#01-25 April 95  Russian WWW Pages from Southern Methodist University

#02-25 April 95  "Homegrown" Home Pages

#03-25 April 95  National Business Incubation Association (NBIA)

#04-25 April 95  Agriculture Resource Guide

#05-25 April 95  7 New BISNIS Documents

RECENT EMAIL . . .

#01-25 April 95  Sender:  "Straight, Earl"  ( STRAIGHTE@mhs3.mhs.mcs.k12.us =
)
                 Subject: Summer trips

#02-25 April 95  Sender:  dbain@CERF.NET  (Daniel Bain)
                 Subject: Re: Digest for 95-04-18

#03-25 April 95  Sender:  Wiinikka@Sovset.ORG
                 Subject: Russian Far East: New Guidebook (fwd)

#04-25 April 95  Sender:  Michael Thurman  ( jomthurm@indiana.edu )
                 Subject: Turkic Languages--Summer '95

#05-25 April 95  Sender:  mvs3@po.CWRU.Edu (Maxim V. Soloviev)
                 Subject: Inexpensive way to call your friends
                          (Russia $0.85/min)

#06-25 April 95  Sender:  John Michael  ( john@palomar.wipsys.soft.net )
                 Subject: Hai Friends

#07-25 April 95  Sender:  Sharon Sheffield  SHEFFIEL@ERS.BITNET
                 Subject: Internship opportunity (x-post from RUSAG-L)

#08-25 April 95  Sender:  michaell@michaell.seanet.com (Michael Lewis)
                 Subject: Partnership-Steel Stamping

#09-25 April 95  Sender:  Andrew Levin  ( LEVINA@CNFA.MHS.COMPUSERVE.COM )
                 Subject: Policy Officer position - Kiev, Ukraine
                          (x-post from RUSAG-L)

#10-25 April 95  Sender:  Jo Ann McGowan  ( jmcgowan@igc.apc.org )
                 Subject: Global Healing Not For Profit Foundation

#11-25 April 95  Sender:  "Bill Bauriedel"
                          ( Bill.Bauriedel@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU )
                 Subject: XPOST: Encryption ban in Russia

*  Keena Costlow of Southern Methodist University, Foreign Languages
   Learning Center in Dallas, Texas has developed or is maintaining 3
   wonderful WWW servers.  The first is "Russia and Eastern Europe" and can =
be
   found on our More Information Resources Page.  (Check out SMU's
   Foreign Language and Technology page while there!)  There is also
   "Keena's Mostly Russian Page" which can be found from our new
   "Homegrown" Home Pages on our "Life" page.  And, last but not least,
   she has put together "Keena's Virtual Tour of Siberia in Summer" which
   can also be found from our "Life" page.

*  Visit our new "Homegrown Home Pages" in our Life section.  This is a
   listing of interesting, personal home pages which we hope to
   make into a large and interesting section of "Friends and Partners".
   It will be another new way for us all to get to know each other.
   However, we'll need your help to do so!  Please contact Ellee Margileth
   at emargile@solar.rtd.utk.edu if you would like to have a 'home page'
   listed here.

*  The National Business Incubation Association (NBIA) members are
   incubator developers and managers; corporate joint venture partners;
   professional business service providers, venture capital investors and
   economic development professionals.  Get more information about this
   association (which is expanding work in Russia/NIS) from the F&P
   Economics page.

*  We have added a new agriculture resource guide called "Not Just
   Cows: A guide to Internet/Bitnet Resources in Agriculture" to our
   Science page.  This comprehensive (and big) resource guide is
   replacing a previous guide which is longer accessible.

*  We have added 8 new documents to our BISNIS archives.  They are:

     - NIS Agribusiness Reports - Contacts and Publications
           (also available from our Science page)
     - IMI: Certification of Cosmetics and Perfumery in Russia
     - Celebrating the Kellog-Dresser Kokdumalak Deal:  A Major U.S.
       Export Moving Well
     - IMI: Developments in Advertising in Russia
     - IMI: Developments in Trading Business in Russia
     - USG Initiatives, the Samarkand ICC and Internet Access
     - Alert Report: Changes in Import Duty Rates -- Ukraine
     - Notice on "Uzbekistan" Airways

** 001 *********************************************************************=
*

Sender:  "Straight, Earl"   ( STRAIGHTE@mhs3.mhs.mcs.k12.us )

    Dear Friends,
    Several weeks ago I posted a request for information about any
summer educational trips to Russia, Belarus, Baltic States or the
Czech Republic. Unfortunately, our computer system was not receiving
or sending all the messages.
    A number of teachers, including myself, from Morgantown High
School are interested in a summer trip of some sort to Eastern
Europe. Last summer another MHS teacher and I spent 16 days in Russia
studying their educational system. WONDERFUL experience! We made lots
of great friends and made some wonderful connections. My school also
has a sister school in Grodno, Belarus which we correspond with thru
e-mail. We are hoping to have some teacher/student exchanges in the
near future.

    Earl Straight, Jr.
    Journalism Department Chairperson
    Morgantown High School