The purpose of Socium-Moldova is to assist in the advancement of social and economic reforms and in the development of democracy in the Republic of Moldova. The fundamental programs of the Socium-Moldova are:
The following programs are in the process of preparation:
- "Agreement for Moldova's sake"- a program to unite the citizens of Moldova with the purpose of reforming the social-economic sphere and the democratization of public life;
- "Media-Moldova" to assist the development of the mass-media;
- "Image of Moldova" to promote the integration of Moldova into the world community;
- "Adaptation" - to assist in the social adaptation of national minorities by helping to non-native population to understand the cultural values of the Moldovan nation and by helping them learn the Moldovan language;
- "Cultural investment" - to promote the development of culture and the support of young talents;
- "Trans-Dniester Republic: from confrontation to development"- to help reestablish relations in the economic and humanitarian spheres on both banks of the Dniester River;
- "Public Health Services" - to help create a system of public medical services in Moldova by providing medical institutions with medicines and equipment;
- "Democratic elections" - to improve the public's understanding of political parties and to provide independent candidates with modern electoral technologies.
The Socium-Moldova invites international organizations and funds to collaborate with us on mutual programs and projects.
- "Green land" - to promote independent ecological research in Moldova;
- "Security" - to help create a system for the legal defense of the population.
Last updated: March 1999
A print version of much of the information contained in this NIS Third Sector Organizations section can be found in the The Post-Soviet Handbook (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1999).