Women, Law & Development International
The Women's Human Rights Step by Step is a practical guide to using international human rights law and mechanisms to defend women's human rights.
Put out by Women, Law and Development International and the Women's Rights Project of Human Rights Watch, this manual is about women's human rights in practice. It describes in simple language and in a practical manner the concept and content of human rights law and its application to women and the rights issues of concern to them.
Women's Human Rights Step by Step is an educational tool designed to:
- help advocates appreciate the relevance and importance of human rights law and mechanisms in the promotion and defense of women's rights
- provide information on how to use the human rights system at national, regional and international levels
- explain in detail the importance and methods of documenting and reporting violations of women's human rights
- outline key advocacy strategies that can be used to promote women's human rights
- demonstrate, through cases and experiences, how women's human rights advocates are already using the human rights system to enforce their rights
The guide costs $27.50 per copy. Shipping and Handling is as follows: In the US - $4 for the first copy and $1 for each additional copy; In Canada & Mexico - $5 first copy and $3.50 each addt'l copy; International Air (2-3 weeks) - $10 first copy and $8 each addt'l copy; and International Surface (6-8 weeks) - $5 first copy and $3 each addt'l copy.
To order a copy please send your name, address and telephone number with a check or money order in US$ made payable to WLD International to the address above.
Last updated: July 1997