#01-26 May 95  Two New Conferences

#02-26 May 95  New "Homegrown" Home Pages

#03-26 May 95  Aeronot Aviation WWW Server

RECENT EMAIL . . .

#01-26 May 95  Sender:  JSpagn2480@aol.com
               Subject: Re: SUB FRIENDS JOHN SPAGNOLI

#02-26 May 95  Sender:  Merrill (merrill@fmnh785.fmnh.org)
               Subject: traveller to Russia in June?

#03-26 May 95  Sender:  CASKEY@midyork.lib.ny.us
               Subject: Address of the KGB

#04-26 May 95  Sender:  leake@mindspring.com (leon leake)
               Subject: Partner for trip to Kyrgyzstan

#05-26 May 95  Sender:  Craig Fisher ( crfisher@usaid.gov )
               Subject: USAID Announces New Foreign Diaster Assistance List

#06-26 May 95  Sender:  Craig Fisher ( craig@info.usaid.gov )
               Subject: REMARKS BY PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON,
                        TUESDAY, MAY 23, 1995

#07-26 May 95  Sender:  Trevor Gunn ( GUNN@USITA.GOV )
               Subject: Russia Business Conf. in Anaheim, Las Vegas (fwd)

#08-26 May 95  Sender:  Dr. Pyotr Johannevich van de Waal-Palms,
                        American_Bank, United States of America
                        ( palbank@eskimo.com )
               Subject: FSUBIZ (fwd)

#09-26 May 95  Sender:  Hongchan Chun (hchun@hyowon.cc.pusan.ac.kr)
               Subject: Looking for a Research Partner in Russia

#10-26 May 95  Sender:  Center for Civil Society International
                        (civilsoc@solar.rtd.utk.edu)
               Subject: Russian exchange program (fwd)

* Two new conferences are listed in our Meetings and Conference section
  which can be accessed from our Funding and Exchange Opportunities
  page.  They are "People, Networks and Communication '95" and
  American Russian Business Opportunity Conference (see message 007).

* We have added the "Homegrown" Home Pages of David Zlotchenko and
  Alex (Sasha) Vorobiev to our Life page.

* Aeronot is the aviation industry's indepth WWW server covering all
  areas of the aviation field including research, conferences, companies
  and academic institutions, and worldwide airports. It also provides
  information on Aeroflot and diagram of the Moscow Airport and can be
  accessed from our Tourism and Travel page.

** 001 **********************************************************************

Sender:  JSpagn2480@aol.com

       My name is John Spagnoli a new member to the list.
Please tell me me if I will be able to write to anyone in the former
U.S.S.R.  I am interested in getting a keypal if possible.

I live in Staten Island which is part of New York City.
I'm married with two boys 15 and 11 I'll be 45 in Sept.
I own a small flooring co. which sands, repairs, and installs wood floors. I
enjoy sports, movies, and talking to people.

                              Thankyou John

Sender:  Merrill (merrill@fmnh785.fmnh.org)

Dear Friends,

Is there anyone who will be travelling to (or returning to) Russia,
preferably in early June, who could hand carry a manuscript of a
paper to a colleague at Moscow State University?  He has an
internet connection, but since he has to pay to send and to receive
messages, the cost of sending this manuscript would be prohibitive.
You need not be in the Chicago area. I can mail you the manuscript
anywhere in the US.

Gary L. Smith Merrill                             Department of Botany
merrill@fmnh.org                       Field Museum of Natural History
(312) 922-9410 ext 618              Roosevelt Road at Lake Shore Drive
FAX: (312) 427-7269                              Chicago IL 60605-2496

** 003 **********************************************************************
Sender: CASKEY@midyork.lib.ny.us

Dear Friends-
   I work in a library system in Utica, New York and we have a customer
who would like the address of the KGB. Anyone who can provide it please
send to    Caskey@midyork.lib.ny.us

Thank you. Mary Lou Caskey, Asst. Director Mid-York Library System

** 004 **********************************************************************

Sender:  leake@mindspring.com (leon leake)

Central Asian Partners (CAP) , a private sector, non-profit organization has
been providing humanitarian assistance (medical) to Kyrgyzstan for four
years.  These efforts have established a neo-natal hospital, specializing in
high risk pregnancies.  The next phase of this project is to encourage
village  inhabitants to come into Bishkek to use these services.  (An
on-going educational program to encourage breast feeding has and will
continue to be a vital part of this project.)

A member of CAP (single female) is planning an approximately 3 month stay in
Kyrgyzstan to visit villages, encourage the use of the hospital, and to
establish an organizational system that will administratively support this
program.  Hospital Administration is the professional field of this
individual.  These trips should never be solo, for many safety and sanity
reasons.  CAP is looking for a partner for this trip.  It is not necessary
that the candidate be in the medical field, or speak Russian.   It is
necessary that the candidate share the philosophy and principles of CAP, and
be self supporting.  The schedule for the trip is as immediate as possible.

Please address alll inquiries to leake@mindspring.com

** 005 **********************************************************************

Sender:  Craig Fisher ( crfisher@usaid.gov )

                 USAID's Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance
                   Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance
                              Announces OFDA-L.

OFDA-L is an email-distribution list for reports produced by USAID's Office
of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA).  These public documents provide
information on a select group of major disasters and emergencies occurring
outside the United States.  The reports provide summary information on the
disaster based on reporting from the field and a compilation of sources, and
provide a description and financial accounting of how the United States
Government is responding to the disaster.

Three different types of reports will be posted:

1) SITUATION REPORTS (sitreps) on long-term, complex emergencies (such as
Rwanda, Former Yugoslavia, etc.).  Sitreps are updated regularly, usually
every eight to ten weeks.

2) INFORMATION BULLETINS on fast-onset, natural disasters are updated bi-
weekly, weekly, or daily.

3) FACT SHEETS are shorter documents on disasters and complex emergencies,
which eventually may warrant information bulletins or sitreps.

OFDA-L is intended solely for the distribution of information pertaining to
the activities of USAIDAs Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance.

TO SUBSCRIBE:

Send an email to LISTPROC@INFO.USAID.GOV

In the body of the email type the following on one line:

subscribe OFDA-L YOUR FULL NAME

You should receive an email confirming your subscription.  If you have any
problems or questions you can contact clowe@usaid.gov or craig@info.usaid.gov.

Current copies of these reports can be found on the USAID Gopher
(gopher.info.usaid.gov) or on the USAID Home Page, (http://www.info.usaid.gov)

Please feel free to pass on this announcement where appropriate.