01-20 March 97  Sender:  rkeli@mailbox.riga.lv
                Subject: from Elina Mokricka

                Subject: from Jeff

                Subject: from JIM STEPHENS

                Subject: from Kate Tsui

                Subject: from Mike Workman

                Subject: from Robin

                Subject: from WuntLuvBad

                Subject: from Alexei

                Subject: from christopher

                Subject: from Dan

                Subject: from David

                Subject: Contacts

                Subject: David Johnson's Russia List

                Subject: help . ..

                Subject: world of education

                Subject: Come to the Russian Community in Tucker, Georgia USA

                Subject: comment about friends/cyrillic/cyrillic.html

                Subject: Computor Sales and Service in Moscow?

                Subject: Doing business with Russian Americans

                Subject: Re: Need Immigration Assistance

                Subject: Create import-export contracts in 12 languages

11-20 March 97  Sender:  "A. Donovan Meyers III" (donovan@ecologia.nier.org)
                Subject: CIVILSOC digest 462 (x-post CivilSoc)

Sender:  rkeli@mailbox.riga.lv

Is someone interesting in Latvia too?
Let's talk about it!

Sender:  lnustruk.pzwj2n@gmeds.com

Hello, I'm Jeff, a 23 yr old American Russophile who would enjoy the chance
to write to and meet some young people from Russia.  I speak a little
broken Russian, so it is not necessary for you to speak english well.  I
have been to Moscow once, and would like someday to return to that
fascinating country.  Thanks all.

Sender:  STEPHENSFAM5@juno.com

I AM VERY INTERESTED IN LEARNING THE RUSSIAN LANGUAGE. ANYONE KNOW OF AN
INEXPENSIVE AND EASY WAY PLEASE E-MAIL ME.

THANKS JIM

PS THIS IS A GREAT SITE

Sender:  katetsui@netvigator.com

hhhhhheeeeeeelllllllooooooo everyone!!! My name is Kate and came from Hong
Kong.  I want to have you be my e-mail friends whatever you are young or
old, boys or girls, I like to talk with you and share with you!!!! Thanks
for your chance you gave that I can learn from you!!! See ya Later!!!

Sender:  mworkman@center.colgate.edu

I would really like to find a Russian/Post Soviet Union Pen-Pal.  I would
like to hear about life in that area of the world and share my views with
others.  Write if interested.

Sender:  requejor@lewisville.isd.tenet.edu

I will be visiting Russia this coming summer to either Penza or Saransk. I
am looking for information / pen pals. Send a message if you have or can be.

Thanks. P.S. I love this site!

Sender:  WuntLuvBad@AOL

Thanks,,,,,, just started AOL, love Russia, I have an INTENSE interest in
the PEOPLE of Russia. I'm an honorable person and want to "pen pal" with
them... I appreciate your "no politics" policy as I am the same way......
people are people and we should love and respect each other.
Do you know a way I can start up a couple of friends IN RUSSIA on
e-mail.... I pledge "no sexual crap love" like is so overwhelming on chat
rooms etc....

I've only spent approx 5 mins on your stuff so far and it all looks good..
keep it up, do more.... anything on Kiev.....

Remember I'm only a beginner.

Sender:  root@svarka.ngtu.vdonsk.ru

Hi everybody, I am Alexei,I am 24.It is the first time I take a look at
this site.I think why not share a poem with all of you?

            The Sail
(by Mikhail Yurjyevich Lermontov)

A lone white sail shows for an instant
Where gleams the sea, an azure streak.
What left it in its home distant?
In alien parts what does it
seek?

The billows play,
  the mast bends creaking,
The wind impatient moans and sighs...
It is not joy that it is seeking,
Nor is it happiness it flies.

The blue waves dance,
   they dance and tremble,
The sun's bright rays caress the seas.
And yet for storm it begs, the rebel,
As if in storm lurked calm
   and peace!..

1832

I am very glad if you like it.  I'll be glad to hear from you.  Do
svidaniya.  Alexei.

Sender:  cppaul@ozemail.com.au

Hello, everybody my name is christopher and iam 13yrs old i live in
queensland,in (AUSTRALIA) and i would love to have a penpal preferably
from another country.  Thanks.

Sender:  dan@stunix.uni.udm.ru

Hello everybody! I'm: a) Fukalov S. Daniil from Izhevsk (Russia); b) 19; c)
interested in mathematics, economics, programming, sociology, humor, music,
sport, etc.; d) study in Udmurt State University. I'll reply for all e-mail
messages to me. Sorry, Dan.

Sender:  del777@bright.net

I am looking for people to correspond with in Minsk and St. Petersburg. I
have been to both cities. I would like to return to both cities this
summer. Anyone, young or old, male or female, interested in corresponding
via e-mail, please send me an "e".

Sender:  "Paul Lais" (sailp@worldnet.att.net)

I am still looking for an English speaking contact in Saratov, and one on
the east side of the Volga near Moscow or Brunnental.

Paul A. Lais, sailp@worldnet.att.net
21111 118th Ave. E
Graham, WA  98338
Searching Lais, Leis, Niederhaus, Zwetzig

Sender:  rm -rf /* (fyr@netcom.com)

Hello, I just joined the list.

Does anyone know how to join David Johnson's Russia List? (There's an
article at http://www.nytimes.com/library/cyber/week/031797russia.html)

Thanx.

Sender:  Alexander Peker, autocrat@juno.com

Zdravstvuite,
My name is Alexander (Sasha). A friend of mine and I are trying to start
the Russian Monarchical Society of America. I was wanderring if there is
any information that you can provide that would help us.
Our website is going to be located on www.geocities.com and we would be
more than happy to link your site and advertise it.
Thank you.
Sincerely yours,
Alexander B. Peker

Sender:  ap371@lafn.org (Frank McLaren)

Can you help me to find an e-mail contact with the russian
publication "world of education", or the firm "novaya shkola"?

Sender:  JeffreyH@aol.com

I'm  a native of Tucker and I am proud to support our Russian community and
one of my favorite places CAFE STOLECNOI ......Its actually hard to get in if
you are not Russian.

Ya'll Come Now

Jeff

Sender:  101332.2070@compuserve.com   Lie

I am trying to make my keyboard 'go Ukrainian'. Russian or
Bulgarian won't do, I'm afraid. Any good ideas about where I
can find this? Advise would be greatly appreciated. B

Sender:  JOHN GEORGE (georgy@terracom.net)

I am looking for a company which can install and service a computor at
the Moscow Circus School.  The Director and staff would also require
training.  If your firm can help, please make contact in the next few
weeks.
Thankyou,
John George
--
GIF89a

Sender:  Belmagnews@aol.com

Any ideas on how to target Russian Americans for business?

I know some phone cos (e.g. AT&T) have Russian marketing campaigns in US
directed at Russian immigrants to promote long distance and various plans.

How do they (and others) do it? What are the cultural peculiarities of the
Russian Americans? How do they perceive this sort of solicitation and what is
the response and result ratios?

Anything written about this in the biz and general press? Any first-hand
experiences?

Any help is appreciated.

Patrick Colebright

belmagnews@aol.com

Sender:  David Winegar (dadooz@villagenet.com)

A friend of the family has emmigrated to the US in June of 1994 from Latvia.
She is a Mother of a 14 year old girl, and is trying desperately to stay
here in the US.  Her father was a russian officer, and when the goverments
changed the Latvian authorities took away her apartment, and her job, and
her future.  She was forced to take her daughter and look for a better life.

She heard about an article called "Human Rights in Latvia" which she would
like to get, in an effort to help with her discussions with the US
Immigration and Naturalization Dept.

Also any help or advice that you can offer would certainly be appreciated.
She is expecting to have another interview with Immigration and would like
to find information from others who have come from Latvia and have been able
to stay.

The following people can help her with an opinion of life in Latvia which
will support her situation.  Do you know how to either reach them or do you
have any information about what they have written.

Tatjana Zdanoka
Vladimir Buzajev
Genadij Kotov
Boris Tsilevich

Thank you very much for any help or advice you can offer.

Sincerely,

David Winegar ( friend of Valentina Dubovska)

You may email me at dadooz@villagenet.com

or you can send anything pertaining to the above directly

Valentina Dubovska
297 Chambers Ave.
East Meadow, NY 11554
  David L. Winegar          Smithtown, New York
dadooz@villagenet.com

Sender:  comvel@interlog.com

New revolutionary computer program - FairWay 2.0 helps you
to draw up a perfect contract in your own language and
instantly translates it into any of 12 supported languages.
The resulting document will meet all requirements of
International Contracting Law and INCOTERMS and takes only
minutes to complete.

Just fill in the forms on the screen and select the proper
options from the menu as the program walks you through the
text of a contract. When it has all the necessary information,
FairWay will create the final text of a contract in any of
12 supported languages.

Program interface and contract translation can be configured
to work in any combination of the following languages: English,
French, German, Spanish, RUSSIAN, Ukrainian, Swedish, Danish,
Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian.

DOWNLOAD FREE DEMO FROM
http://www.comvel.com/contract

Sender:  "A. Donovan Meyers III" (donovan@ecologia.nier.org)
Subject: Virtual Foundation by "A. Donovan Meyers III (x-post CivilSoc)

from CIVILSOC Digest 462

Topics covered in this issue include:

1) Virtual Foundation by "A. Donovan Meyers III" (donovan@ecologia.nier.org)

Dear Listmembers:
I'm sending you this because I thought you'd be interested in the
democracy building aspects of the project.

The Virtual Foundation(tm) is a website where donors can search for
small proposals that fit their interests.  It's a service whereby those
interested in the environment, NGO capacity building, human health, and
community building and sustainable economic activity can become linked
with the grassroots groups in Eurasia making a concrete difference.

We created the Virtual Foundation because the grassroots groups which
are building democracy from the ground up are just getting established
in the former Soviet Union, and now their funding is being severely
cut from all angles. Donors around the world want to know that their
contributions go to make a change, so we link donors and grassroots
groups-creating a new model of sustainable philanthropy over the Internet.

The Virtual Foundation consists of a consortium of established
grantmaking organizations headed by ECOLOGIA, a US-based 501 (c) (3)
organization working in the FSU since 1988. Some of our partners include
the Environmental Partnership for Central Europe (EPCE) offices in:
Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland; the Pacific Environment
and Resources Center (PERC), ISAR offices in Moscow, Central Asia, and
the Caucasus; the ECOLOGIA Baltic Mini-grants office, the Sacred Earth
Network (SEN), the ECOLOGIA China Demonstration Project, and Baikalwatch.

An example of how the Virtual Foundation works:
Sitting in front of your computer, you decide to visit the Website. You
search for projects that interest you, and find a fantastic project to
purchase an email computer for a school group in Ukraine for $1087. You
pledge to donate either part or all of the grant request on the "Make
a Donation" page. The Virtual Foundation sends you an invoice for your
pledge and then a thank you for your tax deductible donation.

What can you do?
1. You can visit the Virtual Foundation and consider making a donation-
in your name, anonymously, as a gift, or as a memorial.
2. You can tell others about the Virtual Foundation.
3. If you know of other grant-making organizations which would be good
Virtual Foundation consortium members, you can write us about them at
the email address below.

If you have any questions or comments, you can direct them to Lydia
Thompson, at: lydia@ecologia.org.

--
A. Donovan Meyers, III, ECOLOGIA Nerd       Calymmatobacterium granulomatis
donovan@ecologia.nier.org           http://www.ecologia.org/staff/donovan/

	|     CivilSoc is a project of the Center for Civil     |
	| Society International (ccsi@u.washington.edu)         |
	| in Seattle, in association with Friends & Partners.   |
	|     For more information about civic initiatives in   |
	| the former USSR visit CCSI's web site at:             |
	|         http://www.friends-partners.org/~ccsi/        |

End of CIVILSOC Digest 462