This page no longer updated from 31 October 2001. Latest version can be found at www.astronautix.com
Status: Active. Trained as: Astronaut. Profession: Mission Specialist. Sex: Male. Marital Status: Married. Children: Two. Birth Date: 15 April 1965. Birth City: Yokohama. Birth State: Kanagawa. Birth Country: Japan. Nationality: Japanese. Group: 1996 NASDA Group. Date Selected: 01 August 1996.
NASA Official Biography
- NAME: Soichi Noguchi
- NASDA Astronaut (Mission Specialist Candidate)
- PERSONAL DATA:
- Born April 15,1965 in Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan. Considers Chigasaki, Kanagawa, Japan, to be his hometown. Married. One child. Enjoys jogging, basketball, skiing, camping.
- Graduated from Chigasaki-Hokuryo High School, Chigasaki, in 1984; received a bachelor of engineering degree in aeronautical engineering from the University of Tokyo in 1989, and a master of engineering degree in aeronautical engineering from the University of Tokyo in 1991.
- Member of the Japan Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences.
- Noguchi joined Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. (IHI) in April 1991. He completed a training course in the Manufacturing Department, and then he was assigned to the Aerodynamics Group, Research and Development Department, Aero-Engine and Space Operations, IHI. He was involved in the aerodynamic design of commercial aero-engines, planning and successful completion of the component tests of aero-engines, and the research of compressor aerodynamic performance. He was selected by the National Space Development Agency of Japan (NASDA) in June 1996
- NASA EXPERIENCE:
- Noguchi reported to the Johnson Space Center in August 1996 to begin two years of training and evaluation. Successful completion of initial training will qualify him for various technical assignments leading to selection as a mission specialist on a Space Shuttle flight crew.
Back to Index
Last update 3 May 2001.
To contact astronauts or cosmonauts.
Contact Mark Wade with any corrections or comments.
Cosmonaut data by Alexander B. Zheleznyakov.
Conditions for use of drawings, pictures, or other materials from this site..
© Mark Wade, 2001 .