01-05 May 97  Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (fyp@usa.net)
              Subject: Coverage Question

              Subject: russian dutch language courses

              Subject: CIS Museum URLs?

              Subject: Connections

              Subject: Employment hopeful

              Subject: Introduction to my Russian Home Page

              Subject: safe haven camps

              Subject: Where to find electric water heater for 220 volts????

              Subject: Re: Digest for 97-04-24

              Subject: Summer Conference at the Slavic Research

              Subject: flying aeroflot

              Subject: free offer

              Subject: Help

              Subject: Presentation on Ukrainian Banking

              Subject: tour to sacred Rus

17-05 May 97  Sender:  "Dr. Pyotr Johannevich van de Waal-Palms,
                       American_Bank, USA" (palbank@eskimo.com)
              Subject: free computers for Russian Schools

18-05 May 97  Sender:  Lydia D Thompson (lydia@ecologia.nier.org)
              Subject: Virtual Foundation

Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (fyp@usa.net)

Hi!

Has someone ever used a mobile telephone in Russia (except Moscow and St.
Pete) and along the Black Sea Cost of Turkey (starting Kastamonu)?

I would like to be informed about the coverage.

Thanks in advance
Yanki

Sender:  mon00018@pophost.club.innet.be

Hello, I am about to get married to a russian girl that only speaks
russian.  I want to assist her in learning dutch (my language).  I have
searched all over the place for a language course (book/cassette) that
teaches dutch to russian speakers.  Do you know if such a thing exists at
all?  If so, where could I find it?  I would be very gratefull for any
help/hints!

Thanks and regards,

Da sviedanje,

Danny Lenaerts

Sender:  David Merchant (mountaindragon@mindspring.com)

Greetings.  I am looking for URLs of museums (of any kind) in the CIS or
Former Soviet Union countries.  Spaceeba!

TTFN,
David Merchant
mountaindragon@mindspring.com

Sender:  rsmcvey@purdue.iuk.indiana.edu

I am an Assoc. Professor of Organizational Leadership at Purdue U. in
Indiana, USA. Would like to connect with similar faculty in Russia and
Ukraine.  If interests are very similar, would like to work on possible
faculty exchange.  I speak minimal Russian.  Also would like to find a good
reason/excuse to visit/work/volunteer in either country for a few weeks this
summer.  Steve McVey

Sender:  sarah lyng (sal5@ukc.ac.uk)

Hello.  I am a Master's student in Russian/ French and Turkish, seeking
employment in Russia, in any area of the country.  I am a qualified
Translator/Interpreter and have many other skills to hand.  Is there anyone
that could give me any information as to the opportunities available.  I do
already have work experience in Russia, In Moscow and Voronezh.  My CV is
available on request and obviously any further info as required.  Hope that
someone can help, advice etc welcome.  Thanks Sara

Sender:  "Douglas D. Hartman" (DouglasHartman@compuserve.com)

Dear all,
Please help me make my Russian home page better by sending me
your best links and sites.  I have roughly 200 sites/links already, but am
looking for more.  Thanks very much,
Douglas Hartman
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/DouglasHartman/homepage.htm

Sender:  Kim Cardin (kim@wingnet.net)

I was seeking info about "safe haven" summer camps. Hope you can help.
Kim@wingnet.net
Thanks!

Sender:  hmmr@dns.ida.net (Heather M. Redding)

Where can I buy a small, portable electric water-heating element (the kind
you put into a cup to make hot drinks for yourself) that will go with the
220 volts, 50 cycles AC electricity that is found in Russia?  Any addresses
of possible vendors of these handy gadgets?  Many thanks!

Sender:  Natalia Uglava (nsks689@glas.apc.org)

Dear Friends,

I am collecting phrases,idioms and interesting sayings all around the world.
If somebody has a hobby of that kind, or just has some stuff that could
interest me, please reply to:
Ilya Uglava (nsks689@glas.apc.org)

Thanks to you all.

Ilya.

"If you can't fly- run. If you can't run- walk. If you can't walk- crawl.
But by all means- keep on moving."
                                        -Martin Luther King-

Sender:  Rihito YAMAMURA (ry@slav.hokudai.ac.jp)
Subject: Summer Conference at the Slavic Research Center of Hokkaido Univ.

The Slavic Research Center of Hokkaido University is going to hold an
annual summer symposium from 16 to 19 of July 1997 , titled "Quest for
Models of Coexistence: National and Ethnic Dimensions of Changes in the
Slavic Eurasian World".  On this occasion we plan to present and discuss on
various aspects of national and ethnic issues in order that several models
of coexistence might eventually be attained.

Cessions are to be organized along the following topics: coexistence of
nationalities; politology of coexistence; imperium models of coexistence;
language and nationalities issues; nationalities questions in Central Asia;
region and identity; environment issues.

There will be organized also a special panel on the comparative analysis of
the Slavic and Chinese transfigurations in transition.

For more information, contact: Prof. Koichi Inoue
011-706-3158 Fax 011-709-9283 kinoue@slav.hokudai.ac.jp

Visit SRC's Web site: http://src-home.slav.hokudai.ac.jp/index-e.html

Sender:  Raffi Aftandelian (fetacheese@igc.apc.org)

Hi folks! I'll be flying aeroflot very soon. SF-Moscow. I have heard
that it is not the best airline in the world. What thoughts do you have on
making my flite as pleasurable as possible.

What kinds of things should I expect?

My big issues are:
i need clean tobacco-free air
vegetarian
clean bathrooms.

OK, I'm just shooting for the sky. Nobody ever said that was illegal, right?

-raffi aftandelian

please reply off the list
Raffi Aftandelian
1045 65th St.
Oakland, CA 94608 USA
San Pablo Creek, Shasta Bioregion, Turtle Island, GAIA
home: 510-653-7973
work: 510-251-4358
fax (work): 510-763-4109
Above information not to be used in any solicitations.
"Cucumbers are green."
		---Imam Khomeini

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making plans."
					-- mom

Sender:  emueller@bruderhof.com

Dear Friends,

Our Plough Publishing House just came out with the Spring book catalog of
which we gladly send you a free copy.  I am sure you will find books of
interest in there.  Some of the themes of our books: Spiritual Life,
Radical Christianity, Community, Social Transformation, Current Issues,
Marriage&Parenting, Children...

Anybody interested, write me a short message with your address.  We can
also offer you a free sample copy of our PLOUGH magazine, our quarterly
newsletter keeping you up to date with what we at the Bruderhof Communities
are experiencing!

Wishing you all a nice day, Eckhard

Eckhard Mueller				Tel. (412) 329-1100
The Plough Publishing House		Fax (412) 329-0914
Spring Valley Bruderhof			E-mail: EMueller@bruderhof.com
Farmington, PA 15437, USA		Website: http://www.bruderhof.org

Sender:  Doug Hall (csdoug@stmarytx.edu)

I am a professor of Computer Science at a Catholic University
here in San Antonio and ever-so-often I have books that I
would like to give to someone who might be able to especially use
them since they are unavailable to them.  These books are not
only computer science, but also economics, finance, banking, etc.
I have been gathering these books and sending them to someone
I had met from the Czech Republic.  Do you know of anyone in Russia
who might be interested?
Doug Hall, Ph.D.
Chair, CS Dept.
St. Mary's University