- The "Stake-out" usually occurs the day of or the day before holes are drilled. Immediate drilling increases the probability that children will not remove stakes/staubs or play/fall in marked area. Likewise, for safety reasons, drilled holes must be filled immediately with specified poles and secured.
- The "Stake-out" can be done as soon as:
- The designated area has been prepared (e.g., old equipment has been removed, area low spots have been graded level, etc.);
- Poles for holes are on site, and cut and labeled for each structure;
- A hole digging machine has been secured for a specified day.
- The "Stake-out" process takes about 3 hours. Two crews will be needed to assist designer; one will drive stakes. One from this crew must be present the day holes are drilled and poles are installed to monitor process.
Bring the following items:
- 110 (104 holes total) -1/2"x1"x 8" to 12" long pointed wood stakes (surveyor staubs OK).
- 40" string
- Black felt-tipped pen (to mark hole depth & angle on stakes)
- 2 - 25' tape measures
- 2 - 50' tape measures
- 5 lb. hammer or sledge to drive stakes into ground
- Copy of design packet, clip board, &pencil to make notes
- Gloves; sunscreen