This page no longer updated from 31 October 2001. Latest version can be found at www.astronautix.com
|CZ-2D - |
8,123 bytes. 94 x 410 pixels.
Family: Long March. Country: China. Status: Hardware. Other Designations: Long March 2D.
The Long March 2D was a two-stage launch vehicle with storable propellants, suitable for launching a variety of low earth orbit satellites. Developed and manufactured by the Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology, the CZ-2D had a typical payload capability of 3,500kg in a 200 km circular orbit. Its first stage was identical to that of the CZ-4. The second stage was essentially the same as that of the CZ-4, except for an improved vehicle equipment bay.
Launches: 3. Failures: 0. Success Rate: 100.00% pct. First Launch Date: 09 August 1992. Last Launch Date: 20 October 1996. LEO Payload: 3,500 kg. to: 200 km Orbit. at: 28.0 degrees. Liftoff Thrust: 298,389 kgf. Total Mass: 232,250 kg. Core Diameter: 3.4 m. Total Length: 35.1 m. Launch Price $: 15.00 million. in 1999 price dollars.
- Stage Number: 1. 1 x CZ-4A-1 Gross Mass: 192,700 kg. Empty Mass: 9,500 kg. Thrust (vac): 332,952 kgf. Isp: 289 sec. Burn time: 170 sec. Isp(sl): 259 sec. Diameter: 3.4 m. Span: 6.0 m. Length: 24.7 m. Propellants: N2O4/UDMH No Engines: 4. YF-20B
- Stage Number: 2. 1 x CZ-4A-2 Gross Mass: 39,550 kg. Empty Mass: 4,000 kg. Thrust (vac): 84,739 kgf. Isp: 295 sec. Burn time: 135 sec. Isp(sl): 260 sec. Diameter: 3.4 m. Span: 3.4 m. Length: 10.4 m. Propellants: N2O4/UDMH No Engines: 1. YF-25/23
1992 Aug 9 - - 07:55 GMT. LV Configuration: Chang Zheng 2D s/n CZ2D-1. Launch Site: Jiuquan . Launch Complex: LA2.
1994 Jul 3 - - 08:00 GMT. LV Configuration: Chang Zheng 2D s/n CZ2D-2. Launch Site: Jiuquan . Launch Complex: LA2.
1996 Oct 20 - - 07:20 GMT. LV Configuration: Chang Zheng 2D s/n CZ2D-3.
- FSW-2 RV Spacecraft: FSW.
- FSW-2 Spacecraft: FSW. Payload: FSW-2 No. 03.
Landed in China Nov 4
- 42 - Isakowitz, Steven J,, International Reference to Space Launch Systems Second Edition, AIAA, Washington DC, 1991.
- 61 - Wilson, Andrew, editor,, Jane's/Interavia Space Directory, Jane's Information Group, Coulsdon, Surrey, 1992 et al.
Back to Index
Last update 12 March 2001.
Definitions of Technical Terms.
Contact Mark Wade with any corrections or comments.
Conditions for use of drawings, pictures, or other materials from this site..
© Mark Wade, 2001 .