The Initiative Group of the Azerbaijani Society of Disabled Women was established in 1997. Now, there are about 50 women in Group and they are working on the establishment of provincial branches.
The Group's purposes are:
Group is supported by OXFAM and ISAR.
- to change the attitude of society to the disable women;
- to light the issues of women's disability;
- to protect the rights and interests of disable women;
- psychological rehabilitation;
- to deal with the problems of education, employment and professional orientation of disabled women.
Last updated: January 1997
A print version of much of the information contained in this NIS Third Sector Organizations section can be found in the The Post-Soviet Handbook (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1999).