This page no longer updated from 31 October 2001. Latest version can be found at www.astronautix.com
|N1F - Sr - N1F with Sr Lox/LH2 upper stage|
5,291 bytes. 79 x 311 pixels.
Family: N. Country: Russia. Status: Cancelled 1971.
The N1M was to be the first Soviet launch vehicle to use liquid oxygen/liquid hydrogen high energy cyrogenic propellants. As originally conceived, the advanced propellants would be used in all upper stages. However this more ambitious work was revised. The first proposed launch vehicle to use such stages would by the N1F, which would have only used the Block S and Block R fourth and fifth stages in place of the N1's Block G and Block D.
Liftoff Thrust: 4,414,910 kgf. Total Mass: 2,773,000 kg. Core Diameter: 10.0 m. Total Length: 104.0 m.
- Stage Number: 1. 1 x N1F Block A Gross Mass: 2,070,000 kg. Empty Mass: 126,230 kg. Thrust (vac): 5,065,500 kgf. Isp: 331 sec. Burn time: 125 sec. Isp(sl): 297 sec. Diameter: 10.0 m. Span: 15.6 m. Length: 30.0 m. Propellants: Lox/Kerosene No Engines: 30. NK-33
- Stage Number: 2. 1 x N1F Block B Gross Mass: 620,000 kg. Empty Mass: 55,700 kg. Thrust (vac): 1,431,682 kgf. Isp: 346 sec. Burn time: 120 sec. Diameter: 6.8 m. Span: 9.8 m. Length: 20.0 m. Propellants: Lox/Kerosene No Engines: 8. NK-43
- Stage Number: 3. 1 x N1F Block V Gross Mass: 210,000 kg. Empty Mass: 13,700 kg. Thrust (vac): 164,000 kgf. Isp: 353 sec. Burn time: 370 sec. Diameter: 4.8 m. Span: 6.8 m. Length: 12.0 m. Propellants: Lox/Kerosene No Engines: 4. NK-39
- Stage Number: 4. 1 x N1 Block S Gross Mass: 58,000 kg. Empty Mass: 8,000 kg. Thrust (vac): 40,000 kgf. Isp: 440 sec. Burn time: 540 sec. Diameter: 6.7 m. Span: 6.7 m. Length: 16.0 m. Propellants: Lox/LH2 No Engines: 1. RD-57
- Stage Number: 5. 1 x N1 Block R Gross Mass: 23,000 kg. Empty Mass: 4,300 kg. Thrust (vac): 7,500 kgf. Isp: 440 sec. Burn time: 1,080 sec. Diameter: 4.1 m. Span: 4.1 m. Length: 8.7 m. Propellants: Lox/LH2 No Engines: 1. RD-56
- 89 - Semenov, Yu. P., S P Korolev Space Corporation Energia, RKK Energia, 1994.
Back to Index
Last update 12 March 2001.
Definitions of Technical Terms.
Contact Mark Wade with any corrections or comments.
Conditions for use of drawings, pictures, or other materials from this site..
© Mark Wade, 2001 .