- All tire-to-tire bolt connections must have a double nut or a lock nut.
- If available, substitute large fender washers or large utility company washers for the 5/8" washers listed on designs.
- All above-ground tires must have a 1 1/2 - 2" drain hole. Do not expose wire in steelbelted tires. Consult with designer.
- Fill designated pole and post holes with concrete to 4" below ground line; fill remainder of hole with dirt after concrete sets and tamp down.
- All exposed hardware must be rustproof (e.g. galvanized, plated)
- All tires installed are to be like new - i.e. full tread and sturdy; seek tires from manufacturers who are discarding new tires that are considered rejects.
- Ground Cover: Have delivered after poles/posts are secured in the ground. Distribute selected groundcover within designated areas. Be sure ground cover isn't put where digging still needs to be done (e.g. trenches).
- Remove grass, or use a chemical spray to kill it, under areas designated for ground cover (if needed). Do this only after the perimeter is marked off for the designated area.
- Fort Preparation: To ensure completion of this project on construction weekend it will be necessary to frameout all deck levels beforehand. Project foreman should talk this over with the designer on "stake-out" day.