Digest 04-18-97

01-18 April 97  Sender:  MBCarvalho@panther.unisys.com.br, "Ph.D."
(mbrito@unisys.com.br)
                Subject: e-mail friend in Russia

                Subject: more young writers on SOLAR

                Subject: How to pray in Russian

                Subject: Please help: international money orders

                Subject: TryzubSite: Are you looking for something dealing

                Subject: Re: tmg - GSM Mobile Telephoning

                Subject: Presenting IDC Web Site, a Russia-Belarus seminar

                Subject: aerospace cities

                Subject: Computer engineer seeking Moscow position

10-18 April 97  Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
                Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly
                         Preview April 13th, 1997

11-18 April 97  Sender:  KAREN.WESTERGAARD@kpmg.sprint.com
                Subject: Presentation on Ukrainian Banking

Sender:  MBCarvalho@panther.unisys.com.br, "Ph.D." (mbrito@unisys.com.br)

Dear Friends,

I am a Brazilian University professor, 50, who would be very happy
to correspond with someone in Russia. I will be visiting Moscow in July or
December this year and I would be very pleased, if I could e-mail to
somebody about Russian life, customs, etc.

I am interested in languages (I speak Portuguese, Spanish, English
and German) and in computers. I have a very limited knowledge of Russian
(just some words and a very few sentences).

Thank you!

Sender:  A S Vernitskii (asvern@essex.ac.uk)

On the 14th of April selections of three more young Russian writers
(Yekaterina Zhivova, Il'ya Vasiliev, Maxim Skvortsov) were added to my
homepage; the selections were prepared and offered to me by the Moscow
literary critic Dmitrii Kuz'min.

Alexey Vernitskii

Sender:  bimasena@indo.net.id

Greetings!

I want to say my pray in Russian. Please help me, especially for The Lord's
Prayer. Please include the english version -for comparing- and the way how
to say it literally, like appears in Webster Dictionary, because I do not
speak in Russian and poor in english.

Thank you and God bless you all.

Regards from Indonesia,
Dayan

Sender:  "Michael M. Koltashev" (Koltashev@iae.nsk.su)

Hi, friends!

I live in Rusiia and have a real trouble getting money from the USA.
Actually I need to get about $100 per transaction.
My partners in the USA sent me international money order.
I received it in 2 days but charged $40.

Another way is to send a check by mail.
In this case I charge about $15 but need to wait about 2 month to
cancel the check.

Does anybody know more or less convenient way for international money
orders?

Thanks thereafter.
Mic.

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
Subject: TryzubSite: Are you looking for something dealing with Ukrainian

Greetings,

Search even MORE!

Take a look at the new search feature now available at
http://www.tryzub.com/ which
has now installed a powerful search engine!

Almost the entire site is now available for generic perusal!

If you can't find it here, let us know what you're looking for and we'll try to
help or include it!

= = = = =

As always, please feel free to email us at WebMaster@tryzub.com

Sender:  ssahin@amele.org (Suleyman Sahin)

TURKCELL is going to service in Georgia, Azerbaijan as I know .

YANKI PURSUN wrote:

) Does someone have any info on GSM Mobile Telephoning in the cities
) Cheboksary, Kazan, Ufa, Ashgabat, Tashkent, Bishkek and Almaty?
)
) I know for some, but am sure for all cities. There are Mobile Telephone
) Systems. But what is the reason for these companies not to introduce
) international, roamable GSM nets? It was reported that there are plans to
) build a GSM net in Tashkent. Already done?
)
) Any knowledge?
)
) P.S. There are GSM nets in Baku (already?), Moscow, Nizhniy, Tbilisi
) (already?) and St. Pete. Somewhere else in the CIS?
)
) Thanks
) YANKI
) Best regards :-)     YANKI PURSUN - Frankfurt, Germany

Sender:  "Andrey Ozharovskii" (zarov@host.cis.lead.org)

Dear friends,

I would like to present a newly reconstructed Web Site of a Russian
NGO, International Discussion Club - Moscow (IDC):
http://www.cis.lead.org/zarov/idc.html

IDC is a peoples' initiative devoted to international contacts and
exchanges. At the Site you can find various information about our
projects and activities and about history of our NGO.

Our "hot" project now is  a seminar devoted to problems of
Russia-Belarus re-unification to be held in Minsk and in Moscow in
May 1997. For details, please refer to
http://www.cis.lead.org/zarov/belarus.html
or just write me.

Among our projects:
* Summer University - courses in Russian language and culture for
foreign students in St.Petersburg;
* Arboretum in Novorossiysk - a grassroots environmental initiative;
* election observation in Russia - see the reports about the
elections in 1993, 95 and 96;
* Belarus Magic News - archives of a private mailing list devoted to
Belarus;
* INGO - a new International Non-Governmental organization for
international affairs;
* and some more .....

I kindly invite everyone who is interested in IDC projects to visit
the Web Site and/or contact me directly.

Sincerely yours,

Andrey Ozharovskii, President
of the International Discussion Club - Moscow

e-mail: zarov@host.cis.lead.org               Kashirskoje shosse 88/26-112
http://www.cis.lead.org/zarov/idc.html        115551 Moscow
fax: +7-095-2002265 [attn. of IDC]             Russia

Sender:  Eric Douglas (Ericd@citynet.net)

Greetings Friends

For those of interested in Space and the aerospace industry I would like to
draw your attention to an initiative by the Russia and West Virginia
Foundation and others to form the Aerospace Cities Alliance, an information
sharing organization between the cities like Korolev Russia where the
Russian Space Flight Control Center is located and cities like Huntsville
Alabama where NASA has facilities.  A white paper on the subject can be
found on the Foundation homepage at
http://www.friends-partners.org/~ericd/index.htm

Also, I am getting married in the United States this weekend and then
returning to Russia for my honeymoon (my fifth trip.  We are planning to
have a Russian Folk wedding as part of my celebration.  Wish me luck.  I
plan to have the story and photos on the homepage soon after we return.  In
the mean time, I invite everyone to check out some of my photos of Russia
on the foundation page.

Sincerely,

Eric Douglas
Ericd@citynet.net
Foundation page
http://www.friends-partners.org/~ericd/index.htm
Personal page
http://www.citynet.net/personal/ericd/index.html

Sender:  Georgios Koutepas (gkoutep@softlab.ece.ntua.gr)

Dear friends,

I'm an electrical and computer engineer from Greece, with work and research
experience in the field of system administration and network management
and technologies. I would like to get some work experience in Russia for
the second half of 1997, preferably paid.

My main goal is to get a picture of the IT market and the developments
in my field in Russia and have a chance to get acquainted with life there too.
I believe that through my knowledge I can offer useful work in any
position. My Russian is fair, constantly improving and I have been in
the country before some times in the past.

My complete CV is available upon request, or at the address:
http://www.netmode.ntua.gr/~gkoutep/resume.html

Even some advice will be very useful for me.
Many thanks in advance,

Georgios Koutepas

P.S. For anyone wanting to contact with me in person, I'm going to be
in Moscow for about 20 days in the end of April/beginning of May.

Georgios Koutepas                  gkoutep@netmode.ntua.gr
Graduate Student
Network Management and Optimal Design Laboratory (NETMODE)
National Technical University of Athens, Greece

Sender:  Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj (Bohdan@TRYZUB.com)
Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus: The Ukrainian Weekly Preview April 13th, 1997,

Greetings,

The latest *preview* of the Ukrainian Weekly is now available on the
Ukraine FAQ Plus site!  This is an exclusive regular feature each week
containing timely and the most up to date information on Ukraine and the
Ukrainian Diaspora available on Internet.

A new feature - the Table of Contents (TOC) for the issue is now available!

The Ukrainian Weekly is the largest weekly newspaper (in English) extant in
the Western world covering Ukrainian issues both in Ukraine and in the
Ukrainian Diaspora.  The preview is available on Internet at the address of
the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project.  You can obtain subscription information in
order to read the complete articles when you visit the web-site.  The
Ukrainian Weekly is funded by the Ukrainian National Association and your
subscriptions.  Their website may be perused at http://www.tryzub.com/UNA/.

We also have a new little section in the "About Ukraine" page where people
may request that their pages dealing (accurately) with Ukraine may be
enplaced!  Drop us an email at faq@tryzub.com

Please note that one may now browse the FAQ project using an advanced three
dimensional navigational tool.  Point your browser to
http://www.tryzub.com/ for information on how to download the plug-in for
your browser and the actual "mcf" image which is used for this.

TryzubSite is one of the quickest growing and most visited sites for
matters Ukrainian on Internet.  Located at http://www.tryzub.com/, it is
currently host to several organizations.  For information and to report
problems such as these, e-mail should always be sent to the attention of
the site†s webmaster to the address: WebMaster@TRYZUB.com.  Contacting the
webmaster is the best way to guarantee that any problems are resolved in
the most efficient manner.

The address of the Ukraine FAQ Plus Project is now:

http://www.std.com/sabre/UKRAINE.html

Either click the button labelled "Current Events" by the Tryzub (Trident)
graphic or scroll down and click the "Current Events" section summary to
access this latest news.

As always, please feel free to email us at faq@tryzub.com with comments.
We always are looking for contributions as well.

Sender:  KAREN.WESTERGAARD@kpmg.sprint.com

Dear Persons Interested in Banking in Ukraine:

We are writing to invite you to a presentation on the current state of
affairs in banking in Ukraine.  The presentation will be made by bankers
from Ukraine and by faculty from Ukrainian universities who are doing
research in and teaching banking topics.  The presentation will be held in
New York on Thursday, April 24, from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.  followed by
discussion.  It will be held at the Shelburne Murray Hill, 303 Lexington
Ave.

The bankers and banking faculty are in the United States on a study tour
sponsored by the US Agency for International Development (USAID).  The goal
of the study tour is to learn about US banking by visiting banks and other
financial institutions and meeting with their representatives.  An
important way to learn is to make a well researched presentation about
banking in Ukraine and invite comments from a knowledgeable audience.  Our
presentation will focus on commercial banks, but we will also present most
recent policies of the National Bank of Ukraine.

I hope that you will join us at our presentation at 9:00 on April 24.  Our
host during the study tour is Barents Group, in Washington, DC.  The person
coordinating the study group is Ms.  Randa Wegenhoft.  She can be reached
at 202-331-4555; fax 202-463-6563; e-mail: rwegenhoft@barents.com.  Kindly
let her know if you can accept our invitation.

Very truly yours,

Andrew Masiuk
Deputy Director General
International Management Institute - Kyiv

Karen Westergaard
Resident Banking Advisor
Barents Group LLC
Kyiv

Angie Croft
Administrative Services Assistant
Center for International Networking Initiatives
The University of Tennessee
2000 Lake Avenue
Knoxville, TN  37996-3925
Phone: (423) 974-7277