#01-25 August 95   US-Russian Space Programs (FPSPACE) Email listserver

#02-25 August 95   Distance Learning in Udmurtia

#03-25 August 95   IREX Educational Advising Materials for NIS students/scho=
lars

#04-25 August 95   RUSAG-L Current Events #63

#05-25 August 95   New BISNIS Documents

#06-25 August 95   Department of Russian Studies, Emory University

RECENT EMAIL . . .

#01-25 August 95   Sender:  Randy Lee Gritzner (gritzner@tenet.edu)
                   Subject: Student Communication

#02-25 August 95   Sender: Jennifer Green (jlgreen@clark.net)
                   Subject: Friends and Partners in Space (FPSPACE) ListServ=
er

#03-25 August 95   Sender:  JBERNSTEIN@BROOK.EDU
=7F                   Subject: Bookstores in Russia

#04-25 August 95   Sender:  VsM004836@aol.com
=7F                   Subject: Map of Moscow

#05-25 August 95   Sender:  David Nyberg (nyberg@u.washington.edu)
=7F                   Subject: Meeting Russian mates

#06-25 August 95   Sender:  russjb@timeshare.service.emory.edu (Jack
                            Blanshei)
=7F                   Subject: Russian Home Page

#07-25 August 95   Sender: "Int'l. Res. and Exch. Board" (irex@info.irex.org=
)
=7F                   Subject: Info for NIS Scholars Seeking US Educ.
Opportunities

#08-25 August 95   Sender:  "Dmitriy V. Isaev" (dmitriy@soros.crimea.ua)
=7F                   Subject: Andrew Shipilov is back with new ideas

#09-25 August 95   Sender:  kedzie@rand.org (Chris Kedzie)
=7F                   Subject: Internet Project in Belarus, a request for
                            assistance. (fwd)

#10-25 August 95   Sender:  kedzie@rand.org (Chris Kedzie)
=7F                   Subject: Fellowships for graduate studies in U.S. (fwd=
)

#11-25 August 95   Sender:  "Charles Radley " (charles@tranquest.com)
=7F                   Subject: Moscow 95 airshow today

#12-25 August 95   Sender:  Eliot Christian (echristi@usgs.gov)
=7F                   Subject: Free Seminar at the World Bank 9/22/95

#13-25 August 95   Sender:  mac@MAINE.maine.edu (Dennis McConnell -
                            Univ. of Maine, USA)
=7F                   Subject: USAID Budget Request Reports for CEE/NIS
                            Countries

#14-25 August 95   Sender:  "Funding Opportunity System"
                            (funding@solar.rtd.utk.edu)
=7F                   Subject: Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research
                            Abroad Program

#15-25 August 95   Sender:  "Funding Opportunity System"
                            (funding@solar.rtd.utk.edu)
=7F                   Subject: Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Program

#165-25 August 95   Sender:  "Funding Opportunity System"
                            (funding@solar.rtd.utk.edu)
=7F                   Subject: Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program

*  Jennifer Green has established an email listserver for the exchange
   of information related to Russian (Former Soviet Union) space
   programs and improving communication and cooperation between
   space enthusiasts and professionals in the US, FSU, and the
   rest of the world. The FPSPACE project also includes a WWW
   server located at http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/~jgreen/fpspace.html.
   Please see message #02 below for more information about how to
   subscribe to the new listserver.

     http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/~jgreen/fpspace.html

   Our congratulations and thanks to Jennifer who continues to do good
   things supporting collaboration between US, Russian space programs.

*  Udmurtia, located aproximately halfway between Moscow and the Urals,
   has been ravaged by pollution, loss of jobs, and cuts in education
   funding.  "Distance Learning in Udmurtia: a region of social and
   ecological disaster" describes the region, the problems in educating
   children (especially those who handicapped and from rural areas), what
   is being done and what is needed in order to give those the education
   they deserve.  Thanks to Dr. Nikolai N. Nepejvoda of Udmurt University
   for sharing this information with us.  This information can be
   accessed from our Education page.

     http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/friends/education/udmurtia/udmurtia.html

*  IREX has published Educational Advising Materials to assist students
   and scholars of the NIS looking for opportunities to study in the US.
   This information can be accessed from the IREX area on our Funding and
   Exchange page.

     gopher://info.irex.org:70/11/edu.ad

   Please see message #07 below for more information.

*  Get updated agricultural news from the former Soviet Union from
   the RUSAG-L Current Events for August 23rd which is now available
   from our Science page.

   http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/friends/science/agriculture/rusag.950823.html

*  We have added three new documents to our BISNIS archives which can be
   accessed from our Economics page.  They are:

   - CENTRAL ASIA AMERICA ENTERPRISE FUND COMPLETES FIRST EQUITY INVESTMENT

http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/friends/economics/nis.fis.bus.docs/caaef.equity.htm

   - UZBEKISTAN - CONSULAR INFORMATION SHEET   7K

http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/friends/economics/nis.fis.bus.docs/consular.info.ht
ml

   - KRAFT FOODS ENTERS ST PETERSBURG MARKET AND TAKES MAJOR STAKE IN LOCAL
     CONFECTIONERY FIRM  3K

http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/friends/economics/nis.fis.bus.docs/kraft.in.st.pete
.html

*  The Department of Russian Studies at Emory University has been added to
   our list of institutions of higher education that are offering Russian
   and/or Central/Eastern European studies which is accessible from our
   Education page..  (see message #06)

** 001 *********************************************************************=
*

Sender:   Randy Lee Gritzner (gritzner@tenet.edu)

I have several High School students wanting to communicate with Russian
students.  Most, but not all, are from Physics 1, Principles of
Technology, and Physical Science classes.  They are 9th through 12th graders=
..
We live in Harlingen, Texas, USA.  Please write!
                                                        Mr. R. Gritzner
                                                        gritzner@tenet.edu

** 002 *********************************************************************=
*

Sender: Jennifer Green (jlgreen@clark.net)
Subject: Friends and Partners in Space (FPSPACE) ListServer

A listserver has been established for the purpose of exchanging
information related to Russian (Former Soviet Union) space
programs and improving communication and cooperation between
space enthusiasts and professionals in the US, FSU, and the
rest of the world. The FPSPACE project also includes a WWW
server located at http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/~jgreen/fpspace.html.

=46or the time being, this will be an unmoderated list - i.e., everything
sent to the list will automatically be forwarded to every subscriber. If
this set up becomes unacceptable, moderation of the list may be required.

To subscribe, just do the following:

Send a mail message to:   listproc@solar.rtd.utk.edu

It doesn't matter what you put as the 'Subject:', but the text of the
message should be the following:

       SUBSCRIBE FPSPACE Your Name

       (where "Your Name" equals your first and last names)

You should receive a confirmation message shortly after sending your
message with further instructions on how to communicate with this list.
Please feel free to pass this announcement along to friends and
colleagues with an interest in international space programs. A general
announcement of this list may be made on the sci.* newsgroups at a later
date, depending on the traffic and maintainability of the list.

 Jennifer Green    | WWW Server on US/Russian Space Programs
 jlgreen@clark.net | http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/~jgreen/fpspace.html

** 003 *********************************************************************=
*

Sender:  JBERNSTEIN@BROOK.EDU
Subject: Bookstores in Russia

I was given your name as a possible source for information on bookstores in
Russia.  Brookings has just published a book HOW RUSSIA BECAME A MARKET
ECONOMY by Anders Aslund and I'm anxious to get it into bookstores in
Russia, primarily in Moscow.  The problem is, I don't really know where to
start.  Do you have any information on English-language bookstores in
Russia?  What about hotel shops?

I would be very grateful for any information or advice you could offer.

Thank you very much!

---------------------------------------
Jill Bernstein
Marketing Manager
The Brookings Institution
e-mail: JBernstein@brook.edu
Phone: (202) 797-6254
=46ax: (202) 797-6195

** 004 *********************************************************************=
*

Sender:  VsM004836@aol.com
Subject: Map of Moscow

While in Moscow I saw a map- program describing streets, theathers, exhibits=
,
reastaurants etc. in Moscow. I was not able to get a copy. The program was
writen by a gentleman named V.V. SIDYGANOV. If anyone knows hot to get hold
of this man and his program please let me know.

** 005 *********************************************************************=
*

Sender:  David Nyberg (nyberg@u.washington.edu)
Subject: Meeting Russian mates

Can someone offer advice/ comments/ experiences re:meeting Russian women
through 'personal' services?  One service based in Seattle is called
=46oreign Relations.  Very brief descriptions with photos can be accessed
through the internet.  For a fee, the service then provides addresses and
phone numbers if available.
I'm wondering if others have tried this and what advice they might give?
I would be interested in meeting someone in the medical field since I am
a physician myself.  If I did meet someone and they came to the US some
day, what are the obstacles to getting a US medical license.  Any
comments on this process would be appreciated.

** 006 *********************************************************************=
*

Sender:  russjb@timeshare.service.emory.edu (Jack Blanshei)
Subject: Russian Home Page

Just a note to announce that the Russian Studies Department at Emory
University now has a Web Home Page accessible at
http://www.cc.emory.edu/RUSSIAN/russian.html.

Welcome!

Jack Blanshei

Jack Blanshei