01-24 April 97  Sender:  Lotta@it-konsulst.se
                Subject: from Lotta

                Subject: from Mark D. Roberts

                Subject: from Vlad

                Subject: from Ken Luckmann

                Subject: from Virginia

                Subject: from Alex Parshukov and Nina Cherkashina

                Subject: from Emily Kessler

                Subject: from Justine Hamilton

                Subject: from Skip Evans

                Subject: from Tony Archer

                Subject: from  Albert  Troyan (formerly  Troyanosky)

                Subject: from Alan Palmer

                Subject: from Lana

                Subject: from Donald Houston

                Subject: from James Wick

                Subject: Opera Season & Moscow Contact

                Subject: Possible to get tickets to Ethnic dance events in

                Subject: TryzubSite presents: The Pysanka - the Ukrainian

                Subject: health insurance in Russia

                Subject: Humanitarian Aid

                Subject: invitation inquiry

                Subject: Internatiional Money Orders

                Subject: Textbook available on English agricultural

                         (funding@voyager.rtd.utk.edu)
                Subject: WCS Research Fellowship Program

10-24 April 97  Sender:  mvs3@po.CWRU.Edu (Maxim V. Soloviev)
                Subject: Call overseas for less (US-)Russia $.68/min)

** 01 ********************************************************************

Sender:  Lotta@it-konsulst.se

Hello everybody!!

I`m a Swedish girl, that really would like to get some penfriends from all
around the world.  I'm waiting for replies.  Take care of yourselves.
See you!!??

** 02 ********************************************************************

Sender:  mroberts@pb.seflin.org

I'm looking for emerging Russian Artists for possible representation and
sale of artworks in the US.

I will respond to all inquiries.

Thanking you in advance, I remain -

Mark D. Roberts

E-Mail: mroberts@pb.seflin.org

** 03 ********************************************************************

Sender:  vlad@inkom.ru

Good day!  Thank you creators of this server!  My name Vlad.  I live in
Moscow.  I 27 years.  Write me!  on lifes, on our countries, on all...

** 04 ********************************************************************

Sender:  kluckmann@delphi.com

So close and I never looked!  Exccellent resource for our Sister Cities
Organization (Obninsk/Oak RIdge, TN).  I'll be back many times I'm sure!

** 05 ********************************************************************

Sender:  SSSHEN@worldnet.att.net

I am an emergency physician living in Iowa with my family and have an
interest in learning about other countries and cultures. I enjoy horseback
riding, ballet, reading, and traveling. I visited Russia last May for the
purpose of adoption. I very much enjoyed meeting such friendly people and
seeing a few historical sights in Moscow. I currently am reading more about
Russian history and learning the Russian language. Would be interested in
Email exchanges with individuals from Russia or other foreign countries.
Would be glad to talk with other prospective adoptive parents also.  Have a
great day! Virginia

** 06 ********************************************************************

Sender:  rotering@ctctel.com

YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE HOW WE ARE HAPPY TO BE HERE, TO HAVE GREAT
FAMILIES,TO COMMUNICATE WITH SUCH A BRILLIANT PEOPLE AS YOU ARE,AND TO GET
NEW EXPERIENCE.SO WE ARE HAPPY P.S.  ZHENYA DIBCHINSKY,HI!

** 07 ********************************************************************

Sender:  eandd@swbell.net

This is the greatest thing that I've found on the internet!  It is so neat
to get to talk to people all over the world.  My family and I are from
Houston, Texas, USA.  My husband and I have been married for 23 years
and we have 3 daughters, all born in Germany.  We would love to have
pen-pals from anywhere.  I love looking at the letters in foreign language.
I can't read them, but I would really like to be able to talk to you.  This
is fantastic!  Thank you, Russia for starting this.  We sure would like to
hear from any of you out there!

Ya'll have a good day!
The Kessler Family
David & Emily
Misty, Holly & Wendi
eandd@swbell.net

** 08 ********************************************************************

Sender:  justine@ksu.edu

I have been a Friends & Partners listserv subscriber for about 3 years now,
and I am very grateful that you offer this service.  I have counted on it
numerous times in the past for information and interesting discussion.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to all who work hard to keep it up and an
enormous "thank you" to the creators.

Sincerely,
Justine A. Hamilton

Kansas State University
907 Osage
Manhattan, KS  66502
justine@ksu.edu

** 09 ********************************************************************

Sender:  tallulah@mindspring.com

Hello Friends of F&P,

If you are travelling to Russia soon or know someone who is you can do a
great service for some very unfortunate children who live in the orphanages
of Moscow and St.  Petersburg.  These facilities are in dire need of basic
medical supplies, and simple donations brought in from tourists and
business people can be lifesaving contributions to a small child.  Please
contact me if you will be travelling to Russia soon or can contact someone
who is.  We are a small group of individuals trying to make a difference to
a few children in desparate need.

Thanking you in advance for your kindness,

Skip Evans & Julianne Wiley

** 10 ********************************************************************

Sender:  Tonyaaa@usa.net

Hi- this is a really interesting website.  Does anyone know of places to
study Russian in Moscow for someone who speaks only English.  I live in
Utah in the USA.  I would be interested in hearing from Russinas, and
writing back.  Thanks, Tony

** 11 ********************************************************************

Sender:  Tasticfun@aol.com

HELLO, LOOKING FOR RUSSIAN RELATIVES

I'm a 43 year American looking for relatives my grandfather left in Russia.

My grandfather was born in 1895 on a farm near the Polish-Russian border.
I've been told the town nearby had the same name as the family, something
like Troyanosky.  My grandfather came to America in 1911 at age 16 and left
brothers and family in Russia.

I also know he worked at a brewery in St.Petersburg before coming to
America.

ANYTHING SOUND FAMILIAR ANY HELP IN FINDING RELATIVES WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Thank You, Al Troyan

** 12 ********************************************************************

Sender:  palmers@internexus.co.uk

I like your site. I had been surfing the "net" for Russian related pages
and I found your site. I am 40 years old, a manager and my interest stems
from having several students stay in our home from Saratov (CAPATOB) Volga
each year since 1993. They have become our friends and I am pleased to say
that the first student who stayed with us is currently working for six
months at Salford University to help with the TEMPUS programme which unites
different universities across Europe.

Good luck with the site and with your aims

Yours faithfully,

Alan Palmer

** 13 ********************************************************************

Sender:  LANAS676@AOL.COM

Hello.  I was lucky enough to find this page.  I need help!  I was born in
America but I am Russian.  I speak, read, write English and Russian.  I
would like to communicate via the computer in Russian.  Can anyone help me?
How do I go about doing this?  Also, I will be travelling to Moscow in
June.  I would like to take my laptop. How do I get connected to the
internet/e-mail once I get there?  Do I need special plugs, etc.  I am
looking to import from Russia.  Has anyone had any experience doing this?
Thanks, Lana

** 14 ********************************************************************

Sender:  docdonald@usa.net

This great! I work in the former SovUn and have wondered about just such an
area for the I-net.

** 15 ********************************************************************

Sender:  james.wick@nau.edu

I am a retired University Professor who lives in Flagstaff, Arizona, USA.
Since retiring I have ridden some 50,000 miles on a bicycle.  I printed the
following in our local cycling club newsletter.  Riding out to Bellemont on
February 11, I overtook a cyclist loaded down with paniers and touring
gear.  Pulling along side I asked him where he was from and about fell off
my bvike when he said, "RUSSIA".  Valeri Minonenko, of Ryazan, Russia, is
touring the WORLD by bicycle for the purpose of visiting all of the olympic
cities for the last 100 years.  He has been on the road for 14 months and
has been through Europe, North Africa, Canada, and US.  After sites in
California he will ride Mexico, Central Am., S America to Argentina then
fly to Australia.  He plans to ride across Australia, then on through
Indonesia, Malaysia, thailand, China, Korea, Japan, and across Siberia to
Ryazan.  His family awaits him.  I bought him lunch and we chatted for an
hour.  As the sun was sliding toward the horizon we asked a patron to take
our photo with his camera, wee shook hands, said "goodbye", and rode off in
opposite directions.  Watch for his book in a few years.  Jim Wick

** 01 ********************************************************************

Sender:  Kevin Andreassend (russkidom@xtra.co.nz)

Dear Fellow Friends

I would appreciate hearing from someone in Moscow who would like to
develop friendship and can answer the following question.

Do you know when the Bolshoi Opera Season is?  Does it close for May/June.
Do you know what will be the performance during this time?  I require this
information asap.  Best Regards from New Zealand

Kevin Andreassend
Russkidom International Ltd
Auckland
New Zealand

** 02 ********************************************************************

Sender:  Beverly Seavey (seavey@cs.wisc.edu)
Subject: Possible to get tickets to Ethnic dance events in Petersburg?

I'll be in Petersburg in June. I very much would like to see any
ethnic dance while I'm there.  Are there still people in Petersburg that
stge ethnic dance other that Russian? e.g., Uzbek, Georgian, Armenian?
Does anyone know anyone there that would be willing to teach me some
ethnic dance? I have experience in Indian, Uzbek and Javanese dance
and I speak passable Russian.

** 03 ********************************************************************

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
Subject: TryzubSite presents: The Pysanka - the Ukrainian Easter Egg.

Greetings,

With special thanks to Sofia Zielyk, one may now see many examples of the
art of the Pysanka, the traditional Ukrainian Easter Egg.  Here one may
find information on its origins, its symbolisms, and how to find out even
more, including on how to make your own!

Please look at the homepages section at  http://www.tryzub.com/ From there,
click on Sofia Zielyk's page.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

As always, please feel free to email us at WebMaster@Tryzub.com

** 04 ********************************************************************

Sender:  Raffi Aftandelian (fetacheese@igc.apc.org)

Hi folks!  I am writing from Oakland, California, USA.  I am going to be in
Russia starting September this year.  I was wondering if folks knew of any
affordable health insurance that I could buy that would cover me.

What I am basically seeking is an insurance that will:
cover cost of evacuating me from the country in the event of a medical
emergency low co-pay on prescription drugs (5-10 US dollars)

Any leads?

I would welcome folks sharing their experiences with health insurance while
in Russia.

Thanks,
Raffi

**please reply off the list!**

Raffi Aftandelian
1045 65th St.
Oakland, CA 94608 USA
San Pablo Creek, Shasta Bioregion, Turtle Island, GAIA
home: 510-653-7973
work: 510-251-4358
fax (work): 510-763-4109
Above information not to be used in any solicitations.

"Cucumbers are green."
		---Imam Khomeini

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making plans."
					-- mom

** 05 ********************************************************************

Sender:  YANKI PURSUN (puersuen@stud.uni-frankfurt.d400.de)

Do you have any idea where to send used clothes as humanitarian aid?

Thanks
YANKI
Best regards :-)     YANKI PURSUN - Frankfurt, Germany

** 06 ********************************************************************

Sender:  Angie Wright (angie.wright@worldlearning.org)

Greetings everyone, I am another fan of this list. I live in New
Hampshire, but have spent almost two years teaching in Russia. I love it
there. I have a friend who would like to visit the United States and needs
an invitation. Can someone out there let me know what the procedure is to
invite a Russian visitor to the U.S.?
Spasibo,

Angie Wright

angie.wright@worldlearning.org

** 07 ********************************************************************

Sender:  "Karen R. Obenshain" (obenshai@esarl.tulane.edu)

Good afternoon!

money to Russia from Amercia, the best way is an international wire
transfer.  His partners in the USA need to go to their bank and request
that a certain amount of money be transferred from their account to another
account at a Russian bank.  This is very quick-usually 3 to 5 days and has
a minimal service cost, depending on the bank.  To do this transaction,
both parties need to have bank accounts.  I have used this system to
transfer funds to Kazakstan so I know it works.

Let me know what happens,

Karen

** 08 ********************************************************************

Sender:  Jennifer Abel (jabel@rodaleinst.org)
Subject: Textbook available on English agricultural terminology

Please respond directly to the e-mail address or phone number at the
end of this message.

A friend of mine in Russia has recently written a guide to English
agricultural teminology for Russian speakers. The guide uses dialogues to
introduce key concepts and extracts sentences from them to explain
grammmar and vocabulary. The book includes chapters on plants
and crops, small businesses, extension education, accounting, and agri-
tourism. It also includes appendices on irregular verbs, phonetics and
weights and measures. Along with the guide are two accompanying volumes:
a teachers' manual and a workbook.

This guide is useful for Russian farmers and entrepreneurs doing
internships and apprenticeships in the US, for food producers in Russia
who work with American agribusinesses and other farming organizations,
for teachers of English as a Second Language who work with Russians, and
for others interested in honing their knowledge of English farming terms.

The three book series is being sold for $20, which includes shipping and
handling.  The author, Tatyana Perova, is looking for people in the US
interested in buying the book.  To print the book in Russia she needs
orders to pay for the printing.  She needs to receive all orders by July 1
and will be distributing the book in January 1998.

Tatyana is in the US until 5 May, so those interested in purchasing the
guide can contact her by e-mail at reapintl@dhinternet.com, by snail mail
at 1427 4th Street SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, or by phone at
(888)957-0616. After 5 May she can be reached in Moscow at the e-mail
address: reap@glas.apc.org.