#01-30 August 95  St. Petersburg Press issues #120, #121

#02-30 August 95  The Fresh Guide to St. Petersburg

#03-30 August 95  Cooperation Committee Home Page

#04-30 August 95  New GlasNews issue

#05-30 August 95  New BISNIS documents

RECENT EMAIL . . .

#01-30 August 95  Sender:  kcollins@gelac.lasc.lockheed.com (Kyle Collins)
                  Subject: Re: Mail to Kamchatka

#02-30 August 95  Sender:  "FRED W. GRUNER" ( 76243.1237@compuserve.com )
                  Subject: METHODISTS

#03-30 August 95  Sender:  karen@gate.net
                  Subject: Re: Digest for 95-08-25

#04-30 August 95  Sender:  "Dmitriy V. Isaev" ( dmitriy@soros.crimea.ua )
                  Subject: E-mail at Hartwick college

#05-30 August 95  Sender:  102016.1136@compuserve.com.
                  Subject: Re: undergraduate internship or summer position

#06-30 August 95  Sender:  Norman Campbell ( normcamp@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU )
                  Subject: Schliemann "Trojan Gold" exhibition at Pushkin?

#07-30 August 95  Sender:  Jim Curtis ( GRAJC@MIZZOU1.missouri.edu )
                  Subject: Request

#08-30 August 95  Sender:  Alan Boyle ( glasnews@eskimo.com )
                  Subject: Summer GlasNews

#09-30 August 95  Sender:  bohdan@tryzub.com (Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj)
                  Subject: Ukraine FAQ Plus presents:
                           The Ukrainian Legal Foundation ONLINE

#10-30 August 95  Sender: bohdan@tryzub.com (Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj)
                  Subject: Latest Ukrainian Weekly Preview now available on
                           Ukraine FAQ Plus!

#11-30 August 95  Sender: Jim  Green (jim.green_u@damark.com)
                  Subject: Seeking Amateur Radio Operators in Odessa

#12-30 August 95  Sender: Tom Layton 687-6939 (LAYTON@4j.lane.edu)
                  Subject: CyberSchool

#13-30 August 95  Sender:  "Int'l. Res. and Exch. Board"
                           ( irex@info.irex.org )
                  Subject: Info for NIS Scholars Seeking US Educ.
                           Opportunities

#14-30 August 95  Sender:  mac@MAINE.maine.edu (Dennis McConnell -
                           UMaine, U.S.A.)
                  Subject: Volunteers for Business Entrepreneur Program

#15-30 August 95  Sender:  "Funding Opportunity System"
                           ( funding@solar.rtd.utk.edu )
                  Subject: NIS Secondary School Initiative for School
                           Linkages

#16-30 August 95  Sender:  Claire Marie Van Holt ( claire@access.digex.net )
                  Subject: Internet Activities/Environmental Activities:
                           for Children

*  New editions of the St. Petersburg Press (#120 and #121) are available
   from News, Life and Economics pages.  Sections of this publication include
   News, Business, Culture, Commentary and Classifieds.  The top stories
   of this edition are:

        Mothers to Aid UN Inquiry
        Local Hacker Accused of Diverting Citibank Funds
        Old Believer Villages on Lake Face Extinction

*  Also from the St. Petersburg Press, read "The Fresh Guide to St.
   Petersburg" which is accessible from our Travel page.  This guide covers
   many topics about St. Petersburg - including history, money, language,
   accomodations, safety, what to see and do in the nearby areas (Far Out),
   nightlife, medical information, communicating with the outside world and
   many, many other topics relative to St. Petersburg.

     http://www.spb.su/fresh/index.html

*  The Cooperation Committee is an international organization, based on an
   agreement among governments of Japan and 12 New Independent States
   (excluding three Baltic states) (Former Soviet Union).  It describes
   Japan's official assistance to NIS mainly through the Cooperation
   Committee.  This assistance is designed to help the FSU with their
   transition and includes such areas as technical and humanitarian
   assistance, elimination of nuclear weapons, cultural exchange, funding
   and multilateral cooperation.  This server is available in Japanese,
   English and Russian.  Thanks to Hiroyuki Yamamoto for letting us know
   about his wonderful server.  This is available from our Economics and
   More Information pages.

     http://www.infoweb.or.jp/scc/

*  The Summer 1995 issue of GlasNews is now available from our News page.
   This issue includes the following three new articles.

     - Around the World in 80 Days: The Making of a Cyberjournalist
     - New Media for a New World: Second Online Conference Set for October
     - Short Takes: Resources for East-West Communicators

   Archived issues are also available from this server and are well worth
   reading!

     WWW:  http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/~aboyle/glasnews/master.html
     FTP:  ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/GlasNews/glas52

*  We have two new BISNIS documents that have been added to our archives.
   You can reach the index of these archives (along with the US Department
   of Commerce BISNIS server) from our Economics page.  They are:

    - UZBEKISTAN -- 1995 AGRICULTURAL UPDATE

      http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/friends/economics/nis.fis.bus.docs/
      95.agriculture.report.html

    - CONSUMER-READY FOOD AND BEVERAGES REAMIN A PROMISING MARKET IN
      RUSSIA - DRAFT

      http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/friends/economics/nis.fis.bus.docs/
      consumer.ready.food.draft.html

** 001 **********************************************************************

Sender:  kcollins@gelac.lasc.lockheed.com (Kyle Collins)

I have corresponded with a lady name Irene from Kamchatka a few times
over the past year.  A couple of months ago a friend of hers
came to a seminar in Seattle, and Irene sent a letter by her
to be mailed to me.  I wrote a letter back, but have had no
indication that it ever was received.  Does anyone know of a
reliable method to get letters and packages delivered there?

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Kyle