The participants can simulate what, from their own point of
view, is the ideal city. It can be a literary story, a
photostory, poetry, a song, a videofilm or any other form
which they choose. It can be HTML or VRML pages. The
participants are free to choose their own form and content.
Participants can write in Russian and/or in English. By
combining the participants' ideal cities, the Ideal World
will be created. The more participants there are from
various parts of the Earth who take part in this activity,
the more interesting and more objective the Virtual Ideal
World created will be. Send your works to
world@dlc.edu.yar.ru. The deadline for the first stage,
within the framework of the "This is our Time 1997" project
is May 30th 1997.

All pieces of work received before May 30th will be
forwarded to the organizers of the "This is our Time 1997"
project and can be included in the project's final report.

The deadlines for the following stages are September 30th,
October 30th, November 30th 1997 respectively. The project
can also be continued into next year.

The Virtual Ideal World created here will be placed on the
Yaroslavl Regional Distance Learning Center's WWW site
(http://www.edu.yar.ru/).

4) Other forms of activity

Participants in the project can suggest and carry out other
forms of activity, related to the Ideal World through the
eyes of a child. Such activities can be a lesson on the
Ideal World, pictures drawn on asphalt etc. You can
undertake these activities in your school or on a global
basis. Please forward all materials to unesco@dlc.edu.yar.ru
Materials will be placed on The Yaroslavl Regional Distance
Learning Center's WWW site and can be included in the
project's final report. The more materials we receive, the
more interesting the project Web pages and the final report
will be.

During the project in 1997 we may offer additional forms of
participation, especially those suggested by the
participants themselves.

If you interested in this project, please send applications to
world@dlc.edu.yar.ru.

Materials, which can't be sent via E-mail send please by
surface mail to

Yaroslavl Regional Distance Learning Center
PObox 1063,
Central Post Office,
150000, Yaroslavl,
Russia

                         Sergey Yurov, Dmitry Glazovsky

** 23 **********************************************************************

Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (puersuen@stud.uni-frankfurt.d400.de)

B2 Belavia
Belavia is now flying mondays and fridays from Minsk to Simferopol iso
wednesdays and sundays.

DE Condor
Condor starts June 2nd its service to Tbilisi, Georgia. A B757-200 will
leave every Monday evening. It offers a 48 Business and 152 Economy
Passenger Capacity.

HY Uzbekistan Airways
The Berlin (Schonefeld)-Tashkent service was postponed from April 1 to June
03. Business as usual.
With the delivery of the B767 a lot of flights (BJS, BKK, DEL, IST, JFK,
LHR, SEL, TLV) got new equipment.
One flight each has been cancelled on Beijing, Delhi, Karachi and Sharjah
routes. Jakarta service has been ceased. Tel Aviv is now served mondays and
thursdays by B767. The B767-30 between Tashkent and Frankfurt will be
replaced by the A310-300 when Berlin-Schoenefeld will be served. I cannot
believe. Do you? I have a picture of this Uzbek B767!!! Available on my
homepage. And I have found anotherone.
Uzbekistan Airways is going to lease a third A310-300 for 12 years.
The Ilyushin IL-114 has been a long time arriving, but certification is due
this month.
After a break of more than 1,5 years the HY timetable is again available in
Amadeus CRS and all flights are bookable.

KJ British Mediterranean
KJ again flies for British Airways to Bishkek. Now with a stop in Tbilisi.
With the other flights to Tbilisi, KJ started a crew layover in Tbilisi
instead of a crew and aircraft stop of 21.30hrs. Before, the plane made a
technical stop en route, most probably in Atyrau.

KTHY Cyprus Turkish Airlines
KTHY added its first MD-90 to its fleet of B727-200 and A310.

K4 Air Kazakstan
An An26 flies thursday to Dushanbe. This connex is the only internationally
available link to wartorn Tajikistan.
Due to unpaid airport fees, K4 is not welcome at some european airports.

LH Lufthansa
Now 3 flights a week to Ashgabat and Baku. Equipment was upgraded to
A313-300 (12F40C117Y) in October 96.
New service to Kazan, Tatarstan. Two flights a week by A319 (122CY).

LY El Al
The routing of the Simferopol, Crimea service was changed to Tel Aviv -
Minsk - Simferopol - Tel Aviv. Once a week by B757.

OS Austrian Airlines
Austrian Airlines has an new page at http://www.aua.com.
Austrian started a three times a week (MT.T... or 12.4...) service to the
Bosnian capital Sarajevo (SJJ) with its (I do not like them) MD80's (111 to
161 seats). 13.15-14.25/15.10-16.25 OS831/832
OS is the fourth international airlines to Sarajevo: JP Adria (DH7), OU
Croatia (AT4), TK Turkish (B734) and OS Austrian (MD80).

OZ Asiana
Two new destinations: Tashkent since April 22 one weekly and Istanbul
starting May 27 two weekly flights. Both by B767 with 247 CY seats.

SU Aeroflot
Flights to Bishkek leave now twice a week from Moscow-Sheremetyevo. First
flight was planned from March 30. When no Aeroflot office knew about this
date, the first flight took place on February 24. Now the one weekly service
was changed to two flights a week.

TK Turkish Airlines
Flights to Tashkent (four times a week) are now all nonstop. No more transit
in Almaty.
Two Almaty flights are nonstop, one comes via Bishkek from Istanbul, the
fourth goes via Bishkek to Istanbul.
A third Baku flight leaves in the late evening. Now only one day flight. So
more passengers get their connex in Istanbul without nightstop.
Still no details on Kazan and Simferopol flights.
TK switched its Bodrum flights from Imsik Airport to the new Milas Airport
which welcomes B734 equipment.
Schedule offers one weekly flight to Zurich, two weekly flights to
Ankara-Esenboga ESB and 16 weekly flights to Istanbul. All flights touching
Bodrum will be full for sure.

T5 Turkmenistan Airways
With the delivery of the B757 the flights to London, Birmingham and Istanbul
(RT 600USD) were reequipped. The spare B737 is now flying two times a day to
Moscow-Domodedovo. So T5 is the second outsider there after western equipped
Uzbekistan Airways with its A310-300. Domodedovo (one of the five Moskovskiy
airports) is the CIS aircraft melting pot.

V9 Bashirian Airlines
Flights to Tbilisi and Yerevan started. Four flights a week to Istanbul with
Tupolev 154.
V9 now offers less flights to Moscow-Domodedovo (16 a week).

XO China Xinjiang Airlines
There is one flight weekly from Urumchi to Tashkent with Tu154.

4T Russian Airlines
The Yak42 flights between Krasnodar (Caucasus) and Kazan (Ural) are now
shown in the OAG Guide. Flights leave wedneydays and saturdays.

6U Air Ukraine
The Tashkent - Kiev Borispol service has been switched to wednesday (sunday
before). Uzbekistan Airways is flying Kiev Zhulyany airport.

7M
The An24 flights between Tyumen (Siberia) and Kazan (Ural) are now shown in
the OAG Guide.

Bosnian air corridors at altitudes higher than 10,000 meters have been
reopened for civilian aircraft
---
There is a lot of crude oil in the above mentioned region, but most of them
have problems providing air fuel to their airports. Strange.
---
More at http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~puersuen/twa.htm   Entry to the
Aviation Page

Bye,
YANKI

** 24 **********************************************************************

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview April 20th, 1997,

Greetings,

   The latest *preview* of the Ukrainian Weekly is now available
on the Ukraine FAQ Plus site!  This is an exclusive regular
feature each week containing timely and the most up to date
information on Ukraine and the Ukrainian Diaspora available
on Internet.

Please stay tuned for some MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS coming in the
near future on TryzubSite!!!!!

   We also have a new little section in the "About Ukraine" page
where people may request that their pages dealing (accurately)
with Ukraine may be enplaced!  Drop us an email at faq@tryzub.com
   Please note that one may now browse the FAQ project using
an advanced three dimensional navigational tool.  Point your
browser to http://www.tryzub.com/ for information on how
to download the plug-in for your browser and the actual "mcf"
image which is used for this.
We also have a search engine where you can search through
most of the contents on TryzubSite.  Give it a try and let
us know what you think!  Send mail to WebMaster@Tryzub.com
TryzubSite is one of the quickest growing and most visited sites for matters
Ukrainian on Internet. Located at http://www.tryzub.com/, it is currently
host to several organizations. For information and to report problems
such as these, e-mail should always be sent to the attention of the site†s
webmaster to the address: WebMaster@TRYZUB.com. Contacting the webmaster
is the best way to guarantee that any problems are resolved in the most
efficient manner.

The address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project is now:

http://www.std.com/sabre/UKRAINE.html

Either click the button labelled "Current Events" by the
Tryzub (Trident) graphic or scroll down and click the
"Current Events" section summary to access this latest
news.

As always, please feel free to email us at faq@tryzub.com