#90; Moscow Ave., 13/3
Association DRUGS is a non-profit, non-governmental organization registered in Moldova on February 8, 1995.
The Mission: Association DRUGS works for improving public health in Moldova and carries out its mission through the development and implementation of the advanced programs in the field of:
For today, the association works in the following directions:
- Rational Drug use
- Independent, unbiased, objective drug information
- Training for the professionals by non-standard methods
- Prevention of HIV/AIDS in Moldova.
- Providing the unbiased Drug Information for care profesionals and consumers in Moldova through the Independent Informational Pharmacological Centre.
- Issuing Independent Drug Bulletin "Medexpres".
- Issuing of the Bulletin "Harm Reduction" related HIV/AIDS problem.
- Promotion of the Rational Drug Use and Essential Drug Concepts of World Health Organisation.
- Drug Donations problems in Moldova.
- The implementation in Moldova The Educational Program "Children and Medicines" based on "Ten Quiding Principles for Teaching Chidren and Adolescents about medicines".
- Providing postgraduate training for health care professionals in Moldova.
- Providing training programme for Third Sector in Ukraine and Moldova.
Last updated: November 1999
A print version of much of the information contained in this NIS Third Sector Organizations section can be found in the The Post-Soviet Handbook (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1999).