...they lift themselves up in proportion as they help to lift others, and the more unfortunate the race, the lower in the scale of civilization, the more does one raise one's self by giving the assistance. - Booker T. Washington
Adequate financial support makes dreams come alive.
- 2111 Foundation for Exploration
- International grant programs directed towards environmental fieldwork using space technology
- AT&T Foundation
- Cash grants to nonprofit institutions for innovative programs that focus on helping people achieve self-sufficiency and lead productive lives.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Programs and interests include science and technology, standard of living and economic performance, education, and selected national issues, and civic projects.
- American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS)
- Humanities and social sciences advancement federation.
- American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) Committee on Scholarly Communication with China
- US China scholarly exchange
- Asian Development Bank
- Promoting the economic and social progress of member countries in the Asian and Pacific region.
- Benton Foundation Projects
- Support for the National Information Infrastructure through research and policy analysis, outreach to nonprofits and foundations, and print, video, and online-publishing.
- Bradley Foundation
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Grants primarily to academic institutions and to national and regional nonprofit organizations for projects that have potential for national or international impact.
- China-USA Business Development & Network
- Joint business capital source between USA and China, including Taiwan and Hong Kong
- Community of Science Web Server
- Information about scientists and the funding of science.
- Council on Foundations
- A nonprofit membership association of grantmaking foundations and corporations.
- Dana Foundation
- A private philanthropic foundation with grant programs in health and education and operating programs of awards and public affairs.
- Earthwatch International
- Interdisciplinary and international programs in the sciences and humanities.
- Edward Lowe Foundation
- The mission is to champion the entrepreneurial spirit by providing information, research and education experiences which support small business people and the free enterprise system.
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development - EBRD
- Financing the economic transition in central and eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union
- Federal Information Exchange
- Retrieval service of federal opportunities for the education and research communities.
- Federally-Funded Research in the U.S.
- Ford Foundation
- International funding for research, training, and other activities related to creating political, economic, and social systems that promote peace, human welfare, and the sustainability of the environment.
- Funding Sources - Services
- Funding Sources - Services
- Funding helps to make ideas come alive.
- Global Fund for Women
- An international organization which focuses on the rights of females.
- Government Grants and Loans
- Sources for Grants, Loans, and Assistance with also dates
- IBM - Philanthropy
- Grant programs offer state-of-the-art technology and solutions, including hardware, software, services, and employee consultation.
- International Development Research Centre
- A public corporation created by the Canadian government to help communities in the developing world find solutions to social, economic, and environmental problems through research.
- International Finance
- Asset based loan program to develop properties and business to investors, business, and national governments.
- International Research and Exchanges Board
- Funding committed to encompass broad based education, professional training, institution building, technical assistance, and policy programs with the Newly Independent States (NIS), Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), Mongolia and China.
- James S. McDonnell Foundation
- Primarily funds research in the biomedical and behavioral sciences and relatededucational innovations.
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- A private, independent grantmaking institution dedicated to helping groups and individuals to improve the human condition.
- NSF - Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences Programs
- Promotes new partnerships between U.S. scientists and engineers and foreigncolleagues.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH funds biomedical, behavioral research, research training and disseminating policy and administration information.
- National Research Council
- NRC works with corresponding organizations to help apply science and technology to both national and global problems.
- National Science Foundation International Programs
- It is estimated that approximately one-fifth of the research grants made by the National Science Foundation have a significant international dimension.
- Osage Medical Funding
- Accounts receivable funding for health care providers
- Packard Foundation
- Support organizations that help people through the improvement of scientific knowledge, education, health, culture, employment, the environment, and quality of life.
- Research and Funding Resources
- WWW resources for research and funding in chemical engineering
- Robert Wood Johnson 1994 Annual Report
- Grantmaking in assuring access to basic health services, improving chronic healthcare conditions, mediating substance abuse, and addressing escalating health care costs.
- Rotary's Foundation
- Supports world understanding and peace through international humanitarian, educational, and cultural exchange programs.
- SRA GrantsWeb / Research Administrators Resource
- Resources of the National Research Administrators Resources Network.
- Scholarship Information Source
- Seton Hall University Grantswatch - November 1996
- Seton Hall University Grants Watch Publication
- SinoFund The Practical Funding Source
- Designed by business people experienced in international and China financial markets to provide funds for specific real estate property, advanced medical equipment and China InterBank funding.
- Soros Foundations Network
- Dedicated to building and maintaining the infrastructure and institutions of an open society.
- Sun Microsystems Foundation, Inc.
- Community Development Projects invests in communities that are often characterized by low income, high unemployment, and disturbing school drop-out rates.
- Surdna Foundation, Inc.
- Fostering catalytic, entrepreneurial programs which offer viable solutions to difficultsystemic problems.
- The Foundation Center
- The mission is to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information on foundations, corporate giving, and related subjects.
- The Foundation Center - Grant Guides - Catalog
- Contents of the new 1996/97 Grant Guide series with up-to-date information on the grants recently awarded and access to a group of foundations specially selected!
- The Getty Information Institute
- A private operating foundation dedicated to the visual arts and humanities.
- The Grantsmanship Center
- Source of fundraising training and information for the nonprofit sector.
- The Sasakawa Peace Foundation
- Sponsors a wide range of programs designed to address international issues and to promote global peace via nonprofit sector initiatives worldwide.
- The United Nations
- Turner Foundation, Inc.
- Supports activities directed towards preservations of the environment; conservation ofnatural resources; protection of wildlife; and sound population policies.
- US Agency for International Development
- The independent government agency that provides economic development and humanitarian assistance to advance U.S. economic and political interests overseas.
- US Department of Energy
- Providing funding in diversity in energy sources and environmental quality.
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- The mission is to protect public health and to safeguard and improve the natural environment - air, water, and land - upon which human life depends.
- United Nations Development Programme - China's Web Site
- United Nation Development Program in China
- United States Information Agency
- Educational and cultural exchanges citizen exchanges
- University of Florida - International Grant Opportunities
- International research opportunities, exchange programs, and support for international collaborators
- Untied Aid Initiative
- Contains information on foreign credits that are accessible to U.S. exporters to finance sales to developing countries.
- Whitaker Foundation
- A private, nonprofit foundation that primarily supports research and education in biomedical engineering.
- World Health Organization
- Dedicated to international healthcare issues and their promotion.
Home ° FAQ ° Comments ° Guestbook
©1997 Friends and Partners: US-China Initiative is brought to you by
Friends and Partners China Group
Your comments and suggestions are warmly welcomed !
Please also visit Friends and Partners Russia.
write to us
with your comments and suggestions.