Our apologies too for the late posting of this digest - due also to the rather
hectic past few days during which our office (Office of Academic and
Research Services) moved to a new location.

#01-30 July 95  Moscow Life

#02-30 July 95  The International Small Business Consortium (ISBC)

RECENT EMAIL . . .

#01-30 July 95  Sender:  asebrant@glas.apc.org (Andrey Sebrant)
                Subject: new material in Moscow Life

#02-30 July 95  Sender:  SashaGuez@aol.com
                Subject: INFO-RUSS: Need messenger (x-post)

#03-30 July 95  Sender:  Mark Gordon Foss ( yazyk@halcyon.com )
                Subject: Looking for an acquaintance

#04-30 July 95  Sender:  kedzie@rand.org (Chris Kedzie)
                Subject: Copy of: host families (fwd)

#05-30 July 95  Sender:  armstron@AC.GRIN.EDU (Todd Armstrong)
                Subject: internship possibilities in Russian Far East

#06-30 July 95  Sender:  Pietro Veragouth ( pveragou@tinet.ch )
                Subject: apartments in Almaty, Kazakhstan (x-post)

#07-30 July 95  Sender:  EGroy@aol.com
                Subject: INFO-RUSS: Copy of Diploma retrieval (x-post)

#08-30 July 95  Sender:  Marina Nelen ( nelen@acsu.buffalo.edu )

#09-30 July 95  Sender:  Rosie Casey ( rosie@peace-corp.tlt.ru )
                Subject: Educational Funding for US studies

#10-30 July 95  Sender:  Eric Fenster ( efenster@igc.apc.org )
                Subject: Moscow study trip notes available

#11-30 July 95  Sender:  "Robert E. Schulke" ( rschulke@EDNET1.OSL.OR.GOV )
                Subject: cyrillic keyboard stickers (x-post from RUSAG-L)

#12-30 July 95  Sender:   mvs3@po.CWRU.Edu (Maxim V. Soloviev)
                Subject:  There was no mistake. Calls to Russia
                          still $0,85/min.

#13-30 July 95  Sender:  "KS Enterprises International" ( kse@via.net )
                Subject: Re: Digest for 95-07-21

#14-30 July 95  Sender:  David Zlotchenko ( zlotchen@solar.rtd.utk.edu )
                Subject: AT&T rates to Russia

#15-30 July 95  Sender:  mac@MAINE.maine.edu (Dennis McConnell)
                Subject: Opportunities to Publish Research on CEE/NIS
                         Housing Topics

#16-30 July 95  Sender:  natalia Romanoff ( natasha@MGU-USA.ORG )
                Subject: MOSCOW STATE UNIVERSITY (Fall Trip)

#17-30 July 95  Sender:  kedzie@rand.org (Chris Kedzie)
                Subject: DOE/AAAS TRAVEL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM

#18-30 July 95  Sender:  JWWolfe@aol.com
                Subject: INFO-RUSS: Call for CV's (x-post)

#19-30 July 95  Sender:  Alexander Gruntsev ( grampo@isrir.msk.su )
                Subject: Custom Research in Russia

#20-30 July 95  Sender:  Center for Citizen Initiatives ( cciusa@IGC.APC.ORG )
                Subject: project update - sustainable agriculture
                         extension services (x-post from RUSAG-L)

#21-30 July 95  Sender:  Dennis McConnell ( mac@MAINE.MAINE.EDU )
                Subject: Annual Meeting-Central and East European
                         Management Development Association (CEEMAN)

#22-30 July 95  Sender:  kedzie@rand.org (Chris Kedzie)
                Subject: First Call for 1996 Peace Corps Volunteers

#23-30 July 95  Sender:  Ilya Shlyakhter ( ilya_shl@MIT.EDU )
                Subject: [Leonid Reyzin: FW: (Misc Info) FW: please
                         read and forward!!!!!]

*  Andrey and Masha Sebrant have added a new story to the Moscow Life
   collection which can be found in our "Chat Corner" of the Life page.
   Andrey was recently invited to spend 10 days at the International School
   of Young Journalists to teach teenagers and adults about the World Wide
   Web and its future in journalism.  Please visit the school, meet the children
   and read their interesting articles.  Please see message #001 below for
   more information.

        http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/~asebrant/life/july.html

*  The International Small Business Consortium (ISBC) mission is to create
   and provide an international infrastructure for small businesses as
   the world moves towards a "borderless international economy". ISBC was
   formed so people with Internet (or at least e-mail) access could use
   their expertise to provide a service to those businesses that do no have
   Internet access.  Get more information about this service from our
   "Classifieds" page.

       www.ionet.net/~nbaker/isbc.shtml

** 001 **********************************************************************

Sender:  asebrant@glas.apc.org (Andrey Sebrant)

Hi Greg and Natasha!

I just added a new story to our Moscow Life collection. This time it's more
kids' voices than ours, and this is great! The story is about a School of
Young Journalists, a summer event that took place a week ago. There are a
few pictures  - but mostly texts written by the kids.

And thanks to the mail we get now on regular basis from the readers of this
page, we now know what will be in the next issues... We have announced these
upcoming topics in the end of our July posting.

Would you please announce the new item  in the Digest?

And where are those few people who said they'd join us in the Corner? Of
course, with all the mail we do feel some feedback; still, it's a bit lonely
and too quiet in the Chat Corner ;-)

Andrey and Masha

** 002 **********************************************************************

Sender:  SashaGuez@aol.com

Dear friends

I have to pass an important document to my wife that came to visit
St.Petersburg. If somebody is going there within this week, please let me
know.
Thanx,
Sasha

Chicago;312-764-6760 eve;708-637-3238 day

** 003 **********************************************************************

Sender:  Mark Gordon Foss ( yazyk@halcyon.com )

Greetings!

        I have lost the address of an acquaintance from Tula, Russia.  He
was here a number of years ago.  His name is Aleksandr Samokatov (?).  At
that time he worked as a "physical culture" (PE) teacher.  Unfortunately,
I never got a phone number for him.   If anyone can help, please let me
know.  I'd like, if possible, to write him via e-mail.  Thanks.

Mark Foss

Greetings from Auburn Washington, USA!

Mark Foss
Email: yazyk@halcyon.com
Anton Pavlovich Chekov odnazhdy zametil,
Chto umnyi lyubit' uchit'sya, a durak -- uchit'

--Bulat Okudzhava